The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 21, 2019, 06:04:29

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silent Mind  (Read 7706 times)
NoY
« on: June 15, 2011, 17:29:37 »

before you think a thing you feel it, just like you know what your going to type before you do it. a tiny pinprick of emotion contains all the information first, and then your mind says it aloud to yourself, if you learn to just read the emotional pin pricks your mind is silent

:NoY:
Kestrel
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:01:39 »

That makes sense,thanks
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:01:39 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Contenteo
Astral Energy 4

Sustainability Accountant

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 08:52:39 »

The more you project, the better you get.

The amount of slight ESP that has occured in my life has increased dramatically since I have begun my journey.

Cheers,
Contenteo
Ident
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 00:24:30 »

With practice, you'll also think faster.
Lionheart
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 02:24:00 »

I find that counting from 1-300 quiets my thoughts. Alot of times I don't quite make it to 300 before I'm off to the Astral. I used to have the bad habit of narrating everything, that leads to many more thoughts. Counting has taken up all the words now.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 02:24:00 »

Astir
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 04:10:45 »

I understand what you are saying...but for some reason at this moment it makes me wish I thought like a normal person.  I only understand this as it applies to others.  My mind is always silent, it doesn't speak, it just shows me pictures constantly.  It filters out emotions almost entirely and reverts to instinct and logic.  I'm on autopilot for the most part...I cannot even romanticize about the consciousness others must experience.  There isn't a need for silence, I think I need curtains...

That being said, I can understand why some people believe I am mildly autistic. 
Boom
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 19:17:41 »

The more you project, the better you get.

The amount of slight ESP that has occured in my life has increased dramatically since I have begun my journey.

Cheers,
Contenteo

I wish this was true. The first projection I ever had, in terms of clarity, control, and memory was my best by far. Since then i've only had what I would call, Crappy ones Smiley
Contenteo
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 16:49:39 »

sad

That sux.

Well I have been practicing every night for a number of months now. Thinking about people, and then they call has gone through the roof, it happens like 3 times a week now. Other strange phenomenon, like people finishing my thoughts has risen drastically too.

Romantically put, it comes like NoY describes, tiny emotional inclinations that you have to accept, trust and nurture.

In my theory, it all comes down to just be connected to the other duality of life, "the astral", "god" or whatever you wanna call the non-physical.
manwesulimo2004
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 19:52:19 »

So how do you achieve a more silent mind? I guess the answer will be: meditation. Which meditation works for you?

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 20:33:47 »

So how do you achieve a more silent mind? I guess the answer will be: meditation. Which meditation works for you?
Any.
It's not really so much a "silent mind"... as much as a "focused mind".
You can focus your mind through learning to silence it. 
You can focus your mind through a more active approach, like focusing upon a single object or scene.

In the end, it's simply all about practice... regardless of the method chosen.  Smiley

manwesulimo2004
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 22:13:03 »

It's not really so much a "silent mind"... as much as a "focused mind".

I dunno. What NoY is describing sounds much more like a silent mind to me than a focused mind. And I think they are two are very different things. But maybe I'm just misunderstanding.

Contenteo
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2011, 06:57:58 »

Were having a definition mix up here. ManWes assumed that NoY was talking about meditation. He is not.

When you are in tune with the astral, you understand that creative energy is king there. In can easily be argued that the astral is just a mass of energy, which happens to emanate creation/creative thought. When you learn to sense of "tiny pricks" of creative-emotional thoughts and listen to them, your mind doesn't need to work. Over time, one simply understands the pinpricks are connections with the singular consciousness. Then, your mind can be silent.

Since that was pretty esoteric, let me give you a palpable example. The feeling right before one of those, "Oh! I was thinking of you and was just about to call you" moments. That's the pinprick moment NyY was explaining.

Xanth was responding to ManWes's inquiry of meditating. Not NoY. He made a phenominal point that meditating is the path to phasing, and requires a "focused mind."

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Contenteo
Ident
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2011, 12:11:23 »

I read it differently. I had a period when I realised that the subvocalisation I would do to present a thought to myself was wasted time and irrelevant. By the time I am subvocalising a thought, I have already had that thought and am really doing little more than "reading" that thought out to myself. It occurred to me that I might be able to think faster if I eliminated that "talking to myself" phase and simply got on with the next thought, leaving my mind free of my own voice.

Anyway, NoY can easily tell us what he meant when he next calls in on the thread. Smiley
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2011, 14:25:45 »

I dunno. What NoY is describing sounds much more like a silent mind to me than a focused mind. And I think they are two are very different things. But maybe I'm just misunderstanding.
Actually, now that I think about it... we're just talking semantics.

"Silent"...
"Focused"...

Just personal interpretations using personally defined terms.  Smiley

Contenteo
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2011, 14:47:48 »

We have to. Astral projection is highly subjective.

How can we intelligently discuss something if we don't share a similar representationally faithful picture of what we are talking about.

Cheers,
Contenteo
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 15:10:01 »

Yup, I think it's entirely required to be able to identify the metaphors that other people use to describe their experiences.  Obviously, you can't know exactly what they mean when they say something in particular, but being able to derive a possibility is very important.

As I've been saying lately... there's no sense in creating even more of a divide in an already vastly divided community such as the one that studies "Astral Projection".  Find the commonalities and leave the differences alone for the time being.  Smiley

ayearhasgone
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 19:46:06 »

We have to. Astral projection is highly subjective.
It's subjective because we take our beliefs with us into the astral, where they take shape.  Some people have NDE's and see heaven, some people see other things.  Depends on what you believe!

I suppose it can be said that actually arriving at the astral is subjective too.  Some people "leave" their bodies, some people "phase."  But physical and astral are different sides of the same coin.  "Leavers" jump to the other side of the coin, "phasers" watch the coin spin 180.
astraladdict
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2011, 20:40:17 »

Some people have NDE's
My grandma told me she had an NDE. She told me that it was pitch black and she heard a voice tell her "it's not your time to go yet" and she woke up in the hospital. I know there's going to be people out there saying " ohh that those cheesy,she's faking" But, this is my grandma i'm talking about. She doesn't make anything up and never says something unless she means it. There's been so many times, during the course she's lived with us, where she should have died. Yet it hasn't happened. A lot has changed since she moved in with us, so a lot more is to come.

~astraladdict

My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...
mels8780
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 17:50:05 »

Hey, how do you know this ? My first guess would be the thought comes first but I can't be sure, it happens too fast.
astraladdict
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 18:19:00 »

You can feel it

~astraladdict

My smile tells lies, but my eyes tell the truth...
Contenteo
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2011, 08:34:01 »

But physical and astral are different sides of the same coin

Precisely.

The physical is akin to form.

The astral is akin to function.

Just as one can only describe a function through example or metaphor.
We can only perceive and describe the astral through "physical" senses and descriptors.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: