The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 15, 2017, 00:39:47

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Idea for Inducing Lucid Dreams  (Read 1111 times)
Aaron330
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« on: November 05, 2014, 05:48:21 »

Not sure if anyone has tried this already, or something similar, but I came up with an idea while editing a night-time projection alarm I'm working on. What if you went to sleep with earbuds in, and made a track that would repeat every 30 minutes or so throughout the night, softly enough to where you wouldn't wake up from it, but it would be going in your subconscious. You could make it say "I realize I am dreaming" or "this is a dream" or whatever. It would repeat softly twice an hour in your ears so that it would hopefully catch you while actually in a dream, or at the very least sort of gear your subconscious up to become lucid.

Does anyone think this could work?

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 13:15:59 »

Sure.  There are probably lots of apps or whatever our there that allow you to do that already.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2014, 13:15:59 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 18:41:41 »

I think I've used these kinds of things before and I slept right through them.  I would just wake up if I rolled over so that the earbud was uncomfortable against my face.

Another thing you can do is constantly ask yourself throughout the day if you're dreaming, but you can't go through the motions with this either.  You have to actually, in a very paranoid way, question whether or not what you are experiencing right now is a dream.  Do it every time you remember throughout the day.  If you think you're doing it too much, then you're probably doing it enough.  This worked wonderfully for me but I've since stopped doing it so it doesn't work for me anymore obviously.

Once I was in a dream where a school bus ran into a hole and tipped over sideways onto the road.  I saw this happen and thought, "Woah, that's not something you see every day.  Wait -- AM I DREAMING?"  And I "thought" about it.  And concluded, "Nah, I'm not dreaming this time."  Then I woke up a few minutes later and of course I had been dreaming.  So then I was sure to more seriously consider the question every time I asked myself.  Tongue

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?
Aaron330
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 05:23:20 »

I think I've used these kinds of things before and I slept right through them.  I would just wake up if I rolled over so that the earbud was uncomfortable against my face.

Another thing you can do is constantly ask yourself throughout the day if you're dreaming, but you can't go through the motions with this either.  You have to actually, in a very paranoid way, question whether or not what you are experiencing right now is a dream.  Do it every time you remember throughout the day.  If you think you're doing it too much, then you're probably doing it enough.  This worked wonderfully for me but I've since stopped doing it so it doesn't work for me anymore obviously.

Once I was in a dream where a school bus ran into a hole and tipped over sideways onto the road.  I saw this happen and thought, "Woah, that's not something you see every day.  Wait -- AM I DREAMING?"  And I "thought" about it.  And concluded, "Nah, I'm not dreaming this time."  Then I woke up a few minutes later and of course I had been dreaming.  So then I was sure to more seriously consider the question every time I asked myself.  Tongue

I was actually going to ask about that. Because since I've been trying to induce lucid dreams, I find myself having these dreams that are ALWAYS set up to make me question if I'm dreaming. Almost overboard. It's as if my subconscious is creating these dreams for me to become lucid with, but I keep failing. The other night I had a dream that all the objects in the room started floating and just hovered there. I started pacing the room asking out loud "why would this be happening? Why are all these objects floating? This isn't normal, it doesn't make sense!" and my wife came in and asked me why everything was floating. I eventually had a lighbulb go on in my brain and I replied, "I know why they are floating! Because of Aliens! This must be some sort of trick that Aliens are playing on us right now"

Epic fail

It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep; because my dreams are bursting at the seams.
Dreamshards
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 07:34:51 »

I agree that the earphone are uncomfortable for me as well. I can hardly get relaxed and give up. I believe affirmations are a useful tool to lucid dreaming or AP but audio doesn't usually work for me.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 07:34:51 »

no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 06:10:25 »

I eventually had a lighbulb go on in my brain and I replied, "I know why they are floating! Because of Aliens! This must be some sort of trick that Aliens are playing on us right now"

lmao...

That may not have been such an unreasonable guess, if you'd ruled out the possibility of dreaming first.  Wink

Either that or the instant ascension of humanity that lots of people talk about finally occurred and you or your wife gained instant telekinetic abilities.  Tongue

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: