The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 16, 2018, 11:29:40

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I see faeries  (Read 17262 times)
MontanaHayseed
Astral Energy 1

MontanaHayseed
View Profile
« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2004, 07:23:57 »

Hiya Corn....~

Yeah I have seen those little sparkly spots too.... generally looking away from the sun on a bright day, but also at other times.  Sometimes they are associated with a sudden drop in blood pressure, as when I stand up too quickly, but not always.

But let me point out something here:  Your statement was presented really quite cogently:  It clearly and concisely introduced the topic, then simply stated your experiences and their interpretation, both by your self, and to some degree, that of your doctor.  There is nothing at all in the piece that you wrote that would suggest  any sort of "psychotic difficulties".  In fact, your level of self awareness, circumspection, awareness of your milieu and the distinct LACK of fantasy content and projection, (other than possibly interpreting the lights as fairies.. and it has not been established that they are not...  the lights do travel along with us as we move, indicating that their location is relative to the perceiver, rather than fixed in a physical space, but does not rule out an interpretation of faeries, technically) all rather point to the opposite suggestion, that is, that you are really pretty well on the ball.

Classic bipolarity, also known as manic depressive disorder, is characterized by big swings in perceived energy levels... especially thinking energy, or will, and feeling.  But it is not at all usual, nor part of the classical description, to have visual hallucinations.  Distortions in judgment are quite common, seeing things as much more or less important than they really might normally considered to be.  So you might want to talk to some other professionals to get other opinions.... psychiatrists tend to be the most closed minded, interpreting everything that they see with an outlook that is traditionally Freudian, or else chemical, and decidedly unmillenial, and you might get more useful assistance from a social worker or psychologist.  A psychiatrist is medical doctor that also has a degree in psychology, as well as some additional training, but unfortunately, unless you are paying top dollar for the premium product here, what you get in practice is a guy that will match up what you tell him with medical chemistry that is available for him to prescribe.

Now also let me add something about bipolarity.  In some, though probably not all cases, a person is quite intelligent.  30 IQ points above average, say. If the person is balanced, his emotional sensitivity is also quite refined then (if he thinks of his feelings, he is likely to bring the same level of sensitivity and self awareness to that "department").  The mainstream has little idea of how difficult life is for these people. But consider, if an "average person" (IQ about 110) had the experience of most of the people around him being thirty points lower on the scale (at 80, that is mildly retarded) .. it could well drive him to distraction:  The extreme idiocy and insensitivity of those around him can be quite discouraging and demoralizing. Add to all that the lunacy and instability of the world today, and depression would seem to be the thing to expect. The manic part comes from the excitement when you can see your way through to a solution, or some other insight that one might find satisfying. But remember, I do not mean to say that all bipolarity comes to us this way, but I think that some does.  

Please keep reading and learning things though, and figuring things out.  And do talk to some other professionals that you feel comfortable with.  You have a good solid mind, a fellow can go to a lot of interesting places with one of those!  smiley

MH

"We couch in our fiction those facts with which we are not yet ready to deal, while we embrace as fact those fictions from which are not yet ready to part."

'n nat's a fact..!

...which might be, I guess, why God invented beer....~

grin
California
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2005, 22:19:44 »

Seems worth mentioning that fairies, and other little people, have been seen by people around the world for centuries. What they are, I do not know, and I have not seem them, but I know many people have. In Northern Europe and Britain various mythologies have grown up about them over the centuries. Might be interesting to do some reading on the subject.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2005, 22:19:44 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

MadLordNad
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2005, 02:22:44 »

Quote from: Chimerae
I have a phd psychotherapist I see who is a psychic and travels dimensionally.  I have access to a psychiatrist who is also psychic and who's credentials are so solid that she "gets away" with her non traditional therapies.    There out there you just have to find them.

You guys should play Changeling the Dreaming! Ask your doctor if she is a "Hippy" or Hippocrates' Dream Warrior. In the game they're Fey psychotherapists saving other fey from banal "Mental Hospitals" where human doctors are "convincing" the patients they're insane or seeing imaginary friends.   wink

I only got to page 4 and had to reply. I KNOW I saw a gnome when I was a kid. And I've had friends on shrooms see fire elementals in camp fires and other "oddities." I'm NOT a proponent of shroomage though. Just a geek trying to figure my experiences. I see the "floaters" also. I started a thread up on it but after some further research I'm still not sure what they are...  Sad

Beer is proof God loves us.  -- Ben Franklin

Live Free or Die!

Taking away the moments that make up a dull day...
The Astral Pulse

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: