The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2018, 06:47:22

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was this? 3 experiences in 2 consecutive nights.  (Read 2409 times)
Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: March 01, 2018, 02:23:03 »

Hello all,
        I have had what I want to call a breakthrough of sorts. Although, I feel as though I was left just on the cusp of what I "imagine" a full NP experience is.
       Night 1: I went to sleep in my guest bedroom. I had set "intent" before sleep (I think I just kept repeating "astral projection" to myself over and over). I woke up mid morning, and fell back asleep focusing on basically not feeling myself, and breathing. Then I "think" I fell asleep, though aware . I became aware in the position of sitting up "Indian style" on the very bed/room I fell asleep in. Next I thought to myself, I was going to try to "break through"(not literally), and all I did was allow myself to lean forward and fall through my bed head first. When I fell through I was floating in near darkness(density maybe half of water) and I could hear moans and "cries" all around, as well as shadows moving all about. I couldn't really move. I wasn't scared at all, but I realised if I couldn't move I didn't want to be hanging out there. So I "left" and became physically aware instantly, in bed. Next 2 continue in below post.

Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:33:47 »

The very next night the same thing happened, in the same room. Woke up around 0500, focused, and was sitting Indian style on the bed again. Leaned forward in the same manner as the first and fell through. Only this time I focused on not staying in the dark (no moans/waking this time) and the scene of the room starting to fade "in" from the perceived blackness. Much like a Power Point effect. Then I was hovering just above my bed waving back and forth. But I wanted to go somewhere cool, so the first thing that popped in my thoughts was "flowers, beautiful flowers ".
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 02:33:47 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 02:35:24 »

As I concentrated on getting "there" i woke up, not able to leave the room at all.
Now I'm laying in bed again, and.. You guessed, Indian style sitting, fall through the bed. This time I start "saying" the name of a friend to try to get to there house, and this time I don't even make it out of the dark plane through my bed before waking up. **Last one, sorry, I am having trouble posting a certain # of lines before the text box covers up the "Post" button. Thanks for reading.
Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 11:03:26 »

Nice Whitelight01, very nicely done. Now next time you make your attempt place your intention and say something along these lines...

I ask my ______ (higher self, spirit guide, angel)(whatever terminology you are comfortable with) to guide me and take me where I need to be and show me what I need to see.

**Text box tip - keep typing the box will automatically scroll. OR place pointer on bottom right corner and stretch the box. smiley

“There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know.”  – Donald Rumsfeld
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 13:27:00 »

Those are good first experiences.

You made good use of your initial "Intent". Now, as Nameless suggested, you should consider modifying your Intent slightly, for a more specific result. Your deeper/higher self really does respond to these specific declarations. The process does require this and it can work that easy...at times. Nameless' suggestion is also the primary "default" Intent to work from...when nothing else seems to work...default to that. That is a BIGGIE! ---"Show me the next best possible lesson I need to learn."

We all have our various ideosyncrosies...one of yours may be the "indian position"...okay, go with that, don't fight it; at least for now. The moans and groans you heard the first time will re-appear from time to time. This is the hypnogogic "noise' that is a kind of "local" disturbance effect. You either get caught up in it or you learn to ignore it. After 50 plus years, it still catches me off-guard from time to time, lol. It is just a part of the fun...ignore it and stick to your Intent!

Your description of your first experiences follows the normal RTZ/Etheric route...you are in your bedroom/your house...you are still loosely associated to your physical body...various feelings or sensations are still 'physically' located...There are certain lessons to be learned and achieved here, even beginning with maneuvering around your bedroom/house...certain lessons about movement/navigation (how do you move? How do you know where you are? How do you move from where you are to where you want to be?)This is a key point in thinking back upon your childhood dreams and how you might have already dealt with some of these 'dream tests'......

Make sure that you write all your specific points down. If you choose to pursue this, then you will find your notes to be invaluable at some later date. I cannot stress this point enough.

You have a 'classic' start! Keep doing what you are doing. Take notes. Have no fear and have fun! Be bold and fearless! Always know that you are not alone and that help is available. You are an explorer of the far reaches of human consciousness...

This will begin to change if you continue and pursue this AP experience...you will begin to lose the 'physical' approximation. This will require a kind of re-wiring of your current thinking...it's not that big of a change...and yet, it is...

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 13:27:00 »

Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 21:32:24 »

Thanks EscapeVelocity & Nameless!
This is actually not my *first experience of this kind..

The FIRST one was about 3 years ago. I was focusing in bed next to my partner, and the same kind of thing happened. I just sat up in bed and had vision of my exact room around me, sleeping partner included, only I seemed to be moving uncommanded, which scared me beyond belief. I was able to hold myself in the sitting position on my bed, and I leaned over the side of my bed to fall to the ground. It took an immense amount of strength and will power, just to hold still, and force myself to lean to one side and fall. When I hit the ground, I shattered into tiny pieces and "sat" as a pile of dust for a few moments, then woke up. Reflecting back on it, I thought I was possessed and that the entity wanted to use my body for evil. I have a family, so this is a risk I could not take. I actually woke my partner up scared and worried to talk, only to find out that they had a dream they were possessed by a "demon"... anything to make of this? Coincidence? I stopped for several years after that.

The reason I asked "what was this" is because it was more like a LD to me. I have experienced many "signs" during meditation, or practice or w/e you want to call it. But I was never able to "separate". Keep in mind I'm not suggesting that this is even what others experience, it's just what I had expected from reading countless blogs/forums. Trying to set up expectations, useless I know, it's just what our brains do, I am getting better at avoiding it. Also, no silver "cord". It could be that I just need to master being in that state before I am able to experience anything at all, like you said.
I'm guessing my clarity and perception/ awareness will get better with practice.
I'm ok with it being a dream I just wanted to see what everyone thought, because if it was AP, it is not what I thought it was, but, see above about practice also..
Im open minded, but I'm also very left-brained most of the time, and I'm hoping this doesn't hinder me. Although, I imagine Tom Campbell (and others)is pretty left brained, and we all know his positions.

One last thing. When I practiced years ago, i would get SP several times, and haven't gotten it once in the last 8 months or so. Thanks again!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 00:32:57 by Whitelight01 » Logged
Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2018, 00:31:48 »

To clarify about my "what was this?" question. I mean I had zero "symptoms" of AP, and used no "method" (roll-out, rope, etc) to project. One of the only things that stood out to me was the point of view: in dreams and when I recall them, they are almost always in 3rd person, or me watching myself, like a movie. These events I was 1st person(or, maybe, 1st AND 3rd person, if the makes sense). And also there was no "build-up as in: in LD and normal dreams, I normally become aware, or when recalling them, somewhere in the "middle" of a scenario. With these, it went directly from laying on my bed, to sitting Indian style NP.
Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2018, 05:50:59 »

"What was this"?

It was your "wake up call". I had my 3 consecutive night experience back in 2011 and it left a lasting impression on me. Things are going to be strange for a while. But they will calm down once you are acclimated to this new "energy".

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla
Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2018, 10:41:04 »

I agree with Lumaza, a wake up call and now that you know it'll be hard putting it back in the box. Not that you should. I do think LDs and AP are the same thing they are just different ways of getting there. No matter just go with whatever your proclivity seems to be. I actually much prefer to wake in LD or as I say 'all ready there'.

“There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don’t know we don’t know.”  – Donald Rumsfeld
Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2018, 11:40:11 »

That's interesting Nameless. I have seen that idea posted here before, maybe even from you, but I don't remember specifically. Maybe I'm wrong, but in your best estimate, does that belief imply pure subjectivity of NP, and exclude any form of shared experience?

Of relevance, I recently learned of what practicing Pagans call "Ridge riding", which sounds essentially like AP, and is often a shared experience (allegedly, of course wink ). I have also heard of shared or identical dreams between individuals.

It doesn't matter too much to me, I am of the opinion that either view is valid, based on one's experiences. I realize these subjects have been hashed out extensively here before, I just find it interesting, and my ideas change all the time, swing of the pendulum, if you will.
Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2018, 11:59:12 »

Of relevance, I recently learned of what practicing Pagans call "Ridge riding", which sounds essentially like AP, and is often a shared experience (allegedly, of course wink ).
This practice is known by many names. I prefer Dr. Stanislov Grof's names for it, which is "non ordinary states of consciousness". That seems to wrap everything NPR related nicely into that category. Dreaming, Phasing, Remote Viewing, etc. they are all the same thing, using different modes to get there. But, I will say, you will experience different levels of awareness in each of them.
 I have never seen "silver cord" in any of my Phase adventures or OBE outings. I have felt a pull back to my physical body many times, but never have seen this cord people speak of.

It doesn't matter too much to me, I am of the opinion that either view is valid, based on one's experiences. I realize these subjects have been hashed out extensively here before, I just find it interesting, and my ideas change all the time, swing of the pendulum, if you will.
Yes, you are correct. This topic has been repeated many, many, many times here and will continue to be for as long as this Forum is in place.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla
Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2018, 22:31:09 »

Thanks for the reply Lumaza. I do find issues with the term "non ordinary states". Most people, I think, quickly label any state *not influenced by outside sources (drugs, alc, etc) to be ordinary. The problem is, consciousness(or perception, I think is synonymous here) is fundamentally, and exclusively dependent on outside stimulus, and/or chemical interaction. So why make a distinction at all?

IOW, there is no "ordinary" state of awareness for which we can hold as arbiter of truth. Even while sleeping, the brain is still extremely active. Why is it the "awake " activity is ordinary, and asleep is "non"? Part of the reason I like exploring everything this site is about, is because I have these questions. I am not sold on the idea that when I am "asleep" I am "unconscious", because it's something I am starting to experience. And "if" I can remain conscious in both states, the "ordinary" moniker loses some of its explanatory power. The more I do and learn, the more it seems to lose.
 To me, it's like calling entangled particle interaction "non-ordinary" physics(which is kind of what Einstein did, I guess  undecided ). 1) it assumes we understand Newtonian physics as "ordinary"(we dont), 2) it arbitrarily denotes primacy to one set of data, when we don't fully understand either. This analogy is how I see "awake" vs "asleep", or, physical vs non-physical.

I know you didn't ask for my opinion. I don't intend to debate anyone on this, or change anyone's mind. My statements/questions are not directed at anyone, and are not meant to represent anyones portrayed views. Writing just helps me understand myself better, along with feedback from others. I do appreciate others views as well. Thanks everyone.
Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2018, 22:49:01 »

To be fully transparent, the reason I feel the need to discuss, or share these topics with the Pulse, is: 1) I can't talk to anyone I know about this stuff, at least in any meaningful way, 2) I feel until i gain a rational understanding, I will continue to be incessantly analytical of this subject, which I feel is really impeding any progress to be made. The dominance of the left hemisphere ebbs and flows, and during the ebb, I have made progress, but the flow is much more frequent and consistent. The goal of my practice, and meditation is to subdue the left and right brain and just "be open". But life sure does make it hard..
Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2018, 12:58:00 »

, 2) I feel until i gain a rational understanding, I will continue to be incessantly analytical of this subject, which I feel is really impeding any progress to be made. The dominance of the left hemisphere ebbs and flows, and during the ebb, I have made progress, but the flow is much more frequent and consistent. The goal of my practice, and meditation is to subdue the left and right brain and just "be open". But life sure does make it hard..
Please prove me wrong, but I see you are going to have a very difficult time with this practice. What you wrote in the quote above is the same problem the Science Community" in general has with this practice and topic. They want to "analyze" something that doesn't fit our physical parameters.

The best way to approach this and to "subdue the left and right brain" is to "passively observe" all with a "air of curiosity". You can analyze it all later. Don your "Explorer's Hat" for now.

Set the stage, with whatever your chosen technique is and go experience it. Leave all "expectations" behind. Keep a Journal with your results. That will be helpful if or when and you experience a "block".
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 16:57:50 by Lumaza » Logged

Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2018, 21:31:35 »

Hey Lumaza. Sometimes I feel it is difficult, sometimes I don't. I am also a spiritual person, then again, sometimes I'm not... One of the problems I've identified is that like anyone else, I have ways I want to view reality. There are things I want to be true about myself and reality/life in general. And when I try to fit meditation, or Astral Projection, or any other like these into my "box" I feel I get problems. I want (occasionally, this is not a chronic feeling) to know what it is, and make sure it is what I want it to be before surrendering to the mental conditioning, time, etc.

I will sort myself out. The mindset one must have to explore these subjects is very counterintuitive to me. But it is something I have, and can again overcome(or let got of). I just want plenty of time to meditate, and reflect.

Any advice you all have give is very much appreciated. And even if it's not advice, I just appreciate being able to share my thoughts. Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 21:37:51 by Whitelight01 » Logged
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2018, 22:10:16 »

White,

Your phrasing of wanting to fit things into a box... and wanting reality and yourself to be how YOU want them to be... are statements which trouble me slightly.
You sound like you're conditioning yourself for failure here. 

What happens if those things you want to be true about yourself and reality, ultimately aren't true?  What will you do then?
Or what if you can't neatly fit this stuff into a box?  What will you do then?

Just questions to ponder.  Smiley

Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 01:00:38 »

Hello Xanth. The phrasing I used should be viewed in more of an existential context, not physical/literal. I have experienced reality shattering my beliefs many times. The cognitive dissonance is difficult to work through, but I got through it with some perspective shifts.

When it comes to my self, I am pretty honest (with.. myself  wink ), again, mostly the existential aspects are what I find myself working through. It sounds like a control thing, it's not.. Also, my "box" is always changing. I consider myself pretty open minded .I adopt, adapt, and discard ideas pretty frequently.

My worldview is not dogmatic, but there are ideas that I still cling to because of wanting to believe, or wishing them to be true. Sometimes this makes me see through that "lens", even though I am consciously aware of it.

I spend most of my "thinking" time in these states rather than "experiencing" what I believe will help me understand myself, and reality better(ie. NP).
Thanks for responding.
Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 02:25:33 »

I feel I should add that, when I said I have ways I want to view reality, it isn't some sort of filter that I willfully use to perceive things.
Rather, more of a predisposition to view things a certain way. A subconscious bias that I've identified by noticing patterns in my thoughts/ideas/conclusions.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:31:29 by Whitelight01 » Logged
Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 06:06:38 »

Just remember Whitelight, that once you open "Pandora's Box", you can't "unsee" what you already saw! Think about that before you get into this further. Some things we aren't supposed to control. The "NP" is one of those things.
 Take fear tests for an example. We don't control them. We just understand they "could" occur. When and if they do, we confront them and move on.

For months now, I also have been spending most of my time in those states mentally creating and contemplating things. I still like to don my explorer's hat and go adventure though.

My first lessons in the NP were all about the importance of "passively" observing first. Most of the following lessons were then based on navigating my new surroundings and learning how to operate and just be a simple point of consciousness there. It took quite a while to be able to lose the "physical mindset". I found when I did, there were no "limitations" to what one could experience there. So much more was revealed to me then.

You may want to look and use the "Vehram System". Vessen has written up some pretty fascinating reports and blogs on his approach. It takes more of Physics related viewpoint to all of this.
 Here's a little "teaser" quote from it.
 "The Vehram System serves as the fundamental release power to enable consciousness to break the ties that bind us within the human body.  Externally configured at key points outside the body, the Vehram Array comprises six ethereal power centers.  Each center is composed of a central orb approximately the size of a basketball, engulfed in a radiant field of energy extending up to several feet in all directions from its surface."

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/the_vehram_system_is_truly_brilliant-t29333.0.html

Whitelight01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 06:35:38 »

Hey Lumaza. I'm surprised it took this long for me to reply. In true fashion to myself, I read that entire thread, and many passages of the book, within a few hours.. Thanks for taking the time to suggest that.
I am in a deep flow right now (past week or so). Practicing every night, strong spirituality. Read some posts here that really resonated with me. I have recently realized how different my "sleep" conscious is from my waking state. In awake consciousness I have no fear of ap'ing, I want it, deeply and fully.

The other night I decided to wbtb, and when I woke up around 4-5, I could not make myself go downstairs to my pre-made bed on the couch to attempt. I was afraid that the experience would be negative, so I stayed in my bed. When I woke up I was really disappointed in myself, and couldn't understand why: one minute I'm totally free of fear and more than willing to go, but after 4-5 hours of sleep I'm fear stricken.. I've reflected on it, and decided that I need to realize that the reason I fear these things (energy, entities w/e), is that I fear something being able to control me. Not in a possessive way, but emotionally, and environmentally. As in, I don't trust my spirit(replace w/a word you're comfortable with) to be able to defend itself (w/e that means). I feel strong, and positive now, but that is what I will be working on for those late night attempts into the unknown I am trying to achieve.
Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 05:07:01 »

It sounds like you are doing great. That thread, as many others are on this Forum, has some great info.

I find it's easy to say we have handled our fears. We think we did or have, until we are confronted directly by them.

I have had nights when I awoke and didn't want to go back to sleep as well. Fear can be "paralyzing" at times. When I awoke, I tried to rationalize my feelings. Understanding the whys is half the battle. But sometimes even that didn't work. The strangest part of that whole experience was that I didn't remember what had occurred in the dream. All I know was that I was terrified when I awoke and didn't want to go back to sleep at all.

...and yes, I did feel disappointed with myself as well. But that disappointment soon went away, following the next LD that I did recall.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: