The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 17, 2017, 17:36:04

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is euthanasia ethical?  (Read 1466 times)
dpk38
Astral Energy 3

Silence is transforming.

View Profile Email
« on: July 28, 2015, 08:53:31 »

What is your opinion?
IMO, i feel we are not supposed to intervene. The suffering is present for a purpose. It is probably due to some karmic imbalance. By killing the person you are not ending the trouble but are merely postponing it.

Do Not Be Limited By Perception;
Be Open To Accept Anything.
For Both Sides Of The Coin,
Hold The Truth
LightBeam
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:16:47 »

If you see a hungry child, would you feed them if you can? If you see a person in need and you can help, will you do it, or leave them because they need to experience that and you should not interfere? It is the same principle with euthanasia. We are constantly interacting with one another in this world. Who is to say that they have not suffered enough and it is time to experience compassion from some one and let someone help them to end their suffering. Maybe this is how they have arranged beforehand their suffering to end, and this is the ending of their lesson. Why do you shoot a horse when it breaks its leg? You will have to be a very cold person not to do it and let the animal suffer. Why do you put your beloved pets to sleep when they get very old or are terminally ill. I had to do that with 2 of my cats and it broke my heart, but it was more painful watching them suffer until the scheduled time.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 09:16:47 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

PlasmaAstralProjection
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2015, 19:56:46 »

This is a subject I have thought a lot about. There seems to be this underlying idea that it's not natural to take ones life even in old age. But the word natural is so arbitrary. I mean there are a lot of natural things that aren't good. Like earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, tornado's, hurricanes, and even radiation, and poison. As if natural things are always good.

Even in some of the meditational religions they say that you should commit suicide by starvation in order to prevent yourself the possibility of adding negative karma from a disease at the end of ones life. These practices being called Prayopavesa, and Sallekhana respectively.

On top of that the natural process of birth is said to be traumatic to the soul, yeah like that baby deserved all that extra karma.

Also by your reasoning why don't you become poor in order to burn off negative karma? Why not inject yourself with HIV? You see where this kind of thinking can lead people. We need to avoid suffering, not embrace because we are somehow inherently bad and we need to subject ourselves to indignity in order to free ourselves.

Furthermore these days you can't even die a natural death, (whatever that means). What I mean to say is that hospitals and hospices often have a policy of force-feeding people even though they can't or refuse to eat foods. They could be half dead and they will force-feed that person. This is a very unethical practice and undignified existence and should be abolished.

Moreover at the end of the day this is about dignity. I have been at death's door step before and let me give you a strong warning. You are at the mercy of whatever happens at the end of your life if you leave it up to the system. It's like playing Russian Roulette with your dignity. The lucky ones are the ones that die from a massive heart attack. I know what it's like to have a total mental breakdown, and your at deaths door step. And let me tell you it's not pretty. If anything I added negative karma going through that.

In fact I plan on taking my life when I am old and ready to die with a painless method. Though right now I am still young and will be going to college for the first time. So I learned an invaluable lesson about the end of life that taught me not to mess with my dignity. I will never let myself be subjected to that again in my life.

Lastly critics like to say well it's a slippery slope taking peoples lives of those that are terminally ill, or people taking their own lives at the end of life. The slippery slope argument doesn't work for the simple reason that it says let's not do good, in order to prevent a hypothetical bad down the line. shocked  huh
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 20:28:59 by PlasmaAstralProjection » Logged
Bluefirephoenix
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 03:11:25 »

This is  an issue that has great impact on my profession.  I have worked with palliative patients and families and been close to a hundred people as they passed.  I think Euthanasia is a line that we should not cross.  Medications are available to keep dying patients comfortable.  I feel the time soent in the last days of life is important to the crossing. 

Justification for euthanasia is a slippery slope and it slides easily into eugenics which I think is criminal.  and even legally justified euthanasia would affect those who did it snd the family members who agreed to it. I think life is a gift it should not be taken
PlasmaAstralProjection
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 04:32:46 »

This is  an issue that has great impact on my profession.  I have worked with palliative patients and families and been close to a hundred people as they passed.  I think Euthanasia is a line that we should not cross.  Medications are available to keep dying patients comfortable.  I feel the time soent in the last days of life is important to the crossing.  

Justification for euthanasia is a slippery slope and it slides easily into eugenics which I think is criminal.  and even legally justified euthanasia would affect those who did it snd the family members who agreed to it. I think life is a gift it should not be taken
I wish you a slow and painful death, with total mental breakdown. evil

OK on a serious note. I think there should be a line and a distraction drawn between doctor assisted suicide (self directed suicide), and euthanasia (not what a person wants possibly).  There is actually different forms of euthanasia. But to keep it simple I'll just stick to the above definitions. So I to have my doubts about euthanasia when people haven't requested it, and especially if their family says they didn't want to be euthanized.

But I have no doubt that when it's up to an individuals choice, especially after a long and fulfilling life, that it's absolutely ethical for that person to choose to end their life with or without a doctor. Just having a doctor and the law on your side is always a plus.

And as I like to say. - "My life, my death, my choice, because we should be able to control our lives, as much as we control our deaths."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:37:49 by PlasmaAstralProjection » Logged
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2015, 04:32:46 »

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 17:32:04 »

Intent. 

dpk38
Astral Energy 3