The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 24, 2017, 11:07:45

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Members' Artwork  (Read 125522 times)
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #300 on: July 28, 2012, 15:25:01 »

I have always liked images where the vanishing points are grossly off the horizon, haha- it gives a very surreal sort of impression, that isolates the entities as separate objects of consideration in a way that unified vanashing points can't.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic
Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2012, 16:36:11 »

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2012, 16:36:11 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #302 on: August 01, 2012, 23:28:53 »

I guess this would not be considered standard art but my abilities with paint or pencil are extremely limited but give me a hammer and a very hot fire and I can forge steel

NICE!!

Make me a sword!!!! Please!!! Can I design it?

Much respect sir!!
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #303 on: August 08, 2012, 05:07:47 »

Just thought I'd share this with you... Just finished it...

It depicts Bedeekin meditating under the Time-Peace tree.

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2012, 05:36:27 »

great bedeekin.

i should have invested more time in graphic design.  i still do it the old fashioned way.  oil paint and canvas.

be awesome.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #304 on: August 10, 2012, 05:36:27 »

Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #305 on: August 10, 2012, 08:19:28 »

Well I am a traditional artist also and not into graphical design whatsoever. Apart from logos and tattoos etc. Other than that I'm pretty useless at desktop publishing or Digital 3D etc.

Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #306 on: August 15, 2012, 10:12:57 »

Lol stookie... you are going nuts with the penned stuff  cheesy

I like your paintings alot as well bed, good stuff.

Here are some things I have done recently:

Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #307 on: August 15, 2012, 12:21:03 »

Blender eh?

You must have tried Zbrush.
Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 15, 2012, 17:10:06 »

Those are awesome Stillwater. I've done some stuff in Zbrush, but I'm not too great at 3D modeling yet.

Lol stookie... you are going nuts with the penned stuff  cheesy

Yeah, at the beginning of the year I decided to start these. The idea was to bring out my creativity in ways I've never done, and eventually be able to work those ideas into bigger projects. I have a few rules: I can only go into a drawing with a single, simple idea to build on or none at all. I want it to be in-the-moment, stream-of-consciousness. And I have to fill the entire page. My goal is to do this for an entire year.

It's already spawned 3 bigger projects... I'm working on a wood engraving right now (laser, not hand engraved) that I'm almost finished with. It's taken weeks. So much staining, poly, engraving, staining, cutting, engraving, staining, shellac... but it's almost done now. I'll post a pic when it's done.

You're painting is awesome Beedekin. It reminds me of a shirt I had as a teenager of an alien meditating under a giant mushroom (though yours is much more colorful and detailed). I think it's since gone to the goodwill. I wonder if anyone wears it these days?
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #309 on: August 15, 2012, 19:25:21 »

I have actually never used zbrush, haha- even the academic version runs 450$, lol.

They were about 95% meshed, and then I used blender's sculpt functions. I don't know how zbrush works, but if you sculpt too much in blender, you start to thin out the mesh geomertry in regions, so you sort of have to model most of it.

Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #310 on: August 15, 2012, 22:03:38 »

Here's a new art blog I started this morning. It's mostly my early work at the moment... stuff I did for an alien exhibition... a sample:

I've been a busy bee....

http://bedeekins.blogspot.co.uk/

please check it out.

I did some Zbrush modelling for Harry Potter and Dark knight... but I'm actually not that proficient at it.  grin Very basic level. Zbrush 101. not even that.

But I'm learning it because my industry is coming around to using 3D printing these days.
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #311 on: August 16, 2012, 02:37:21 »

What does your company use 3d printing for? Fabricating things like ceramic set pieces?

Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #312 on: August 16, 2012, 02:53:43 »

No... The Jokers Henchmen masks in the Dark Knight. I built them on Zbrush then they were turned up in a 4 axis milling machine. Other things were the pommel of the Wolfman's cain and some other bits and bobs on Harry Potter. Voldemort's ring.
Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 17, 2012, 16:06:32 »

I finally finished my wood picture. It's 16"x13 1/2" and made out of birch. The process: I stained the entire piece with 4 coats of black stain, and then coated that with polyurethane. When that dried, I laser engraved the pattern into it. Then I did 2 coats of maple colored stain in the engraved areas. Then I put 4 coats of shellac over that. Then I cut out the pieces of the frame with the laser, and engraved/stained it the same way, and assembled it with brackets and screws on the back.

This was fun in that I used all my favorite art skills throughout the process: hand drawing, computer graphics editing, woodworking, & engraving.

Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #314 on: August 17, 2012, 16:35:11 »

Very nice Stookie!!  smiley
Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 17, 2012, 16:37:33 »

Very nice Stookie!!  smiley

Thanks! Smiley
Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2012, 16:06:33 »

Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 27, 2012, 19:19:23 »

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 30, 2012, 15:51:42 »

some self-portraits i did recently.

be awesome.
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2012, 15:52:39 »

another one.  this is my favorite.

be awesome.
Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 30, 2012, 16:46:47 »

Those are really good PR Smiley. I like how you did the eyes, and the outline on your hair in the 2nd one.

I never really got into painting (without krylon Wink ), though I know I will at some point. The price of paint and supplies always drove me away.
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #321 on: August 30, 2012, 21:01:59 »

Here is one of my Faeries. Murvle

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2012, 01:40:35 »

Those are really good PR Smiley. I like how you did the eyes, and the outline on your hair in the 2nd one.

I never really got into painting (without krylon Wink ), though I know I will at some point. The price of paint and supplies always drove me away.

this is a secret, just between me and you.

i used to work at an arts & crafts supply store called A.C. MOORE, kind of like Michael's, though I think they have a much better art department than michael's.  I was the supervisor of the art department (the only management job I've ever had) because of my art experience and notoriety (I won first place in the Virginia State Art Fair for charcoal drawing, which is apparently a big deal because the Classroom/Workshop/Studio Director hired me because she recognized my name from the art fair). 

anyway, I wasn't a good employee.  Every single piece of my art supplies (except my canvases and gesso, which I make myself') I stole from A.C. MOORE.  Paint, brushes, palette paper, paint thinner, masking fluid, all kinds of oils and additives, etc., etc., etc.  I have literally thousands of dollars worth of painting supplies, every bit of which I stole.  So yea, I understand what you mean.  It's expensive.  But there's nothing like good old fashioned oil painting.  Though most painters I know have switched to acrylics because oil is just too high maintenance and expensive.  It really is tedious to set up and clean up oil paint.  Acrylic just takes a little water.  I still love oils though.  watercolors are fun too. 

you know, i would also recommend getting into charcoal.  it's an underused medium and it's really quite amazing once you get the hang of working with it.  just be prepared to get your fingers dirty.  nothing blends charcoal like fingers.

be awesome.
Stookie_
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2012, 16:37:47 »

this is a secret, just between me and you.

i used to work at an arts & crafts supply store called A.C. MOORE, kind of like Michael's, though I think they have a much better art department than michael's.  I was the supervisor of the art department (the only management job I've ever had) because of my art experience and notoriety (I won first place in the Virginia State Art Fair for charcoal drawing, which is apparently a big deal because the Classroom/Workshop/Studio Director hired me because she recognized my name from the art fair). 

anyway, I wasn't a good employee.  Every single piece of my art supplies (except my canvases and gesso, which I make myself') I stole from A.C. MOORE.  Paint, brushes, palette paper, paint thinner, masking fluid, all kinds of oils and additives, etc., etc., etc.  I have literally thousands of dollars worth of painting supplies, every bit of which I stole.  So yea, I understand what you mean.  It's expensive.  But there's nothing like good old fashioned oil painting.  Though most painters I know have switched to acrylics because oil is just too high maintenance and expensive.  It really is tedious to set up and clean up oil paint.  Acrylic just takes a little water.  I still love oils though.  watercolors are fun too.

Ha! I've known a few artists who did the same thing. They worked in art stores and got their supplies the same way.

you know, i would also recommend getting into charcoal.  it's an underused medium and it's really quite amazing once you get the hang of working with it.  just be prepared to get your fingers dirty.  nothing blends charcoal like fingers.

That's not a bad idea at all. Getting dirty ain't no thang. Grease, oil, stain, & paint are normal parts of my life.

Here is one of my Faeries. Murvle

That's creepily awesome Bedeekin Smiley
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #324 on: September 01, 2012, 01:56:25 »

lol... thanks.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: