The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 17, 2019, 11:48:40

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Santa Claus real?  (Read 4767 times)
fredhedd
Astral Energy 4

fredheddd
View Profile Email
« on: December 03, 2002, 06:42:17 »

of course santa is real

Jeff_Mash
Astral Energy 5

jeff@myjokemail.com MagicJeffMash spicyjem
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 13:11:23 »

quote:
Originally posted by fredhedd:
of course santa is real

I agree.  He resides alongside the Easter Bunny, women who don't get cranky during PMS,  and men who can actually pee IN the toilet without spraying it all over the wall.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
MyJokeMail.com - Jokes and Humor
http://MyJokeMail.com

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.MJMMagic.com
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 13:11:23 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Synapse
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 14:39:53 »

if you believe santa is real then he is real.
when i was about 7 i used to get really confused about how my presents got delivered as my old house didnt have an open fire. lol my mum used to tell me he was magick and could still get in.

#

sahlyn
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 02:50:56 »

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff_Mash:

I agree.  He resides alongside the Easter Bunny, women who don't get cranky during PMS,  and men who can actually pee IN the toilet without spraying it all over the wall.

Lol....uhm, you can stay away from my bathroom http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

I might try to contact him next time I'm out of body. If he does exist, then I see no reason why he can't be found. I should add though... from me, such an experience would be very unlikely to be objective (still in early stages).

If anyone beats me to it, be sure to post your experiences.

oxxxx(:::::::::::::::::>
'may we learn to be nothing, may we learn to be everything'
Qui-Gon Jinn
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 11:50:47 »

I do not know why people even consider Santa not to be true, he always come to my grannies and granphas house every x-mas so I have solid proof he exist, I evenhave it on cam!!

http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/weihnachten/weihnachten007.gif" border=0>

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 11:50:47 »

PeacefulWarrior
Astral Energy 5

The best medicine is the display of compassion.

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 21:52:23 »

The Real Saint Nicholas
Saint Nicholas is the patron saint of just about everything. He is the national saint of Russia and Greece and churches named after him number in the thousands - more than 400 in Great Britain alone. He is the patron saint of judges, murderers, pawnbrokers, thieves, merchants, paupers, scholars, sailors, bakers, travelers, maidens and poor children. He is known as the friend and protector of all those in trouble.

Saint Nicholas was born in the Middle East about 350 miles northwest of Bethlehem in the fourth century. He grew up to become the bishop of Myra (now Kale), his hometown, Lycia, near the coast of what is now Turkey. Legends tell of his love for children, his kindness and the miracles he brought about.

Perhaps the most famous story of all tells how he helped three unfortunate young sisters who all had suitors but had no dowries because their father, a poor nobleman, could not raise the money. So they could not marry.

Now the bishop Nicholas was a shy man and did not like to give money directly , so he thought of a way to give it anonymously. When the first daughter was ready to marry, the good bishop tossed a bag of gold into the house at night. Later, when the second daughter prepared to marry, she too received a mysterious bag of gold. When the third daughter prepared to marry, the poor nobleman was determined to find out who had been so generous. So he kept watch and saw the bishop drop another bag of gold into the house. It has been said that Saint Nicholas climbed on the roof and dropped the third bag of gold down the chimney where it landed in a stocking hung to dry, giving us a reason to hang up Christmas stockings today. When the father saw what had happened, Nicholas begged him to keep the secret, but, of course, the news got out. From then on, whenever anyone received an unexpected gift, they thanked Nicholas.

Six hundred years later, the Russian Emperor Vladimir visited Constantinople and heard all the wonderful stories about Bishop Nicholas and decided to make him the patron saint of Russia. The stories even spread to the Laplands - to the people of the reindeer sleds.

The three bags of gold Nicholas gave the sisters made him the focus of merchants in northern Italy. Statutes and pictures had shown him holding the three bags and when taken as the patron saint of the merchants, the bags became gold balls, representing money lenders and today, pawnbrokers.

The anniversary of Nicholas' death, December 6th, either 345 A.D. or 352 A.D., is so close to Christmas that, in many countries, the two merged. But in Germany and the Netherlands, the two remain separate.

The Real Saint Nick
by Ralph F. Wilson
"A vast multitude was imprisoned in every place," wrote an eyewitness. "The prisons--prepared for murders and robbers--were filled with bishops, priests, and deacons ... so there was no longer room for those condemned of crimes."[1]

You'd hardly expect to find old St. Nick in jail. But St. Nicholas is more than a children's Christmas legend. He was flesh and blood, a prisoner for Christ, bishop of the Mediterranean city of Myra.

What do we know about the real St. Nicholas? He was born, ancient biographers tell us, to wealthy parents in the city of Patara about 270 A.D. He was still young when his mother and father died and left him a fortune.

As a teen-ager, Nicholas' humility was already evident. He had heard about a family destitute and starving. The father had no money for food, much less the dowry needed to marry off his three daughters. He was ready to send his oldest girl into the streets to earn a living as a prostitute.

Under the cover of night, Nicholas threw a bag of gold coins through the window of their humble dwelling. In the morning the father discovered the gold. How he rejoiced: his family was saved, his daughter's honor preserved, and a dowry for her marriage secured. Some time after, Nicholas secretly provided a dowry for the second daughter. Still later for the third.

But on the third occasion, the girls' father stood watching. As soon as the bag of gold thudded on the floor, he chased after the lad till he caught him. Nicholas was mortified to be discovered in this act of charity. He made the father promise not to tell anyone who had helped his family. Then Nicholas forsook his wealth to answer a call to the ministry.

At the nearby city of Myra a bishop supervised all the churches of the region. When the bishop died, the bishops and ministers from other cities and villages--Nicholas among them--gathered to choose a successor.

Nicholas was in the habit of rising very early and going to the church to pray. This morning an aged minister awaited him in the sanctuary. "Who are you, my son?" he asked.

"Nicholas the sinner," the young minister replied. "And I am your servant."

"Come with me," the old priest directed. Nicholas followed him to a room where the bishops had assembled. The elderly minister addressed the gathering. "I had a vision that the first one to enter the church in the morning should be the new bishop of Myra. Here is that man: Nicholas."

Indeed they did choose him as bishop. Nicholas was destined to lead his congregation through the worst tribulation in history.

In A.D. 303, the Roman Emperor Diocletian ordered a brutal persecution of all Christians. Those suspected of following the Lord were ordered to sacrifice to pagan gods. Nicholas and thousands of others refused.

Ministers, bishops, and lay people were dragged to prison. Savage tortures were unleashed on Christians all over the empire. Believers were fed to wild animals. Some were forced to fight gladiators for their lives while bloodthirsty crowds screamed for their death. Women suffered dehumanizing torment. Saints were beaten senseless, others set aflame while still alive.

Yet persecution couldn't stamp out Christianity. Rather it spread. Third Century leader Tertullian observed, "The blood of the martyrs is the seed of the Church."

Those who survived Diocletian's torture chambers were called "saints" or "confessors" by the people, because they didn't forsake their confession that Jesus Christ is Lord. Nicholas was one of these.

Finally, after years of imprisonment, the iron doors swung open and Bishop Nicholas walked out, freed by decree of the new Emperor Constantine. As he entered his city once more, his people flocked about him. "Nicholas! Confessor!" they shouted. "Saint Nicholas has come home."

The bishop was beaten but not broken. He served Christ's people in Myra for another thirty years. Through the prayers of this tried and tested soldier of faith, many found salvation and healing. Nicholas participated in the famous Council of Nicea in 325 A.D. He died on December 6, about 343, a living legend, beloved by his whole city.

St. Nick of yuletide fame still carries faint reminders of this ancient man of God. The color of his outfit recollects the red of bishop's robes. "Making a list, checking it twice," probably recalls the old saint's lectures to children about good behavior. Gifts secretly brought on Christmas eve bring to mind his humble generosity to the three daughters.

Yet if he were alive today, this saint would humbly deflect attention from himself. No fur-trimmed hat and coat, no reindeer and sleigh or North Pole workshop. As he did in life centuries ago, Bishop Nicholas would point people to his Master.

"I am Nicholas, a sinner," the old saint would say. "Nicholas, servant of Christ Jesus."

fides quaerens intellectum

We shall not cease from our exploration, and at the end of all our exploring, we shall arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T.S. Elliot
---------------
fides quaerens intellectum
shadowatcher
Astral Energy 3

idratherbepking
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2003, 14:49:25 »

I think the real point is that if enough people concentrate on the reality of something it will exist in the astral plane.
beavis
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2003, 15:38:51 »

"Oh, such a crushing, bitter realisation it was to have all that magic fall away to nothingness"

Your mom should learn not to lie to kids.
no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2003, 19:45:38 »

ah.. when i was about 4 or 5 my grandparents would draw me to the opposite side of the house from our christmas tree by telling me she heard santa fly off the roof and we should go look for him. we'd stare out the window for a while, then go back to the tree and itd have tons of presents under it. for a few days, i was wondering how santa planted all that crap under the tree *after* my grandma heard him fly off the roof to another house. then i came to the conclusion that santa never did come and it was my parents.

so now i know that santas paid for the presents, but our parents have to deliver them themselves; santa himself just works his elves with whips and gets rich off the profits. he's a very corrupt man, if you ask me..

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?
goingslow
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2003, 20:37:38 »

I still remember how sad I was the first christmas I knew there wasn't really a santa.
sahlyn
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2003, 00:57:04 »

Lol! I was surprised to see this thread pop up again after so long.

I was actually around 10 when I realised santa didn't physically exist (I dont know where the "12" came from)[Tongue] What happened is that one of my presents had a pricetag still on it. I'd always thought that santa made the presents himself in his big magical warehouse with his elves, so looking at that pricetag shattered the whole beautiful fantasy.[Smiley]

quote:
I still remember how sad I was the first christmas I knew there wasn't really a santa.

How did you find out?

About that funny looking guy I mentioned in my first post... It looked nothing like santa, but did fit the common depiction of an elf (small, skinny, vintage like clothes, pointy shoes), and it had a funny hair do (stuck down/back, mid neck lenghth, big curl at the back).

When I saw this thing, it looked a bit like a shadow, but it was shiny and alive, and was sneaking on its tipy toes as it moved.
I'd only just woken up at the time, and probably had astral sight. It could have been any entity really, but it's kind of a coincidence that it was on christmas eve, and looked like an elf.
I've never seen anything like it since.

We always used to leave beer and cookies for santa, and my friends did the same. I remember one time I was thinking about this, and I got really worried about santa getting too drunk and crashing his sleigh, or forgeting to deliver the presents... lol. After expressing my concern to mum, we changed from beer to orange juice.
Tayesin
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2003, 01:15:07 »

quote:
Originally posted by sahlyn

Santa's not real?[Sad]

[/quote]
We always used to leave beer and cookies for santa, and my friends did the same. I remember one time I was thinking about this, and I got really worried about santa getting too drunk and crashing his sleigh, or forgeting to deliver the presents... lol. After expressing my concern to mum, we changed from beer to orange juice.
[/quote]

Ahhhh! I remember those days, back in the sixties all the alcohol gave Santa the perfect excuse for being a bit late. I did catch him once or twice, sneaking out of the lounge room, on wobbly feet from all the beer.  He looked a bit like my Dad from behind and must have spilled beer on his good red suit coz he was just wearing shorts when I saw him  LOL.

Love always.
Athios
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2003, 09:29:24 »

It does sound possible that he could have manifested into existance from all the 'power' from kids.
But there's also a lot of opposing 'power' from lots of adults who are 'certain' that Santa doesn't exist.

Btw, if Santa really could've come into existance this way, so could all the monsters under your bed!!!  [Cheesy]
mystic
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2003, 17:48:21 »

I guess you all know the scientific proof of Santa's nonexistence, but here it is again:

1)No known species of reindeer can fly. BUT there are 300,000 species of living organisms yet to be classified, and while most of these are insects and germs, this does not COMPLETELY rule out flying reindeer which only Santa has ever seen.

2)There are 2 billion children (persons under 18) in the world. BUT since Santa doesn't (appear) to handle the Muslim, Hindu, Jewish and Buddhist children, that reduces the workload to 15% of the total - 378 million according to Population Reference Bureau. At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per household, that's 91.8 million homes. One presumes there's at least one good child in each.

3)Santa has 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 822.6 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with good children, Santa has 1/1000th of a second to park, hop out of the sleigh, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left, get back up the chimney, get back into the sleigh and move on to the next house. Assuming that each of these 91.8 million stops are evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false but for the purposes of our calculations we will accept), we are now talking about .78 miles per household, a total trip of 75-1/2 million miles, not counting stops to do what most of us must do at least once every 31 hours, plus feeding and etc.
This means that Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second, 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle on earth, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second; a conventional reindeer can run, tops, 15 miles per hour.

4)The payload on the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium-sized lego set (2 pounds), the sleigh is carrying 321,300 tons, not counting Santa, who is invariably described as overweight. On land, conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that "flying reindeer" (see point #1) could pull TEN TIMES the normal anoint, we cannot do the job with eight, or even nine. We need 214,200 reindeer. This increases the payload - not even counting the weight of the sleigh - to 353,430 tons. Again, for comparison - this is four times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth.

5)353,430 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance - this will heat the reindeer up in the same fashion as spacecrafts re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer will absorb 14.3 QUINTILLION (that is 14300000000000000000000000000000) joules of energy. Per second. Each. In short, they will burst into flame almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them, and create deafening sonic booms in their wake. The entire reindeer team will be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second. Santa, meanwhile, will be subjected to centrifugal forces 17,500.06 times greater than gravity. A 250-pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of his sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force.

In conclusion - If Santa ever DID deliver presents on Christmas Eve, he's dead now.
Tayesin
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2003, 09:53:30 »

ROFLMAO!!!

Oh no, PMSL too.

Now my face hurts.

Love always.
no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2003, 10:50:04 »

i need to remember this post for when christmas rolls around. that was an awesome post, mystic [Cheesy]

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?
mystic
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2003, 11:14:21 »

Thx, I just love this one [Smiley] I got it from a friend of mine on a birthday party. It took him almost half an hour to read it because we were all choking with laughter [Cheesy]
Adrian
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2003, 11:29:03 »

Greetings sahlyn

quote:
Originally posted by sahlyn
Anyway, zooming forward 8 years to my current age of 20, I've begun to wonder if maybe the old guy actually does exist. Think about it, all those millions of children believing with all their heart and soul, it's sure to have created one heck of a powerful thought-form.

That is an extremely good point! With all of that energy focussed on Santa, he is sure to exist in the Astral. It doesn't take that much energy comparitively speaking to create an independant being. It happens all the time without people even knowing it.

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
sahlyn
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2002, 00:29:41 »

I remember back when I was about 12 years old, I was heartbroken to discover that all those presents labelled "From Santa" that my sisters and I would find scattered around the christmas tree every morning on December 25th, had all along been the playful work of our mother. Oh, such a crushing, bitter realisation it was to have all that magic fall away to nothingness http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_clown.gif" border=0>

Anyway, zooming forward 8 years to my current age of 20, I've begun to wonder if maybe the old guy actually does exist. Think about it, all those millions of children believing with all their heart and soul, it's sure to have created one heck of a powerful thought-form.

The following is an excerpt from the book "Summoning Spirits" by Konstantinos:
"Like a painter who takes Divine inspiration and creates a marvel on canvas, a magician can sometimes channel Divine energy into the creation of a completely new entity. This magical construct, commonly known as an egregore, is an energy being created by the magician to carry out a specific task. Egregores, like other entities, are completely independent of the magician once created."

The above is illustrating nothing new. And it could be logical to assume that even if there was no truth to it (santa claus) in the begining, the extraordinary amount of energy channeled into the belief will have created a level of truth.

I don't know anything about the real legend. Does the name "Saint Nicholas" mean anything to anyone? It just popped into my head.

So what are your thoughts on all of this?

Oh, and has anyone ever had any unusual experiences (sightings etc) on the night before christmas? I remember when I was about 10, I saw some funny looking guy sneaking around the christmas tree. I might give details later.

oxxxx(:::::::::::::::::>
'may we learn to be nothing, may we learn to be everything'
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: