The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. May 25, 2020, 09:58:02

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weird proportions when visualizing  (Read 1608 times)
embrace
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2012, 19:34:55 »

Dear people,

This question of mine has remained unanswered for years. Perhaps somebody on this forum would be able to give me some feedback? So far I haven't met anybody who even knows what I'm talking about. So, here it is:

Sometimes, when in trans, I start to visualize things. And whatever I see/feel in my mind, has a weird feeling of abnormal size/proportion. For example, if I visualize my hand holding a pen, it feels as if my hand was gigantic and the pen was tiny, or the other way around. This bizarre proportion-sensation tends to grow and whatever I visualize, it becomes either giant or small. Unless I open my eyes, the sensation remains and at some point gets too weird to continue.

I know the description probably doesn't make any sense...But I trust that if anybody around here has ever experienced anything similar, it probably would make sense. So...any comments?

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 19:51:26 »

It sounds like a perceptual issue with your non-physical senses.

As you gain more experience projecting, it should go away.  That's my opinion at least.  Smiley

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 19:51:26 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Lionheart
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 02:25:26 »

I have had this happen to me when I first began to Astral Travel. I was using the "climbing out of body" technique by Dr. Steve G. Jones. He was talking in his CD about expanding your body. Feeling it touch wall to wall, then floor to ceiling. Then he talked about feeling and visualizing your feet and hands as stretching to the wall and through it. After awhile everything I saw in the Astral was being perceived to be overgrown or sometimes shrinking. I never had that problem with Phasing, I think it was due to my initial teachings.
Contenteo
Astral Energy 4

Sustainability Accountant

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 18:36:13 »

Hmm, idk, I can visualize my hand big and the pen small, the pen small and my hand big, or everything normal. Can you do that?

I have been so engrossed in creative works for so long it tough to tell if this aptitude at visualization is universal or an actual skill that is cultivated.

Cheers,
Contenteo
the8reader
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 18:51:17 »

sounds like a control problem. have you tried to make your hand smaller. or the pen bigger. i think instead of stopping it cuz it gets weird you should keep going to c what happens. i think that is the only way to get an answer that will make sence to you. you have to just go with the flow man. NO FEAR!!!1

is it bad when your dreams are better than real life!
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 18:51:17 »

Rudolph
Astral Energy 4

Deo Gratias

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 22:23:40 »

For example, if I visualize my hand holding a pen, it feels as if my hand was gigantic and the pen was tiny, or the other way around. This bizarre proportion-sensation tends to grow and whatever I visualize, it becomes either giant or small.

Ah. Sounds like the Alice in Wonderland syndrome. I think that's a good thing. There is much to learn in these 'proportion' distortions. If you are keeping a journal and sincerely thinking about finding the meaning behind them you can get a look into levels of your psyche that most people will not approach.
Class is now in session.

Beware the fake "seeker" who finds Truth to be abusive.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: