The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 22, 2019, 10:01:22

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Astral Consciousness and Zen  (Read 2092 times)
Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2003, 16:32:46 »

Phasing is a word which sums up a particular process of shifting your focus of attention from the physical realm to the Astral (or whatever other non-physical realm). As such, Phasing is not some kind of end in itself.

Yours,
Frank

Person
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 18:09:10 »

I don't know much about Zen, but I assume it is the same state as the Bhuddist nirvana, same as the 5th or so plane of existance?
You don't lose your sense of self in the astral, no matter how you got there.  It's more like a slightly higher state of mind, and a new environment.  The Bhuddist plane however, which can be reached by meditation or OBE, is higher than the astral.  There, you do lose your sense of self.  You don't be come nothing though, you become everyone.  I've only been there twice through meditation.  I saw it as a white void, it felt like the I was on the most comfortable fabric imaginable, and I started to feel like "I" was merged with many others.  It felt very healing as well.  
The technique (gotten from a tv show!) is while in meditation/trance state, instead of looking outward or trying to project or find god, look within, and try to find your "inner self," and it should just happen.  
Maybe the philosophy means the ego "I" along with its illusionary world becomes nothing?
However, with my one experience of phasing, I was just waking up and really sank into the realization that this world is an illusion.  And suddenly I was in the astral...

-Person
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 18:09:10 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Nick
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2003, 12:29:36 »

Zen for me has been a form of meditation, and hopefully, clear thinking. I am speaking as someone who attended the nearby Zen Center for a number of years. With respect to the religiousity or philosophical, I think that the Eastern approach is good for some, but not for me.

With astral phasing, as Frank points out, you shift your focus of attention from the physical to the nonphysical realms. This provides an excellent opportunity for spiritual growth and knowledge of the nonphysical. The beauty is, you are experiencing it firsthand.

Take a look at some of the topics with a "sticky" listed in the astral consciousness forum here. There are a lot of good posts by Frank and others on phasing.

Very best,

"What lies before us, and what lies behind us, are tiny matters compared to what lies within us...." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
beav31is
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2003, 15:47:56 »

"A lot of this philosophy is about realizing that you are Nothing, no person, no physical form, etc, and that the whole world is a big dream that doesn't exist"

Thats true, except the part about not existing. Obviously we exist in some form or we wouldnt be talking about it.
bomohwkl
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 16:32:19 »

TheJza,said
"A lot of this philosophy is about realizing that you are Nothing, no person, no physical form, etc, and that the whole world is a big dream that doesn't exist (I am summing this up and generalizing, but I think this is the big picture)."

It is quite untrue but I think i could use an educated guess why some Zen master has this kind of statement. The statement is just the 'feeling' you get when you are in deep meditation. When one's truely meditate, one blanks one's mind dropping into ocean of transquality and disolve into nothingness. However, you feel great after the meditation as if u have a fresh shower. Meditation is a form of mental 'rest' and 'showering' and to a less extent a physical relaxation as you need to relax your body before one really go into deep meditation. Meditation sharpens our thinking ability. Mediatation alone cannot bring forth enlightenment. This is one of the several spiritual confusion. Buddha didnt come out the ways to eliminate suffering just by meditation. Buddha observed the natural environment,analysed and meditated and suddenly he realised the solution after much studying self and other external environment.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2003, 16:32:19 »

TheJza
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 01:41:21 »

Thanks for the replies. I think Robert Bruce's article here: http://www.astralpulse.com/articles/robert/articles_15.htm
kind of sums up what I was asking/thinking about.
What I gather is that "enlightenment" is the ability to focus directly on that "eternal now" in the picture from the article, while phasing is kinda somewhere between between the physical dimension and "eternal now."
This would make sense, and it seems it would be easier to get there from the astral plane. I think this is the "Aperature" that Monroe talks about and, if I remember correctly, in Bruce Moen's latest book (I forget the title) he actually talks about going through the "Aperature" and losing his sense of self/individual identity (or becoming One with evertyhing).
TheJza
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2003, 22:47:24 »

I have been wondering about this for a while, and I finally decided to post the question here.
I have been going to a Zen place for a while and have been reading about Zen and other Eastern philosophies for years. My main focus now is Zen and Advaita Vedanta(Hindu non-Dualism a la Ramana Maharshi).
Anyways, here are my questions:
A lot of this philosophy is about realizing that you are Nothing, no person, no physical form, etc, and that the whole world is a big dream that doesn't exist (I am summing this up and generalizing, but I think this is the big picture). I wonder how this fits into phasing. It would seem to me that phasing just perpetuates this false sense of self (or, in the case of seeing your precious lives, sense of "selves"). It seems that the supreme state in this tradition is "something" that is void of everything, even consciousness that it exists. This is sometimes likened to the state of deep sleep, where your sense of self and the world aren't there. I don;t really like this analogy, because it would seem that you arent even aware of being aware - which seems like a kind of extinction of existence.
So, is phasing a more beginner experience of spirituality? I remember when I was at TMI for the Gateway Voyage the trainers told me that Focus 15 was the Buddhist "Void" (as told to them by some Buddhists that attended a Voyage). This would seem to me that the Void-ness is more of a beginner thing.
I also remember Robert Bruce wrote somewhere that having OBE's won't bring you to Enlightenment, but that consciousness raising meditation would. Is phasing something like this consciousness raising meditation?

Thanks for your time,
TheJza
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: