The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 22, 2020, 10:45:34

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to stop talking to yourself?  (Read 188 times)
MarsZM
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2020, 03:23:35 »

Hey everybody. I heard this is normal from some people but I hear itís not healthy from others and I wanted your opinion. Iím really trying to stop talking to myself... it seems I can shut off my mind and be okay but during waking life I actually have conversations with myself or just talk out loud about life and what I need to do Etc... it seems really obsessive. Does anybody else do this? I really just wanna learn to be still... during waking life. I have my personality and stuff and that feels fine.... itís just when I am processing things like anger or even just bored I just have a chat with myself and then even answer myself like itís two people talking.... and I feel nuts. Iím trying to just get to where I can be quiet and analyze things in my head... instead of using English language and goin back and fourth with myself. It doesnít seem right at all. It doesnít feel right.... does anybody else struggle with this and do you have any advice on how to stop this? I feel like itís not healthy. If it didnít bother me I wouldnít care but something feels really off. I do this so much probably more than the average person... cheers
Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:36 »

I stood across the apple display from a man talking quietly to himself realizing I was doing the same as we pick and chose apples. There was a moment we both stopped talking, met each others gaze and cracked up laughing as one. He said, you know you're crazy if you answer yourself. I looked him dead in the eye and said, you're crazier if you beg yourself to shut up and still can't do it. LOL

We both laughed insanely as apples rolled onto the floor and quietly turned and went our separate ways.

If it feels wrong then it might be your surroundings have taught you it is wrong or weird. But what if... it's a perfectly natural state for some people?

Edit: I'm was going to edit back in parts of this posts that went missing but here in the editor it's all there. Soooo, what's up with this. It's happened multiple times now.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 20:08:39 by Nameless » Logged

1 little, 2 little, 3 little puzzle pieces. 4 little, 5 little, 6 little Ö.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 05:55:36 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

LightBeam
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 06:02:05 »

I do it all the time and I enjoy it. It's a reflex of the mind. I think most of the people do it whether they realize it or not. Even when we meditate we still analyze things without words but still. Even when we are asleep our subconsciousness keeps rolling.
Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 20:20:28 »

MarsZM, you are not crazy, really. Everybody does that. It's called the monkey mind sometimes if it gets obsessive. But to a certain degree it is normal for everyone.

Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 02:50:09 »

MarsZM, you are not crazy, really. Everybody does that. It's called the monkey mind sometimes if it gets obsessive. But to a certain degree it is normal for everyone.
Yes, the sign of being "crazy" is when a argument breaks out, followed by a fist fight!  grin
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:03:01 by Lumaza » Logged

ďThe day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2020, 02:50:09 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: