The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2020, 01:13:08

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: has anyone tried Frank kepple's method?  (Read 3667 times)
mcdwg
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« on: January 21, 2010, 17:14:44 »

I came across this thread and I tried it. I think I was successful three times.

http://www.astralpulse.com/frankkepple.html

First time, I noticed the blackness for five minutes and in fact I was trying to project to the Pulse Island described here, after about ten minutes I started seeing the blackness in 3d and after a while I remember being in a place that resembled the jungle with many flowers and mountains, then I remember hovering above a village with rustic houses an dirt roads, there were people walking and talking but I never interacted with them, and then I woke up.

Another time after about five minutes I saw something similar to a bright window in the blackness, after a while I saw myself floating in the sky and all these boulders were floating in the air as well and I woke up.

Third time, after five minutes of noticing the blackness  I saw sparks of light they looked like mini lightning and then an opening like a portal and after a few seconds I saw the scene of what looked like the universe with many many stars and after about three seconds I saw myself in a house that at the time I thought I knew and I was able to interact with a girl that was in one of the rooms and as I approached her she said "you look good today" but I said nothing and then I just wandered around the house and woke up after a while.

I think I was in F2 in all these experiences, what I like about this method are that it is very simple and so far it has worked for me.

Has anyone else tried it? Anyone gone to f3, f4 without the usual OBE techniques and just by this method?

Ruben
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 18:49:18 »

It's called Phasing.
Not quite invented by Frank, but he used it to further his own understanding of our world.

Several members here use it to astral project.
Some find it easier than classical projection... some find it harder.
It's a personal thing.  I've had a bit of success with it.

Also, as Frank explains... he takes his "focus" levels from Robert Munroe, but then makes some minute adjustments to them to suit his own needs better.
I actually like Frank's Focus levels a bit better.  I haven't discovered why they ring better with me though.  LoL
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 18:51:02 by Xanth » Logged

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 18:49:18 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 19:36:49 »

I been trying phasing using what I read in on that page and the post in the Astral FAQ section for a little over month now, and I've had much more success in that time than I have had in 3-4 months of astral projection practice.

For a while I would get to the hypnagogics then fall asleep, but a week ago I managed to stay awake through the hypnagogics, but I got worried that I would fall asleep so I snapped myself out of it. Then a few days ago, once the hypnagogics started, I decided to start noticing the area "past" the hypnagogics instead of the imagery itself. After a minute or two of doing that, the hypnagogics quit and the blackness gained depth. I don't know why, but I got worried and woke up.

I have to agree with Xanth, I like Frank's Focus levels better than Monroe's focus levels. Probably because it's easier to remember his Focus levels, though.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 20:13:45 by 3588897 » Logged
Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 20:28:50 »

Hi Ruben, I love to phase, but I'm not very good at it. I am better at OBE's at the moment. I have had 5 phasings so far and here are the links of 2 of my posts.

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/my_first_phasing-t30363.0.html

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_projection_experiences/a_new_experience-t30545.0.html

I liked reading your phasing experiences, hope I will have another one soon, I'll keep trying.
In my phasings I think I have only been in F2 also.  smiley

Some things have to be believed to be seen ~ Ralph Hodgson
mcdwg
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 20:45:55 »

Hello Xanth,

I do find phasing easier than using the techniques described in this forum. I think the hardest part for me is the waiting period just noticing, it can get boring, but once I feel the shift then it is jsut amazing with the anticipation something is about to happen.

Hello 3588897,

Just like yourself I did try the classic OB techniques for a couple of months and I did have an OBE but it took a long time, I tried phasing and it probably took a couple of nights to achieve success. I will keep trying and hopefully get to F3.

Hello Timandra,

I read your experiences and they are very interesting, the screen that you mention I have seen it as well and I have to say I have not tried to cross it, I just look at it how it changes colors and all of a sudden I have found myself in a different place, next time I will try to approach it and see what happens.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 20:45:55 »

kurtykurt42
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 21:06:48 »

Maybe I'll give phasing a try too.

Astral projection is certainly not easy that's for sure. I have had many hobbies in my life and this on is by far the most challenging.
ilostmyego
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 01:44:33 »

Hello everyone, I'm new to these boards, but have been lurking for awhile. I was drawn to this thread out of curiosity for a new technique as I have been trying since I was 16, now 21, to have an OBE with no real results. That's not to say I haven't experienced the onset such as vibrations, a strong sense of electricity in my hands, and loud cracks of noise, but no full blown OBE. However last night I tried "phasing" or basically the lack of technique, and it was by far the most profound experience I have had thus far with any kind of meditation. Lots of full detailed images and a feeling of complete disconnection from everything physical. So it is definitely worth checking out for anyone interested in this particular pursuit. However I seem to notice in the given link, with all of the information from Frank Kepple, that he mixes up objective and subjective in every instance. As though he believes they are opposite of what they really mean. No big deal really, but it kind of just doesn't feel right that this information is being conveyed in that manner.
kurtykurt42
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 01:52:24 »

Welcome to the forum.

Some of Frank's work is pretty confusing. We are all different and different methods work for different people. The more you practice the faster you will see results.
ilostmyego
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 02:17:44 »

Well I definitely saw results, and I will definitely continue to practice this particular method. I'm saying that he mixes up the words subjective and objective, and it's obvious to me. I was just wondering if anyone else who read through the entire article noticed it. Doesn't affect my view on the material what so ever, but it just doesn't sound right. He refers to us in our current physical form as objective when in reality we are all subjective in our bodies, only experiencing the world through our eyes subjectively. Sorry if I come off as holier than thou because that is the complete opposite of my nature. By the way thanks for the welcome Kurt. I would love to become involved with a community such as this.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 19:05:01 »

Welcome to the forum.

Some of Frank's work is pretty confusing. We are all different and different methods work for different people. The more you practice the faster you will see results.
My old sensei wasn't too fond of the "Practice makes perfect" saying.
He perferred "PERFECT practice makes perfect".

Not pointing any fingers... the stuff my old sensei said was mostly strange, but some things that came outta his mouth were interesting.  LoL

Optic
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 02:39:38 »

Well I definitely saw results, and I will definitely continue to practice this particular method. I'm saying that he mixes up the words subjective and objective, and it's obvious to me. I was just wondering if anyone else who read through the entire article noticed it. Doesn't affect my view on the material what so ever, but it just doesn't sound right. He refers to us in our current physical form as objective when in reality we are all subjective in our bodies, only experiencing the world through our eyes subjectively. Sorry if I come off as holier than thou because that is the complete opposite of my nature. By the way thanks for the welcome Kurt. I would love to become involved with a community such as this.

I totally agree, to have objective perception whilst in the physical body is indeed an effort to cultivate, I think what the author meant by objective though is that the objects being viewed do not shape-shift to our perceptions desire like in a dream state, but because this does not occur it is not natural to think that we are objective in perception because of this. We are subjective in perception of the objects and things around us regardless if our thoughts or minds have no visible effect on the objects around us.
ilostmyego
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2010, 22:31:04 »

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me optic. It makes me feel great to see that someone else actually took notice of this, and answered me intelligently. You are an A+ human being, thanks again.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: