The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 06, 2020, 07:39:39

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dramatic Statistical growth in Forum activity  (Read 3729 times)
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« on: May 28, 2010, 20:11:18 »

As many of you know, if you scroll to the bottom of the main forum screen, there is a little link to view a compilation of various kinds of statistical data on the forum.

I remember thinking a few years ago that the forums were quite dead, and that most of the big posters had ceased activity. Well, I looked at the charts, and most of the data does actually say that there was a dramatic decline a few years back, with as little as a quarter of the previous activity at times.

What surprised me, though, was that if you look at the recent data, we have have historically high amounts of most kinds of activity as of the last few months. This month, for instance, was the historical high for most posts ever, currently 2800 or so. A couple months ago, for whatever weird reason, we had the most people online ever- 199, which is 4 to 6 times higher than most average monthly highs.

Oddly enough, during this time we also had statisically low numbers of new members. Usually around 150, whereas for the past year before that, we had around 1250 new members per month. It is hard to say what news stories or ideas were current during that time which led so many people to join for that year or so... maybe it was something to do with the 2012 commotion becoming more public?

It is also interesting to note that if you compare the numbers of members active during each time to the numbers of posts made, that the earlier days of the forums had far less people active, but they contributed many more posts per person. Today there are more posts overall, but they are spread over a much larger user base.

Nontheless, I think it is safe to say there there is tremendously more interest being evinced by the large number of people active, and the larger overall body of posts and information being contributed today. I am glad to see this mearsureable growth in activity, and hope that it is related to a real trend in interest.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic
missym
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:47:19 »

I'm with you here - props to us!  wink
It also seems Astral projection isnt so hidden in the closet as it was before - more people are studying/experimenting with it and not having to be ashamed of it.

Bring into play the divine within you, so on the stage of life you can fulfill your high destined role.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:47:19 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 15:08:53 »

The study of consciousness has really taken off over the last while.
People are becoming more aware to the greater reality around them.

It's quite possibly the best time to be alive... and ironically, also the absolute worst.  LOL

~Ryan

Stookie
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 16:36:04 »

Not to put Xanth on the spot (but I am), I noticed a jump a some months back, and back then, even though I never said anything to anyone, figured it was because of Xanth. He put so much energy into the forum, with resurrecting Frank's information, helping out others and pointing them in the right direction, and spurring more people to actively participate. Not to mention the chat room. Other people seemed to really latch onto that energy and it's spread. We just needed a little extra positive boost, and now we've got momentum.

Thanks to all the actively participating members!

Word.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 17:38:08 »

Word Smiley

I appreciate the nice comments.
I really am happy to see all the new posters!

And I'm especially happy to see that Frank's knowledge has begun spreading once again. Cheesy

~Ryan
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 17:40:32 by Xanth » Logged

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 17:38:08 »

Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 19:20:04 »

Yeah, props Xanth- the Frank compilation is probably the coolest thing someone did in the forum this year  cheesy cheesy cheesy

Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 11:13:07 »

I've noticed myself becoming more and more spiritual lately. I feel my consciousness shifting.

I am trying to pop in more often, despite health issues (nothing life-threatening), and my work/other commitments (we are all volunteer moderators).

I have been working hard on interpreting my dreams and using them as insight for my days. When I get good enough at it, I would like to create some more posts.

I went through a phase very recently where I experienced higher than normal telepathic and clairvoyant ability.

I feel that we are quite possibly heading toward a global shift in consciousness; either that, or we have more people posting due to college letting out.  grin

Oh, and major props to Xanth for all your help!

JenX
Web/Graphic Designer, Illustrator and Recording Artist
http://www.reverbnation.com/jenx
Naykid
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 14:40:20 »

I have been feeling the same way and was just talking about it the other day.  Seems to be getting faster.

WTG Xanth!
Stookie
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 17:00:33 »

I'll admit that my own meditations have been much more frequent and empowering over the last couple months. I've been really busy with less time, but the irony is that those reasons have become my driving force. The less time I have for it, the more important it is to make time. 15 or 20 minutes before the day starts is as essential as breakfast right now.
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 22:43:01 »

I find that this is also true...

I suspect it is mainly because of the season, since I obviously have more time to spend in the summer... maybe not though... who knows.

Yin
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 22:58:55 »

This would only be for school employees and those who are in school/not taking summer classes in college, wouldn't it? Poll time! lol
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 01:04:55 »

Yes. I would imagine our demographics pull heavily from that group, however. My guess would be 40-65% fit that label.

Yin
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 01:28:47 »

Yes. I would imagine our demographics pull heavily from that group, however. My guess would be 40-65% fit that label.

This is true, mostly aimed at college/school students, and not actual faculty. I am actually thinking this may be due to the younger generations being more tech-savy and interested in new concepts thus they end up here.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: