The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 16, 2017, 22:21:04

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Vigil Method  (Read 17976 times)
Major Tom
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2012, 01:27:59 »

The Vigil Method - just released.

http://www.explorations-in-consciousness.com/vigil_method.html

Fly away!

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:00:02 »

Very detailed!

I've glanced it over and so far am super impressed!  I'll try to give it a more detailed read soon.  I'll probably post it on my website too if you don't mind.  Smiley

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 02:00:02 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

eaglevision
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 02:03:39 »

great! thanks for sharing!
Lionheart
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 05:17:15 »

The sticky here is well deserved. You put quite a bit of work into this!  smiley
Major Tom
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:41 »

Thank you. Yes, it's been a couple of years. 

Hope it will be useful, and good luck with it!

Best wishes,

MT

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 05:22:41 »

faxman
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 22:36:59 »

Thank you Major Tom. I can't wait for the book to be released.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 12:37:28 by faxman » Logged
snlee06
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 05:12:01 »

thanks majortom!
WiZe
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 03:50:11 »

Hello, I'm new to the forums kinda (I've been reading them for awhile but just now decided to create an account). I'd like to say this method is the easiest ! I've tried so many different techniques but still I haven't had any real success. I think all those other techniques focus to much on your body. Like said in this post, we're not trying to meditate here. Well anyways I tried this technique for the first time this morning and I believe I entered the phase, I'm still unsure.

The experience:
I laid down and began anchoring, and doing what was called "energy work" in this post because I do believe strongly in the energy points so I visualized the 7 chakra colors spiraling all through my body, coming in from my crown and up from my root. Within minutes I could tell the hypnagogic hallucinations started kicking in and I would start the drifting. After about 15 minutes or so I had a mini-dream discussed here and pulled back into my normal state. The next mini-dream I had I was lying just as I was on my bed(on my stomach) and I heard my mom open my door and call my name CLEARLY, the thing is I was home alone at this time. I was tempted to look but was in amazement to hear her voice so clearly. This "dream" felt very real and I thought that if I did look I was just going to re-enter the physical state. After I didn't look I could sense that whatever called my name had left and I re-entered into the free-flow/transition stages. Another "dream" started and this one also felt very real. But this time I thought hmm, let me try the roll over technique. And sure enough I ended up on the floor next to my bed and could see my body. I was EXCITED as could be thinking I was AP or having an OBE. (I'm still unsure what's the difference really if someone could go more in depth about that) As the first thing I've always wanted to do when I AP/OBE was to go find my dog and see if he could sense/see me(I know animals can I just wanted to see his reaction). I waste no time walking threw the door and going down the hall to find my dog in my sisters room under her bed. When I reach out to him I call his name and he looks at me and growls trying to bite my astral hands. This being my first time actually controlling what I believe to be AP, it scared me since I was ready for him to recognize me and greet me with love. I flew straight up trying to get away when all of a sudden my dog flies up with me and I grab him and we start flying up together. Not even before I got above the roof I was back into my body. But I believe that was because the fear had struck me at first and I tried to run from it with no intention of where I was going, which was the wrong thing to do.

I'm unsure if this was just another hypnagogic hallucination or actually AP. Feed back and tips would be of a major help (:
Thanks

I'll be back here tomorrow or maybe later tonight to report if I have a better, more stable AP/OBE as I am surely going to try this technique when I wake up during the night.

SORRY IF THIS SHOULD BE POSTED AS ITS OWN POST, I WAS JUST COMMENTING ON HOW I LOVE THIS METHOD ALREADY AND TURNED OUT TO BE A WHOLE SPIEL. as I am excited to actually have this experience  grin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:53:57 by WiZe » Logged
Major Tom
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 04:55:10 »

Hi Wize,

Glad it worked for you. I'm very pleased, since you're one of the first to use the method.

I do believe it is easiest and most effective method for many to establish the out-of-body state.

And yes, that was an OBE (with a bit of confusion).

The entry point from which you initiated the experience was when you already deep in the hypnagogic stage of sleep, during a mini-dream itself, which is why your mental clarity was not entirely up to par, but that's not unusual as you start out.

This is the part that also creates doubt after the experience, but it's common.

It does not diminish the experience even if you were in a slightly dream-like state of consciousness during the OBE itself. It's still an OBE.

Your next one will likely be more lucid, if you remind yourself for the next time to keep a check on it.

Alternatively, you might learn to do it from the waking state eventually, rather than from a stage when you're deep in already. It is easier to maintain mental clarity in that instance, although you will likely also experience all manner of strange sensations in the process, which take some time to get used to  (vibrations, visual phenomena, etc.)

The difference between such hypnagogic transitions and transitioning from the waking state is described in the method. It depends on the level of desynchronization between mind and body you're able to establish, which you can get better at over time.

The more often you pull back from these mini-dreams, or any other sort of drifting, the greater the level of desynchronization you'll establish, up until the point that energy sensations will hit you while fully awake and aware lying in bed.

It's not that you have to do that, and I would take any opportunity you have as you start out (as you did), but it can help to establish a more lucid experience without a dream-like feeling or other events that remind you of dreams.

The experience with your growling dog is just some emotional off-loading associated with any subconscious fears about the OBE, which tend to manifest inside of the environment, but it sounds like you quickly overcame that when you started flying up.

The fact that you were looking underneath a bed might have tipped you off that it had to do with fears! The fact that it was in your sister's bedroom I'll leave up to you to interpret, since I do not know your sister cheesy

Then you encountered another fear layer, pulling you back to your body. That was probably a good thing, since you might not have remembered the experience otherwise.

Good luck with the next one!

MT

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:39:02 by Major Tom » Logged
WiZe
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 16:32:21 »

Another success ! Posted about it  smiley
Impermanence
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 00:28:37 »

Thanks for sharing, it was very helpful!

My Out-of-Body Experience journal: http://focusobe.blogspot.com/
tomcat941
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 22:14:01 »

I'm curious as to whether there is a reason you cannot use an alarm clock and must use the affirmations. Does anyone have an answer for this? (and yes i have returned, i tend to lurk these forums and not comment due to lack of time)
Major Tom
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2012, 00:49:09 »

Hi Tomcat,

I guess it comes down to  whether you expect the environment to change to be successful at projecting, or whether you expect yourself to change.

The reliance on an alarm clock is more geared towards the former, while being able to place an an intent that arrives at its goal represents the latter.

Gadgets are okay to certain extent, and an alarm clock  can be okay as well or even useful, but anything that relies on nothing else but outside factors is bound to fail in the long run.

So it's a matter of balance between both. If you can do both at the same time, nothing wrong with that.

MT

Dlosp
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 02:52:07 »

So from reading this enormous essay I have found I need to think of colors and tell myself I will
have an OBE and try not to think to hard about imagery that I see while my body somehow falls
asleep then I will start feeling energy sensations of some kind. Man great advice. Totally easy steps to follow.
Could this be any more vague? Try to relax and maintain awareness while your body magically falls asleep
and it's still okay to toss and turn? This gives no detail on how my physical body should be feeling while
trying to induce an OBE. I need real steps to follow.
Dreamshards
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 05:08:17 »

So from reading this enormous essay I have found I need to think of colors and tell myself I will
have an OBE and try not to think to hard about imagery that I see while my body somehow falls
asleep then I will start feeling energy sensations of some kind. Man great advice. Totally easy steps to follow.
Could this be any more vague? Try to relax and maintain awareness while your body magically falls asleep
and it's still okay to toss and turn? This gives no detail on how my physical body should be feeling while

Why don't you start by reading any of the how-to guides that are bookmarked at the first topics to the OBE experience forums if you need more information. Or any of the thousand posts on here that are titled "I need help", and honestly everyone feels different sensations so everything that is told to you is going to be vague until you get a sense of how it actually feels like.

Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 08:10:25 »

These are real steps. You won't get anywhere quickly with that attitude.

Hello anyway Dlosp... welcome.

Why don't you start by reading any of the how-to guides that are bookmarked at the first topics to the OBE experience forums if you need more information. Or any of the thousand posts on here that are titled "I need help", and honestly everyone feels different sensations so everything that is told to you is going to be vague until you get a sense of how it actually feels like.

Everyone doesn't feel different sensations.. where has this new news come from? There is a distinct phenomenology of sensations involved that is shared and common to all explorers. If there wasn't... there wouldn't be anything for any of us to relate to as a shared group. Where did this 'everybody is different' thing come from anyway? It only seems to have appeared in the last couple of years. Everybody interprets things slightly differently and calls it different things... some people just have subtle variations of basically the same theme. There wouldn't be a focus 1, focus 2, focus whatever system if we were all different. How would that turn out if only a few people could do it? There would be NOTHING in common with anyone here if WE DIDN'T SHARE THE SAME EXPERIENCES. Imagine if Robert Monroe's methods didn't work... where would the Monroe Institute be?

Through the years I have tried many different methods... THEY ALL WORKED... just some probably seem more logical to beginners... and some people think theirs is the best etc.. like they own a PS3 and think it's better than a 360... or a PC over a Mac. That's natural for younger people.

so... all the methods work... It's most definitely not the case that only certain ones work on certain people... that is a total myth.

Wasn't getting at you Dreamshards... it's just I am sick of the 'we are all different' statement. We are all beautifully the same and one.
islandgirl88
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 07:39:59 »

Man great advice. Totally easy steps to follow.

I think this is a valid point that you bring up and one that I faced when I started practicing. So many of the steps that get you into transcendental states of mind sound exactly that: vague vague vague. But really when you start doing the work, literally, lying down, focusing for 5MINUTES just 5minutes on your chakras can bring about powerful sensations. You just have to DO it, and as annoying as it sounds, BELIEVE IN THE VAGUE. That is what mysticism is bro! The great mystics never wrote down your step by step process because it doesn't need to exist for the experience to happen.
For more thorough steps, actually write down your practice and what works for you. All astral projection is, is deep trance, and it takes different things to get all of us off:)
Ouroboros
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2013, 13:28:01 »

I have read every post of Franks so am I correct in my belief that Fred's anchoring = Frank's rundown?

It seems to be the exact same technique except you can yo-yo between rundown and pushing forward and Frank says not to yo-yo as it resets your focus.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2013, 16:24:19 »

I have read every post of Franks so am I correct in my belief that Fred's anchoring = Frank's rundown?

It seems to be the exact same technique except you can yo-yo between rundown and pushing forward and Frank says not to yo-yo as it resets your focus.
Yup!  They are one in the same.  Smiley

Ouroboros
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2013, 02:20:48 »

Do you find the Yo-Yo addition to the Rundown to be superior at maintaining MABA then Xanth?

Or do you feel it resets it all and you have to start again like Frank states.
Shenlord
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2014, 19:37:02 »

I clicked on the  Vigil Method main link and got:
"ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2014, 20:24:02 »

I clicked on the  Vigil Method main link and got:
"ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND

I'll find out if Fred has a new location for it.

In the meantime, he shares his method in his book... and I'm sure he would appreciate the purchase and read.  Smiley

Kiki112
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2014, 05:15:33 »

the link is dead  undecided
Jesse Smith
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 09:33:10 »

I think this is it: http://www.beyond-body.com/vigil_method.html

Google found it!
Sin
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2015, 07:02:21 »

Thanks for sharing Fred! Quite helpful!

"Use your imagination not to scare yourself to death but to inspire yourself to life." Adele Brookman
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: