The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 20, 2017, 06:04:22

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Not sure what's happening  (Read 775 times)
Novice
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2003, 13:49:47 »

I'm very new to this whole thing and have a few questions I hope you all can help me to answer. I've had a few experiences, increasing in frequency and I'm not sure what they are. Also, if I'm posting in the wrong section, I apologize now for that.

I just started trying lucid dreaming about a month ago. I got very excited that I was able to do it the first night. I now have LD's about 1-2 times a week. But after describing many of my LD experiences on another dream site, it was suggested that what I'm doing isn't LD, but astral travel/projecting.

Now, I hadn't even heard of that before. I've done some reading since then, but I'm not real clear of the difference between LD and the astral plane. This morning I found this site and was reading the article on Astral Techniques. I hadn't knowingly been trying to do this. However, what I do find myself doing habitually when I'm lucid, sounds similar to what is being described in the beginning techniques.

Floating, levitating and flying I have found to be very easy for me to do. But if I want to go really fast, I'll close my eyes and do this thing that I'm not sure how to describe. I do it in waking as well to calm myself down. I basically 'withdraw' or 'sink' into myself or surrender or let go. I'm not sure I'm making sense. My eyes are only closed for a moment. But anyways, after I do that, I'll open my eyes and be somewhere else or be flying/zooming really fast through deep space. I was of the impression that these were all LDs.

What I read this morning that literally made my stomach sink, however, was the section on the future wind. Two night ago, I had this very long, detailed, vivid dream. But in the one section, I'm floating on my back in outerspace. (This is the first time I've floated on my back - I'm usually flying/floating in a standing position or on my stomach). But while I was doing this, I felt this very strong wind come up against me. I was going into it head first. I felt like I was being gently jostled/tossed around. Almost like turbulance on an airplane or fighting the current in the ocean. I tried to stay focused, but I felt it getting stronger. So ultimately I simply surrendered to it. I remember everything after that very clearly, but before I post it, I wanted to get your thoughts on these experiences.

I thought I had read somewhere in the article that it isn't possible to 'accidentaly' project or do it without intent or knowing. And I haven't been knowingly trying to do it, but rather doing what felt natural at the time. And I only remember a seeing a ghost-like body that I understood to be me twice. The rest of the times, I'm in these places but I don't see my body. Am I in the right place and have any of you experienced similar things???

Reality is what you perceive it to be.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: