The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2018, 23:00:06

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Breath awareness  (Read 2822 times)
fredhedd
Astral Energy 4

fredheddd
View Profile Email
« on: November 03, 2002, 00:12:01 »

honestly the few times that i've been out have been so short and unexpected that i wasn't aware of my breathing.  a few lucid dreams that i've had though have shown me that any thought at all about my physical takes me right back to it.  how do you know you are breathing w/out the feeling of it?  what motion are you making that u can't see your chest moving in and out?

it's possible to train your body to breath how you breath when you meditate or slower at least then normally.  just keep doing it during the day and pretty soon you'll be dong it when you'r not thinking about it, or so i've read.

social
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2002, 00:31:06 »

quote:
Originally posted by fredhedd:
 how do you know you are breathing w/out the feeling of it?  what motion are you making that u can't see your chest moving in and out?

Its really hard to explain. My physical is breathing normally, and in my astral I just can't give up breathing. Imagine the feeling of breathing, the steady in and out, but with absolutly no air, but not feeling a need for air. These types of things seem almost impossible to put into words.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2002, 00:31:06 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Donna
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2002, 02:06:12 »

Hi Social,
I can see where this might trip you up. When I begin my meditation for phasing my concentration is on my breathing. Then slowly my attention is drawn away from the physical body into the visual holographics before projection. If I think "back" to the point of keeping my breathing steady, then I am drawn back to the physical. Instead I think "forward" in anticipation of reaching my written or spoken intent, leaving all thought of the physical body behind. I honestly do not know if I breath when I am out of body, as I am too busy to notice that. Though please note that I have a normal body in the realms, though I like to play dress-up a little (wear my hair up, and a long white dress and crystal bracelets and headband).
Donna

Tracy
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 02:09:42 »

Try not to think of the breathing after you use the relaxation technique, just let this feeling go.  It is important in phasing to focus inward, in your mind not on the physical body. When you focus inward ,see  yourself getting closer and closer to sleep and observe  the changes that occur as  the brain waves change.  There is no need to worry about your breathing your body will do it for you. After all, when you go to sleep your body takes over the breathing; it is automatic.

Best wishes,

Tracy

social
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2002, 17:08:11 »

Thanks very much for the responses guys. I know I don't have to worry about breathing, in fact the opposite. I just can't seem to let it go without returning my awareness to the physical. I guess its just one of those things that takes practice.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2002, 17:08:11 »

kmd242
Astral Energy 1

145456140 kellym242 kmd242
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 15:43:34 »

I make it the first thing to get into my meditations, that way it can be the first thing i accomplish and move past.

social
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2002, 23:58:58 »

When you project do you forget your body is breathing? Its the only aspect of the physical I can't seem to forget. I'll be meditating, and trying to project and there comes a point where I'm breathing, but with out the feeling of it. I mean I'm making the motion, but no air is going in or out, and my chest isn't rising. I'm asuming that this means I'm no longer 100% in hte physical. But when I stop concentrating on my "astral" breathing I'm right back in physical.

I'm trying to forget about breathing with phasing, sort of, Just using my imagination vividly, like most of the day, your attention is elsewhere so your not consciously aware that your breathing. Its a bit hard tho because I use my breathing as my preferred relaxtion technique.

comments and/or advice?

Thanks in advance.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: