The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. June 18, 2019, 04:54:53

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Conscious Walking  (Read 1694 times)
Tom
« on: February 19, 2003, 12:26:47 »

The idea, if you refer to physical walking as a form of meditation, is to see it as a set of processes. Most people, if they slow down their walking drastically and really pay attention to it, will find that they have difficulty in not falling over. Attention is placed on the different steps. Lifting the foot, moving it, and setting it down. Speeding up the steps, this can be shortened to left, right, left, right. Slowing it down, the different parts of the feet can get attention as they lift from the floor and go back down. A path long enough to take several steps in one direction and back again is needed. At some point it will begin to affect regular walking used to go from place to place. Walking meditation is good to alternate with periods of seated meditation. The seated meditation increases concentration while the walking meditation counters and growing dullness of mind.
jilola
Astral Energy 5

143173721 jilola
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 13:22:25 »

For a load of web references search for the word KINHIN.
This is the Zen walking meditation technique.

2cents & L&L
jouni
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 13:22:25 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

clandestino
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 14:07:35 »

Tried it once - Felt a bit silly though.

Have a look at Paulo Coelho's book "the pilgrimage", which details the exercise you're talking about, and others. I'm sure I've harped on about this book before, but it is a good read if nothing else.

I'll Name You The Flame That Cries
--ViciouS--
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 07:42:32 »

Does ANYBODY know ANYTHING about conscious walking?Huh!?!?  I know it is basically 'active' meditation.  But does anyone know how to do it, what it's like, their experience(s) with it, etc.Huh  It's a meditation technique im trying to 'get'.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: