The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 24, 2017, 03:40:31

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: censorship at astralpulse  (Read 4432 times)
Tisha
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2002, 20:33:23 »

Oh, dear, dear, dear!   Looks like our now-former member was just spoiling for a fight.  Our community's mild responses to him probably got him more spooled up than a real attack post would have.

Most of you are wise enough to see things for what they are, but for you newbies out there, know this:  The minute someone posts anything to the effect of "You fools!  I am King Pasta Tenth Degree of the Order of Macaroni and thou shalt worship me, you are lucky to have me on your site!" that should be your First Clue that what you are really dealing with is a Moron of the First Order.

Ahh, but he didn't find what he was looking for here, he has picked up his sword and slunk off to some other site.  Great job everyone!

Gee, I love this forum, I luv you gals/guys, keep it up - -

Tisha

"As Above, So Below"

Tisha
Synapse
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2002, 08:33:26 »

im sorry about my previous post to boo it was not my place to say the things i did but i was angry.
im young and new to this site and do not yet have the wisdom of other members. i hope i have not offended any other members.

#

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2002, 08:33:26 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2002, 10:18:19 »

quote:
Originally posted by booRadley:
Bwahahaha!
Taking up someone's bandwidth? A wealth of knowledge? At this place? Who here has a wealth of knowledge?
I see a lot of new agers, few with real training. I see armchair magicians who claim to have fought werewolves. This would get laughed out of any reasonable place.  

I hear all that you say, and it is unfortunate that you seem to have got off on the wrong foot here. Personally, I'd rather you remain and share some of your knowledge. I'm sure many of us would be most interested to hear of your experiences and the superior skills that you say you possess. Though, from what you say in this thread, your focus seems to be more karate oriented and this BBS is mainly to do with Astral Projection. So I'm not sure what the connection is there.

Best of luck, anyway.

Yours,
Frank

Adrian
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2002, 14:46:07 »

Greetings everyone,

I have now terminated the membership of booRadley in accordance with his requests.

Thank you all again for your public support.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
n/a
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2002, 17:22:53 »

I had a post censored last night.
Here is why:
The thread was titled 'christianburner' in the integral philosophy forum. I said that I found the logo at christianburner.com to be identical to the logo at a site I found a month ago dealing with black magick and pathworking on the dark side of the tree of life. I mentioned in my post that do NOT practice black magick. I did NOT provide a link to the black magick site in question. The point of my post was to say that I found christianburner.com creepy because it reminded me of the other site.

Some moderator on this site had the audacity to remove my post. When I notified Adrian of this development he merely said something to the effect of "moderators can remove any posts they want according to their individual criteria". Really Adrian? I would think there would be a policy set by Robert Bruce or one senior moderator regarding what should be removed. It's nice to know that individual moderators can remove any post that makes them feel icky. I thought this place was supposed to be professional.

Adrian's reply to me(in private message) basically says that there is a policy of censorship at this site. This policy is arbitrary. It has no guidelines. It is up to the discretion of individual moderators. There is no guiding rule. And there is no authority to appeal to.

Take a look again at what I have stated above. I wrote a post saying I thought christianburner.com to be creepy because it had the same logo as a creepy site dealing with black magick. I did not advocate black magick. I did not provide a link to the site dealing with black magick. I merely mentioned that both sites had the same logo. And that is why some moderator removed my post. I made it explicitly clear in my original post that I do not practice black magick. I find it incredible that some idiot on this site would take a post like that down.

Let's consider some alternatives:
What if I posted to some thread on this site the following words:
"some internet sites are creepy because they deal with black magick". Would that post be removed? According to Adrian there is no real set of guidelines, so if that made any moderator feel icky they could take it down. What if I said "some people on our planet are creepy and practice black magick". Would that post be taken down? According to Adrian it certainly could be. it's just up to the judgement of whoever is on call at the time.

I wonder what other members of this site think about this unprofessional policy and unbalanced conduct on the part of the moderator who removed my original post.

I wonder if the moderators on call will try to suppress this post? I wonder if I need to let people on alt.meditation.qigong, alt.wicca, alt.yoga, and alt.magick about the censorship here.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2002, 17:22:53 »

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: