The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 02, 2022, 07:46:20

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Euro 2004  (Read 12112 times)
Akensai
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2004, 21:46:02 »

quote:
Originally posted by Qui-Gon Jinn

And Germany lost... now its Sweden vs. Holland in the qfs... sorry Akensai, but youll have to go pack your bags on Saturday Wink

haha, we  will see.
Selski
Experiencer
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2004, 11:35:30 »

England are going to smack those Portuguese bottoms tonight.

Come on England!!

Ho hum.

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2004, 11:35:30 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Gandalf
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2004, 12:15:57 »

Oh dear.... England have just.............lost.

WHY was that goal disallowed, was the referee in the pocket of the Portugese?

btw I'm actually Scottish but I support England's campaign (esp. seeing how Scotland couldnt even manage to qualify!).

What a match, I think that England deserved to win, that referee decision cost England the match.... scandal!

Douglas

PS Beckam seems to have been asleep for most of the match and that penalty!

"It is to Scotland that we look for our idea of civilisation." -- Voltaire.
Qui-Gon Jinn
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2004, 12:43:20 »

Actually I think it might have been a right call by the ref, very tough, but correct... hard one... John Terry was perhaps not blocking the keepers way to the ball as much as he was up there with his arms, fencing... my spontaneous reaction was that it should have been goal, but after seeing the replays - well, I cant say its wrong to disallow it.
I doubt though very much the ref could have seen it from where he was standing, I think he called the free kick in fear he would miss a rough - and the goal if allowed would have decided the game so...
Anyhow, great game - very dramatic/emotional and almost as good as Holland vs. Check Rep. footballwise, petty such games are to be decided by penalties.

Good to see the hosts make it through even though I love english football... tonight; France vs. Greece.
My pick; France to win 2-0

[8]
Kazbadan
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2004, 16:51:19 »

Pooooortugal!!!!!!!!!

My friends, the referee is not guilty! i dont understand why you say that. Just see:
- Portugal played as a master champion, very good ideed. Much better than England.
- The goal was not a goal. Every body is blind: they commited a fault over the keeper.

My biggest fear its Rep. Chezk.

Keep going Portugal!!!

I love you!
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2004, 16:51:19 »

majour ka
Astral Energy 4

www.marcusday.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2004, 18:19:07 »

England to be fair fell apart when Rooney went off! couldnt believe they just fell back and defended.

But there must have been alot of portragues people today thinking how lucky we are! that the ref disalowed what was a perfectly ligitamet goal! England 2 Portrugal 1.

Kazbadan
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2004, 21:38:00 »

sorry to say: portugal 2 england 1:

the goal its not a goal. they commited a fault over Ricardo (keeper). Over.

Portugal shuted a a kick and ball entered the the line of the net but that was not considered goal. Besides that Portugal played much better.

But it was a nice game. England its a good team. There will be more euros and world cups. Let Portugalk win this one because we will never win anything more!

At the time i write this France is gonne[xx(] Greeks are strange. Their game its not good, but hey never loose!

I love you!
Akensai
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2004, 13:21:23 »

Woot. Tonight we gonna beat sweden. [8D]
Qui-Gon Jinn
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2004, 14:26:17 »

quote:
Originally posted by Akensai

Woot. Tonight we gonna beat sweden. [8D]

*ROTFLMAO*

Dream on, dream on........ Wink

Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrik Larsson wont give de Boer/Stam a moment to rest... easy win for Sweden! [8D]  ...despite the fact that our two first pick wing- defenders will miss the game.... were just to good, simple as that [^]

Qui-Gon Jinn
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2004, 20:22:47 »

[B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)][B)]

//[|)]
Akensai
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2004, 21:26:32 »

[Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy][Cheesy]

Phong
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2004, 22:04:52 »

I hate penalty shootouts!

Well, at least I can feel good for Holland breaking its shootout curse [|)]
ImmuredSoul
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2004, 04:47:32 »

Woman Stabs Partner Over Soccer Match

BERLIN (June 25) - Passions surrounding Germany's final match at the Euro 2004 soccer championships turned violent when a woman stabbed her partner in the head because she didn't want to watch the game on television.

"He wanted to watch football, she didn't," said a police spokesman in the western city of Wuppertal on Thursday.

Police arrested the 31-year-old woman and confiscated the kitchen knife with which she gashed the man at the start of Germany's Group D tie against the Czech Republic on Wednesday. The man was treated in hospital and later released.

Germany lost the game 2-1 and crashed out of the tournament.

If I am to become that which will kill me, then perhaps I should just commit suicide? - My Immured Soul
Kazbadan
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2004, 21:00:44 »

Yeeess!! We beated Netherlands! They played well and it was a nice game from both parts in evrything: the game was not a defensive one like vs england, and there was fairplay in and out of the lines. The adepts were very nice, and the said that we deserved to win, not like many others....[Smiley]

just kiding...

btw: now we are really f"&& because the most probable adversaire will be Rep.Chezk. They are very strong. Lets see...

I love you!
Kazbadan
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2004, 20:12:05 »

This is very funny: the tournment first game was Portugal-Greece, and the last one is Portugal-Greece again!

Hope his time we win.

Cristiano Ronaldo, Figo and Ricardo Carvalho (middle defense or the like) are making a great championship. Ronaldo, its beautiful to see it playing. It looks like he is flying (it must be the name Ronaldo...this is the thir one being really good)!

Come on Portugal!! We must win!

I love you!
Reality
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2004, 10:38:00 »

Well, it looks like Portugal is going to get a new chance to put straight what went so terribly wrong in the opening game!

Greece has gained my respect big time!

So there, I hope Greece will be the one to fly away with the Trophy, but if your Portugal does win it's beautful too, I mean first losing and then taking revenge in the finals. Both great story's.

How great this might be for the both country's, if Netherlands would win euro2004 it would have been the funniest outcome, if you look at their piteful/lucky performances Wink
Kazbadan
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2004, 10:53:33 »

Greece as win my respect too, but Portugal too. To be honest, and this is not because i am portuguese, i think that Portugal it is playing very much better than Greece. Greece plays a little like Italy: counter attack style and i dont like that kind of cowered play.  

I prefer strong teams like Netherlands that make direct attacks, or France (when they are in their best) that attack directly in the middle, instead of making flanked attacks.

I love you!
Qui-Gon Jinn
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2004, 20:41:09 »

Agree, funny it should end up the same game that kicked off the tourney. Greece has been the major surprise, but I dont think theyll go all the way... they might be happy with what theyve already done - whilst Portugal settle for less than the Win when coming this far... and the crowd will be a 12th player for the Red n Green.

Hosts win by 1 and Felipo will be forever king in the land of Portugal. [Smiley]

Should have been Sweden though [Sad!][B)][Wink][|)]
Reality
« Reply #43 on: July 04, 2004, 10:46:20 »

I got a hunch that Portugal, is going to beat greece badly(despite the fact that greece performed so well). Like two quick goals in the beginning, and one at the in final phase.

That, or it will be a close goal-less game like greece-vs-chechrep.

I'd love Greece to win, but at a deeper level I see Portugal win. This due to their quality players and yeah attacking playing style, like you said kazdbadan.

But we'il see it all soon enough! Smiley
Reality
« Reply #44 on: July 04, 2004, 20:12:19 »

Wohooooooo! Greece won!!! This is alot more beautiful then if Netherlands would have won!

Ole Ole Ole!!! Smiley

I think those Portugese players despite the fact that they lost should have accepted those medals a little bit more gracefully! It looked like a funeral, or as if the medals would curse them Wink

Oh well...yeahhh Greece won!!!

Qui-Gon Jinn
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2004, 20:47:46 »

Congratulations... an extremly well done tournament, with a tactic that worked wonders! I heard coach Otto now gets to drive in the special lanes in Greece in which otherwise only collective transport are allowed in [Cheesy]
He wont have to pay for a meal in all of Greece ever again, if I were him, Id quit the job now and stay in Greece........... living la vida loca... [Wink]
Reality
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2004, 10:33:08 »

quote:
Originally posted by Qui-Gon Jinn

Congratulations... an extremly well done tournament, with a tactic that worked wonders! I heard coach Otto now gets to drive in the special lanes in Greece in which otherwise only collective transport are allowed in [Cheesy]
He wont have to pay for a meal in all of Greece ever again, if I were him, Id quit the job now and stay in Greece........... living la vida loca... [Wink]

Well being such a succesful trainer and all he probably has more then enough money to suffice his material needs.

But you're right the idea that he could go there without a dime in his wallet is very interesting ha ha!
Kazbadan
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2004, 20:02:34 »

All of you are invited to come to Portugal and see Euro 2004, the soccer event of the year, here in Europe.

You will see the great players like Figo, Zidane, Beckam, Khan, O.Mars, Morientes, Del Piero, and many others.

I hope that it will be a nice sportive event, with good fairplay and with very good games and many goals.

I love you!
The Astral Pulse

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: