The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 06, 2021, 23:55:35

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dear Mr.Bedeekin  (Read 5431 times)
Ellis91
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2013, 22:16:33 »

Hey  grin
I've been re-reading the 'Bedeekins method' post over on Xanths site for a couple of weeks and despite past success I've decided to not Method-hop until I get this one down. I have a couple of questions if that's cool:

1. You mention sleeping in the evening, sadly I can't fit a nap into my day until 1.30am onwards how good would you say the following set up is for getting in that 'groggy state' that's perfect for sp induction: Sleep at 3.30 till 4.30am--awake for 30min--lay down to induce at 5 (I find it easy to practice SP when its day light, keeps the creepy demon folk away  wink )

2. Would it be unwise for one to hit up some Skyrim during the post nap wake up? On the one hand I've heard staring at a monitor hampers LD/AP chances during WBTB and on the other hand I feel so crappy when I wake up after 1 hour of sleep that reading or meditation seem like a bit of bummer  :/

3. Are there any specific mental practices I could take up in the day time in relation to this method that might increase my chances?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 22:18:35 by Ellis91 » Logged

The Astral Pulse Astral Police Cop Department. (APAPCD)
Keeping you safe from old hags with pillows since 2011
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 22:36:14 »

1) The only golden rule is that you have been awake all day when you take the nap and that you are tired. Book reading is great for pre-nap exercise because it tires the eyes and it's easy to nod off.

Your idea should be fine.

2) HAHA... hit up some Skyrim...  cheesy

Do what you want. just don't drink any alcohol or get whacked up on caffeine.

3) Not really.

The method I give is purely a way of replicating how I did it when I started. I used to come home from school... nap in the evening around 7/9pm... induce later.. wake up next morning go to school.. come home from school... nap in the evening around 7/9pm... induce later... and so on.

Think on the fact that I didn't want SP when it started.. so I didn't actually induce it.. it happened because I was expecting it.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 22:36:14 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Astralzombie
Astral Energy 5

Nothing is all bad and A through Z beats IAB.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 01:57:50 »

1) The only golden rule is that you have been awake all day when you take the nap and that you are tired. Book reading is great for pre-nap exercise because it tires the eyes and it's easy to nod off.

I would also add that while we are reading, we are exercising our NP muscles as we imagine the scenarios and context.

I am an avid reader and reading before bedtime has been a habit of mine since I was a wee lad. I did not start having OOBE until I was 19 but I succeeded rather quickly in comparison to some. Coincidence?Huh

Yeah, probably. grin                                                   wink

edit: Just be aware of nodding off. Beedeekin is referring to the pre-nap and I am speaking of the pre-phase. So please don't let my advice confuse you.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 02:02:01 by Astralzombie » Logged

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
Mark Twain
Ellis91
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 22:24:25 »

Wicked, thanks for the replies guys (including chopstickfox, who's post disappeared  tongue )
It helps to get everything straight before spending weeks/months on a method.

The night after I wrote this the vibrations hit me about 8 minutes in. Had a confusing 5 second OBE before clicking out.
It's good progress though so far and I've got high hopes for the next week or so.

grin

Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 22:37:07 »

High hopes are good. Expectations are not. They are driven by your inherent ego and usually get in the way by creating a suppressive emotional condition.
Or in english, hope next week is good, if not maybe the week after.
The ego version is, if it doesn't do what I want then stuff it, the awkward impossible bsssssd.

See the difference?
Calm mind with no expectations pays dividends.
 grin

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 22:37:07 »

Ellis91
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 23:52:48 »

High hopes are good. Expectations are not.

Calm mind with no expectations pays dividends.

The years of trying have beaten down my expectations some-what tbh  cheesy.
But nonetheless very wise words. I'll remember them

I'll finish by randomly dropping a very awesome song entitled, 'High Hope'     smiley

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2gJ8uNtk4A

Bulletinte
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 07:28:17 »

Hey  grin
I've been re-reading the 'Bedeekins method' post over on Xanths site for a couple of weeks

Where's this?
Ellis91
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 00:19:17 »

Here ya go:
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/09/09/bedeekins-method/

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: