The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. January 29, 2020, 01:24:39

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please help this newbie to oobe...  (Read 2547 times)
Nay
« on: November 17, 2003, 20:52:50 »

Hi bink!

Welcome to the forums.  It sounds like you have the tools but perhaps you are just trying to use too many of them at a time.  

And the more frustrated you get, I'm afraid will make it more out of reach.  When I go thru "dry" spells, I just stop worrying about completely.  Next thing I know the dry time is over!!

Take a break from trying it for a couple of days, then come back to it, try only a couple of techniques.  Try those for a few days, and if no luck, try a different tech, try that for a few days..so on and so forth.

Hope this helps and I am sure more people will come along and give wonderful advise.  

Good-luck! [Cheesy]

Nay [Wink]
Dimensioner
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 21:02:18 »

Hello Bink, and everyone else![Cheesy]

I'm also new to OBE and looking for help. But my situation is a bit different. These strange dreams have started happenening over last few months and getting more frequent... They begin with me becoming conscious of some unknown force pulling at me, along with a loud highpitched buzzing sound I hear. I feel my self drifting from my body, and get SO scared.... then wake up. The fear just seems too much to overcome. Can anyone else relate to this?? - or should I see my doctor!!! [Wink]
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 21:02:18 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

APGuy
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 21:11:23 »

Well I haven't OOBEd yet but get the vibrations on pretty much every attempt since I got them the first time.  I first use the self hypnosis techniques I know to get in deep relaxation where the body is heavy.  I then imagine myself in a wonderful forest where I'm lying in a small stream near a waterfall, tied to the sides by myself so that I don't have to worry about the current pulling me.  I then pay attention to the feeling of the water and the noise the waterfall makes.  Mind you it's a shallow stream so that one could here the falls.  After a while I feel like you've expanded to be about two times your regular size then I get a small level of vibrations where I feel kind of like whatever part of my body is some water crashing into the bottom of those falls[Tongue].  I only got strong vibrations once last week and since then I've used that technique to consistently get weak vibrations.  However recently I get bored, give up, and go to sleep.  Oh and don't be successful before me or else.
[}:)]<- Me
[B)]<- You
[Tongue]
Jeff_Mash
Astral Energy 5

jeff@myjokemail.com MagicJeffMash spicyjem
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 01:29:55 »

quote:
Originally posted by bink
I get deeply relaxed to the point of sometimes dropping off to sleep and coming back, but I feel like there's some piece missing. I don't know where to "look" for the vibrations--it's like I'm searching for something to happen but I don't know what or where.

If I may make a suggestion, I don't believe people should be looking for the vibrations.  You don't need to look for them like one looking for car keys.  When people feel the vibrations, they usually become AWARE of them.  Much like you don't seek to be hungry during the day.  You just become aware that there is hunger there.

Simply looking for vibrations only draws more focus to your physical body and it keeps your mind waiting for something that seemingly never comes.  Then, you end up getting down on yourself, thinking that your attempts to project are failing.  Meanwhile, you may be right on the border of having an OBE, but your focus on the vibrations are keeping you back.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.MJMMagic.com
bink
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 01:50:40 »

Fair enough. I'll give it a break for a little while, try to back off a little.

I'm still wondering, though: what DO you do with your brain? What do you think about to avoid thinking about anything?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2003, 01:50:40 »

Jeff_Mash
Astral Energy 5

jeff@myjokemail.com MagicJeffMash spicyjem
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2003, 14:10:21 »

quote:
Originally posted by bink

Fair enough. I'll give it a break for a little while, try to back off a little.

I'm still wondering, though: what DO you do with your brain? What do you think about to avoid thinking about anything?

I think this is a common misconception.  When I OBE, I don't clear my mind of EVERYTHING.  I don't get in this zone where there are no thoughts present.  Shoot, that would make you almost zombie-like.

The key is to know what to focus on, and when.  For example, it's OK to focus on your physical body when you first lay down.  Why?  Because you need to focus on it to relax it.

Then, you slowly remove your focus from your body and work on your mind.  If you're still buzzing around with thoughts about your day (work, school, family, etc), try and release those thoughts.  Think about non-physical things....things which don't tie you to this present day reality.  Think about the energetic sensations that are flowing through you.  Focus on any hypnogogic imagery that you see behind your closed eyelids.  Listen for any astral sounds or the still, quite voice in your head.

Those are the thoughts which you should concern yourself with.  Trying to keep your mind free of all thought is not only damn near impossible, but it'll only keep you in a zombie-like awake state.

The only way for you to drop off into a deeper state of consciousness is to let go a little and let your mind do what comes naturally.

Keep smiling,

Jeff Mash
http://www.MJMMagic.com
izzy-in
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 22:45:14 »

I have had the vibrations 3 times, the last time I got past them and woke passing through the metal framework of the static caravan I was staying in..Then woke-up (bugger).
That night I was kept on the edge of sleep by the wind shaking the van..
the first 2 times I was woken up after going to sleep, then back to bed, felt the vibrations - first time scared me, after they had gone I realised what they were - second time the word "YES" flashed through my mind as I realised what was happening and then they went !!
No control - 1 year between the first and second, 8 years between the second and third. I want the fourth badly and not wanting to wait another 8 years (donít recommend depriving your self of sleep! But?).
bink
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 20:40:31 »

I've been working at this for months now and still haven't ever gotten to the vibrations stage. I've read all the books on the subject I can get my hands on. I've lurked around here and other forums like this one. I've wiggled my brain with sounds from Monroe, Buhlman, Spotts, Centerpointe, and the Abyss mp3 from this forum, and some of them, at least, seem to definitely take me to another place.

I get deeply relaxed to the point of sometimes dropping off to sleep and coming back, but I feel like there's some piece missing. I don't know where to "look" for the vibrations--it's like I'm searching for something to happen but I don't know what or where. And I have the impression that I shouldn't be trying so hard, but I'm not sure where to relax my focus.

I usually try to focus my attention on the noise inside my head, and my third eye area, as suggested by Birm. Or I try to just watch the blackness and patterns in front of my eyes. Or I try to imagine reaching out 6 feet over my head with sort of an imaginary antenna- but this is inside a wall so I have a tough time making that mental leap!

Can someone who learned from scratch please give me an idea of what to do here? I know I can do this if I can just do it once. I know that the hemi-sync, etc. sounds are training wheels, and I don't intend to rely on them...I just want to at least get to the vibration state once to know what it feels like to be there.

Thanks.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: