The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 21, 2017, 15:11:07

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Magic mushrooms and astral projection  (Read 3554 times)
Astral_seeker
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2014, 19:10:26 »

I'm not into shrooms at all. I'm not into drugs at all. Never took any.

A friend suggest we go to Amsterdam for a week end. He is into AP as well.

He says that magic mushrooms can lead to some deep and intense astral projections and can help projecting.

I'm not that sure about doing it. On the other hand I tell myself that maybe the use of them once will "unlock for good" all the resistances in my mind which prevent me from projecting.

Any advice ? Thanks !
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 19:48:14 »

Ok just to clear up policy here, with this stuff we cannot advise on use, safety of use, or anything related to the actually substance itself. Mostly legal reasons. The safety information I am providing is for your benefit, but is not advice in how to procede.

What we can discuss is the nature of the substances themselves, and the experiences behind them. So to that end-

When a person engages in that activity, the first risk they encounter is sourcing. Mushrooms are notoriously difficult to identify. Even a trained mycologist (mushroom expert) cannot identify them by sight, and requires genetic or chemical testing to ascertain what the sample is.

The mushrooms sought for their psychoactive properties are literally identical to others which are deadly toxic. The mushrooms are thus as safe as their source. If this is something you engage in, you must be sure that the person who sourced them grew them.

Usually the active ingredient in those mushrooms is psilocybin. It is a hallucinogen fairly well studied, and believed to have minimal lasting effects, but this is not known for certainty. The sorts of experiences it tends to produce are erratic, intense affairs that can be both elating and horrifying to the user. For this reason it is unsafe to use without several sober attendents.

It is like a projection in the sense of being a non-physical experience, but it is unlike a standard projection in terms of being radically uncontrolled. I can understand what motivates a person to engage here, but it isn't the most balanced way to approach this art. If you participate, you will be provided with a very different experience that may inform your life in some way, but will not likely aid you in conscious projections. They are too different.

Be safe, and try to keep the discussion experience and theory-related. Unfortunately we cannot really discuss use.

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 19:48:14 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Astral_seeker
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 19:54:28 »

Ok just to clear up policy here, with this stuff we cannot advise on use, safety of use, or anything related to the actually substance itself. Mostly legal reasons. The safety information I am providing is for your benefit, but is not advice in how to procede.

What we can discuss is the nature of the substances themselves, and the experiences behind them. So to that end-

When a person engages in that activity, the first risk they encounter is sourcing. Mushrooms are notoriously difficult to identify. Even a trained mycologist (mushroom expert) cannot identify them by sight, and requires genetic or chemical testing to ascertain what the sample is.

The mushrooms sought for their psychoactive properties are literally identical to others which are deadly toxic. The mushrooms are thus as safe as their source. If this is something you engage in, you must be sure that the person who sourced them grew them.

Usually the active ingredient in those mushrooms is psilocybin. It is a hallucinogen fairly well studied, and believed to have minimal lasting effects, but this is not known for certainty. The sorts of experiences it tends to produce are erratic, intense affairs that can be both elating and horrifying to the user. For this reason it is unsafe to use without several sober attendents.

It is like a projection in the sense of being a non-physical experience, but it is unlike a standard projection in terms of being radically uncontrolled. I can understand what motivates a person to engage here, but it isn't the most balanced way to approach this art. If you participate, you will be provided with a very different experience that may inform your life in some way, but will not likely aid you in conscious projections. They are too different.

Be safe, and try to keep the discussion experience and theory-related. Unfortunately we cannot really discuss use.

Thanks I totally understand your policy point.

Controling the quality of the substance might be an issue indeed and as I told I'm not into drugs at all. Only time I tried cannabis - 20 years ago - I just took 1 hit JUST ONE and was ill the entire night, puking and thinking I would die lol

So well, seems like I'm gonna pass.

Thanks for your insights
no_leaf_clover
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 19:34:58 »

If you're talking about going to Amsterdam just for a weekend then I take it that you live in Europe.  In Amsterdam these things are legal to sell and I'm sure the government requires some measure of quality control.  They're sold in coffee shops in some kind of cake form, "spacecakes" or something like that.

What you're suggesting may be possible but it would also be very easy to be distracted.  Anyway even if you don't achieve AP the experience itself may be worth something.

What is the sound of no leaves cloving?
dotster
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:17:20 »

I think the best way I've heard it put concerning shrooms is that you are not in the "driver's seat" so to speak. It's more like being dragged along for the ride; you are in the passenger's seat. I suppose it's a bit like being blindfolded and put on a rollercoaster rather than consenting to go on a rollercoaster of your own accord. It's not to say that you won't learn from the experience to overcome your fear of getting on a rollercoaster, you might have a blast, but it can also be shocking to the point that perhaps you won't ever want to get on a rollercoaster ever again. We're talking about deeply personal experiences though, so it's hard to generalize how you will react compared to others. I wouldn't recommend it unless you are willing to have someone blindfold you and put you through a completely unnerving, unrelenting, bizarre experience. Much like a rollercoaster, you can't decide to get off half way through. Just something to keep in mind before you decide.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 08:17:20 »

Astral_seeker
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 09:28:42 »

I decided to go in South America instead in 1 month to have some Ayahusca ceremonies with a shaman.

Thanks for your advices guys.

dotster
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 20:08:36 »

I decided to go in South America instead in 1 month to have some Ayahusca ceremonies with a shaman.

Thanks for your advices guys.

Let us know how that goes for you Smiley And have a safe trip! (look at me and my fancy double entendre Wink haha )

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. Perhaps some day you'll join us, and the world will live as one.
Astral_seeker
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2014, 17:30:57 »

Let us know how that goes for you Smiley And have a safe trip! (look at me and my fancy double entendre Wink haha )

Hey thanks buddy !

I will be flying from 3th of january for a full month and will have 14 Ayahuasca ceremonies ! I'm so scared but so excited as well. Ayahuasca can heal and teach in so many ways about so many things (including astral travels).

Can't wait !
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: