The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 17, 2018, 06:53:35

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on Third Eye  (Read 2647 times)
Nick
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2004, 18:08:19 »

Hi The Gaffer,

Welcome to the Astral Pulse forums! [Smiley] There have been a number of threads about a year or more ago by one of our members: Frank. He wrote of something called astral phasing and used terms from Robert Monroe, such as focus levels. There is some good information there that you may be interested in looking over. Particularly, when he writes of Focus 12. You may be encountering the same phenomena based on what you've written above.

Take a look at our Welcome to Permanent Astral Topics forum. In that forum there are a number of previous topics that we've found to have a recurring value, so we've placed them there.

Look over these topics:

Achieving Consciousness State for Astral Phasing
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2315

Phasing Methods
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5685

and also

Gateway Wave 1 pointers
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1832

There are a number of excellent posts by members, however take note of posts by Frank and Adrian in particular. As I said, there is a lot of excellent information therein.

Very best,
Nick

"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Rastus
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 18:11:27 »

I attibute several things to "Third Eye" sight.

First off is Auric sight.  This is the ability to see Aura's.  you need a little bit of Ambient light to do this, but its relatively easy if you've been meditating for 8 months.  Check out the PDF on Auric vison from the downloads link off the main page.

Second is Astral sight.  This one is more complex, and I don't think everyone can do it (I can).  This is where you are seeing into the RTZ (Real Time astral Zone).  You can see all kinds of 'interesting' things when doing this such as energy lines, astral wildlife, spirit entities, etc.  Far seeing can be interpreted as Projected Astral vision, or seeing things at a distance.

The patterns you describe aren't familiar to me.  That doesn't mean anything, they are for you, but the question is what are they from?  It can be your spirit guide (we all have one) trying to get in contact with you.  Can you speak and not break meditation?  If so, then ask "am I supposed to see and black and white checkerboard" and see what happens.  Use a gentle but firm voice, you have nothing to be afraid of.  The responce can be a different visualization, a feeling, a sound, or lights.  Just work under the assumption a being is trying to communicate with you while your in a recpetive state and go from there, it may help if you treat them like a foriegner with a dictionary trying to get a point across.  Ideally once you estanblish communication, you will see much more complex images [Cheesy]

There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 18:11:27 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

The Gaffer
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 18:58:54 »

quote:
Originally posted by Rastus

I attibute several things to "Third Eye" sight.

First off is Auric sight.  This is the ability to see Aura's.  you need a little bit of Ambient light to do this, but its relatively easy if you've been meditating for 8 months.  Check out the PDF on Auric vison from the downloads link off the main page.

Second is Astral sight.  This one is more complex, and I don't think everyone can do it (I can).  This is where you are seeing into the RTZ (Real Time astral Zone).  You can see all kinds of 'interesting' things when doing this such as energy lines, astral wildlife, spirit entities, etc.  Far seeing can be interpreted as Projected Astral vision, or seeing things at a distance.

The patterns you describe aren't familiar to me.  That doesn't mean anything, they are for you, but the question is what are they from?  It can be your spirit guide (we all have one) trying to get in contact with you.  Can you speak and not break meditation?  If so, then ask "am I supposed to see and black and white checkerboard" and see what happens.  Use a gentle but firm voice, you have nothing to be afraid of.  The responce can be a different visualization, a feeling, a sound, or lights.  Just work under the assumption a being is trying to communicate with you while your in a recpetive state and go from there, it may help if you treat them like a foriegner with a dictionary trying to get a point across.  Ideally once you estanblish communication, you will see much more complex images [Cheesy]

Firstly thanks for the replies Wink When the initial image of the circle with the point of light appeared I was'nt specifically thinking of spirits. Rather in the build up to this I had been focusing on constructing a model of the Universe in my mind. I actually imagined I could not only construct a model of the Universe in my mind but also that I could see right through it.

The second technique I used was to imagine I was in a room with dirty windows. I would then clean these to reveal a view that strectehd on for miles. Then gradually over a period of weeks I imagined I could see further and further. Eventually I climbed to the top of a building and imagined I could see right into the depths of space and ultimately into the centre of the Universe. After that the image of the circle with the point appeared and its been there ever since.

I also regually practice visulaisation techniques. Often when I'm walking in the country side I visualise walking to three different locations at once as well as visualising whats behind me.

Rastus
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 19:15:53 »

There are 2 sci-fi books( a series) you should read, but I absolutely can't remember the titles (Terry Brooks maybe? but not anything to do with Shannara), the deal with similiar thoughts.

Well, that's a cat of a different metaphysical color.  If you meditate and put enough energy into something, you can indead give it existnece on the astral plane.  Wiccans believe this is how the gods are formed and recieve power.  Since you created it, it is attached to you metaphysically.  I would call it a Metaverse.  If you take your focus away from it, it should eventually fade away.  I don't think a single person can imbue something with enough 'self' to be self sustaining.  You would have to dig deeply to find something on that topic, and I would lean more towards older Tibetian texts.

You should be able to project "into" it, and set yourself up with a nice little metaphysical study.  I recently read an article on doing just that, but I can't recall if it was Bruce or Frost that wrote it (joys of reading too much).

There is a physical limitation upon how much light a human body can sustain. Interestingly, there is no limit on how much light a human vessel can generate. When fully enlightened you must instill your light in order to maintain its wisdom.
Thing
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 20:51:32 »

The Gaffer, everyone else: where did you learn and find guides to meditate? thanks
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2004, 20:51:32 »

ralphm
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 05:00:49 »

Gaffer, you should check out some of the yogic info from yogananda or Muktananda. The blue circle could be the manisfestation of what they call the blue pearl which is the true energy of the third eye. This is not something to take lightly and could lead to a kundalini type experience. Also there were a few threads related to kundalini on this site that would have good info too.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.
Naiad780
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 02:12:06 »

Heya Gaffer,

The swirling thing sounds very familiar to me, something I've experienced all my life.  Today I woke from a lucid dream into the swirly thing (like a vortex with brilliant flashes of light).  I managed to keep it going for awhile and the sparkles formed into geometric patterns.  That was the first time that ever happened.

It may be what Robert Bruce describes as the Strobe Effect.  It's in his book Astral Dynamics.  After reading the section on that, I realized that my experience fit his description.  Pick up a copy and see if it sounds familiar to you.  It is supposedy a good indicator of clarivoyant potential, and if you can manage to raise a large amount of energy over a couple of hours, you may be able to see visions when this strobe effect occurs.

Anyway, just my two cents.
The Gaffer
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2004, 17:26:50 »

Greetings all

I am writing this post in the hope that someone can clarify for me just exactly how a third eye manifests itself. I started meditating about 8 months ago partly to reduce stress and found it extremely useful for focusing my thinking. In fact I found it so useful that I started meditating for hours on axioms regarding the Universe, particulaly axioms of belief and the imagination.

Gradually I began also to focus on the swirling patterns I saw when I shut my eyes. I became so intrigued by these that I then started meditating blindfolded in order to percieve them more clearly. However around the turn of the New Year as I focused more and more on these patterns and the axioms I investigated became more and more complex these patterns began to form into a fixed shape. The best way I can describe the shape is if you were to draw a white circle on a black background and then put a single dot in the centre. Inside the area of the circle are other white dots that rotate around the centre in a swirl. Whenever I now shut my eyes and the light is low I now see this image.

Three days after it formed however I had my first rather odd experience. Coming home from a day at work I simply shut my eyes and went staight into a lucid dream involving flying over the tops of houses. The dream did not last long because it was something of a shock at the time. As I began to meditate more and more shapes and images of people seemed to move around inside this circle. At first these were vague but then on one particular day I not only saw images that were as clear as if my eyes were open and were in colour. One image which for some reason seemed to be the page of a comic book was so clear that I could almost read the writing on the page. I often see ghostly images of faces now when in a trance and also flashes of text writing.

Since then I have not experienced images as clear as that but now something different is happening. The dot in the centre has started flashing different colours. Sometimes it flashes as a tiny blue dot, other times as a tiny red dot. Other times the circumference of the outer circle glows a bright red. When I am sometimes going about my buisnes during the say I occassionally see this tiny flash of blue or red light normally when I look at people.

To further complicate the matter sometime when I am in deep meditation i now get extremely bright flashes of light usually followed by patterns involving squares. The first one of these was a fixed pattern of concentric squares that originated from the centre whilst the latest and most extreme was of an entire black and white chess board pattern that was so intense it forced me out of my trance.

As something of a newbie to these matters I was wondering if this is normal and if third eyes (if thats what it is that I see) normally manifest themselves in the form of a circle with a glowing centre  with dots swirling around them.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: