The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 13, 2018, 07:06:13

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost, but not close enough :(  (Read 1151 times)
Plater
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2010, 00:16:00 »

I'm getting a little bit frustrated...

I know there is no time stamp on OBE and its something which sometimes takes years to achieve but I seem to be stuck on the same spot no matter how much I practise. Vibrations, eye twitching, tunnels of black and almost every other thing people have reported feeling before exiting their body but nothing for me. Its like someone locked me inside this body and doesn't want me to go out  huh

Just wanted to express my frustration  tongue
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:01:53 »

I'm getting a little bit frustrated...

I know there is no time stamp on OBE and its something which sometimes takes years to achieve but I seem to be stuck on the same spot no matter how much I practise. Vibrations, eye twitching, tunnels of black and almost every other thing people have reported feeling before exiting their body but nothing for me. Its like someone locked me inside this body and doesn't want me to go out  huh

Just wanted to express my frustration  tongue
Tell us about what you generally do.
We'll see if we can help pin point something.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2010, 02:01:53 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2010, 13:33:04 »

we don't need to hear the technique, you're trying to hard.  when you get to these sensations that seem to be common you're allowing yourself to become too alert, too awake. 

my best advice is to try something new and do your best to ignore anything you might consider a "signpost" of progress on the way to conscious ext.  when you pay attention to these "signpost sensations" you are breaking your entranced state and returning awareness to your body.  most of the sensations will go away if you practice ignoring them enough, though the vibrations might stick around.  you can use the vibrations to assist you in the exit, but otherwise they should be ignored as well.  (for example, when vibrations hit i increase their frequency to rise from the body)

maybe you should try more classic OBE exit techniques because many of them help get you in a deeper trance state (theta waves) which may help you ignore some of those sensations better.  you could try phasing, but phasing in itself isn't an OBE, though it can lead you to achieving an OBE.  many members of the pulse seem to like the phasing techniques because they experience less in the way of physical sensations.  might be a good option for you if, as i said, the sensations are too much of a distraction.

be awesome.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: