The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 19, 2017, 13:45:57

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Difficulty breathing  (Read 1352 times)
Blakeyboy
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2016, 13:27:25 »

Whenever I try to do astral projection I feel something making breathing difficult. If it is very minor I go into a snore (not that bad) and am somewhat fine.
Any idea on how to combat this uncomfortable feeling? huh
Phildan1
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 17:01:28 »

Hi there! Well this is my first post on AP lol.

I had the same issue a few months back. You need to breath from your stomach or as it is called diaphragm. Just a little programming, not to use your lungs fully. I think this could help. But if you can stay in the relaxed state and not let your awareness drift there, it will be still ok I think.

Don't try too hard to make it happen. I'm practicing it since 8 months and now I'm not forcing it. Someday it will happen. Smiley

daily-spirit.com
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 17:01:28 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Bloodshadow
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 22:25:40 »

Correct me if i'm wrong, but i'm assuming you talking about when you reach a certain sleeping state  that when you are  aware, during  Mind awake body asleep, it becomes hard to breathe and you hear yourself snoring, this is normal, when you are sleep your body tends to breathe differently, there is nothing you can do but except it and stay calm, if you want to project, if you do try to regular breathe in this state you will disrupt the process of sleep and trying to have an experience. this is one of the ways Sleep Paralysis comes about, and the correct state you want to be in for projection.
Astralsuzy
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2016, 16:51:03 »

Go along with it.    Do not try to stop it.   You are close to ap.   It happens to me.   I like it when I hear myself snore because I know I am close to ap..   
ThaomasOfGrey
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 02:47:56 »

You are most likely having difficulty letting go of your breath consciously. I struggle with this too. What has helped me is to realize that a lot of the problem is a strange fear of suffocation. Sometimes in my dreams I will drown and breathe the water. Breathing the water has a specific feeling and if I emulate this type of breath it seems to match the natural sleep breathing well.

The water breathing is a very slow and deep breath. You will feel like your lungs may not be expanding as much as you would like due to the slow rhythm but you have to trust that you are getting enough oxygen. Imagine you are submerged in that special oxygen fluid and that you will get oxygen even if your lungs don't move.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 02:47:56 »

Freaky Doll
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 08:03:08 »

The best thing to do is realize that it is natural for your heart rate to lower and your breathing to become more shallow, as it goes into a sedentary state and prepares you for sleep. Don't fear. Realize. Calm yourself and focus on lifting your spirit/consciousness out of your physical body, or you could just fall asleep. Smiley
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: