The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 24, 2021, 03:42:15

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any APer Hip Hop Heads here?  (Read 3574 times)
InnateBuddha
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2006, 12:50:13 »

Anyone here into Hip Hop? If so, what kind are you into?  I see a lot of people here are into electronic music but no one speaks of hip hop so I'm wondering...

I'm an aspiring producer and DJ...you can check out some of my tracks at myspace.com/enzotanaka along with some concert pics.

"Waking to these sounds again/I wonder how I'll sleep/Passing out is taking off into the stubborn deep/I'd like to meet a human who makes it all seem clear/To work out all these cycles and why I'm standing here"-morcheeba
El-Bortukali
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 12:52:09 »

I'm not a fan of hip hop.Classical Music is more my style Smiley

Tá mo chroí istigh ionat
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2006, 12:52:09 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

intergalactic
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2006, 14:47:42 »

Heavy metal for me mostly Judas Priest.

And Beastie Boys
CFTraveler
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2006, 15:57:31 »

A combination of heavy metal 90's style and classical music.
NickJW
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 16:01:09 »

I like some hip-hop, mostly just old school stuff like NWA and Eazy-E.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2006, 16:01:09 »

Stookie
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 17:00:56 »

I listen to all kinds of music, but as far as hip-hop goes, I'm into Underground/Independent stuff: Living Legends, Project Blowed, Jedi Mind Tricks, MF Doom, Madlib, Mr. Lif, KRS-1, Gangstarr, Heiroglyphics/Del, Tribe CQ, De La Soul, Talib Kweli, Blackalicious/Gift of Gab, Eyedea & Abilities, 2Mex, Pete Rock, DJ Shadow, Jurassic 5, as well as old school such as Run DMC and Eric B. & Rakim, classic Wu, etc...

I'll listen to some of your stuff when I get to my good computer and let you know what I think.
InnateBuddha
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2006, 21:53:07 »

Stookie, we seem to share a lot of the same tastes...I actually worked with project blowed for a second... im mostly into golden era stuff myself..aka Gangstarr, Digable Planets, Jeru, I'm a huge Wu fan, De La, Tribe, Nas, Cormega etc etc...

I see you guys on the metal... my favorite band is Rage Against the Machine.

"Waking to these sounds again/I wonder how I'll sleep/Passing out is taking off into the stubborn deep/I'd like to meet a human who makes it all seem clear/To work out all these cycles and why I'm standing here"-morcheeba
Stookie
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 00:08:22 »

Your beats are pretty good. It sounds like you're a vinyl kind of guy? I like it. I've been collecting a bit of vinyl myself lately.

Rage is great, especially their first album. I used to listen to Tool constantly. I love punk. Ramones, Misfits, Dead Kennedys, Sex Pistols, Rancid, NOFX. And I own everything Jimi Hendrix. I've studied every song down to every note. Same with Bob Dylan. I also like Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Carl Perkins. But my all time favorite type of music is the Blues.  (this should probably be it's own "music" post)
ItachiUchiha
Astral Energy 1

Rougeanarchist666@hotmail.com Bam+Hellspawn
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 03:20:40 »

Rock and metal

like:
System of a Down
Avenged Sevenfold
Rage Against the Machine
Atreyu
Children of Bodom
Archenemy
Antiflag
Blink 182
Korn
Slipknot...
Oh and some emo music....More but im too lazy to think
InnateBuddha
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 05:36:57 »

thanks stookie.... yeah i prefer sampling but im known to do synth beats every once in  a while.... i love jimi hendrix too...i was obsessed with him for a good while. I love punk too, my favorite band is the Dead Kennedys. Blues is dope too, tho I'm more of a Jazz cat.  Miles, Billie Holliday, Nina Simone..

Do you guys like the band Clutch?? I recently discovered their stuff even though theyve been around for years.

Stookie
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 16:40:21 »

Oh yeah, I've got quite a jazz collection too. A couple weeks ago I found this antique store near my house that has tons of reggae albums at $1 apiece. I've been having a blast digging through those.
InnateBuddha
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 00:12:50 »

man, it seems like all the record shops around here are closing down....i think id go crazy digging thru 1 dollar reggae albums...

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: