The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 19, 2019, 10:53:37

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your dream job  (Read 203 times)
LightBeam
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« on: August 12, 2019, 05:47:22 »

I was thinking what would make me super excited to get up every morning and go to work with great passion. After visiting the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory last week, I realized that would be Astrophysics. How cool it would be to look into space all day long finding more and more about the universe, stars formation, galaxies, searching for life out there, etc. Well, if I was a little younger, I would enroll in college to get that degree.  I missed my chance, but for all of you that have opportunity to study, please find your true passion and obtain that degree. I still enjoy doing clinical research, but Astrophysics would have been the ultimate joy.

So, how about you guy, what would be your dream job that would give you the ultimate fulfillment.

Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 08:54:13 »

I think something I would tell a young person is that if you want to work in a field, find someone who actually does the job you want to have, and see if you are able to shadow them for a day.

A young person's interpretation of what a job would be like is often an idealization. But seeing the work in the flesh is super helpful in evaluating if it is something for you!

I am lucky enough to have a sort of dream job myself these days... and it just sort of happened by accident. One day, while being between architecture jobs, I just started making computer games with friends. Now I can do just about every job that goes into creating one, and help manage a really fun team, and we've published some successful titles. I guess the takeaway from that life experience that becoming really good at something you both like and can see yourself doing every day often pays off. No one hired us, we never went to college for it... we just studied a craft and ended up with elite skill after so many years of work. If you realize that in some fields the barriers are non-existant, I think that can be very empowering. 

And oddly enough I get to have fun doing what I wanted to do as an architect, but with far less constraints.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 08:54:13 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: