The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 23, 2017, 21:34:45

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mind-split experience  (Read 913 times)
breadthless_length
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: July 11, 2002, 14:56:10 »

Hi everyone.

I’d just like to share an experience with you. It happened maybe 2 months ago but then I didn’t think it was significant enough to share – now I think otherwise. I believe that it demonstrates the mind split effect discovered by Robert Bruce and described in Astral Dynamics. I’m just going to copy from the journal in which I recorded the experience. When the experience became clearer I added a ‘Later Note’ about 12 hours later as I had been pondering on the experience throughout the day. Everything in bold is a direct copy from the journal (although I’ve corrected spelling mistakes – please allow me some dignity) http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile.gif" border=0>

Sound Induced OBE

The night that this happened (or maybe early morning) I was laying in my bed wearing cordless headphones listening to relaxing sounds (it was the sound or rainfall). This was probably what put me in such a relaxed state. After this finished I stayed lying in my bed and the bedroom light was on (I was fully clothed – as I only got in bed to relax for 5-10 minutes initially). I believe I started to feel the vibration sensations. I heard just one ‘Astral Noise’ (these had been what I really fear). I was able to ignore this noise and continue. I felt myself floating up out of my physical body. I remember very little about what happened in the next few (perhaps) minutes.

I was back inside my body. I moved my leg –an amazing thing happened! It wasn’t my physical leg that moved but my astral one. My astral body was completely inside my physical one and in a sense I had sensation of both bodies. I started to move my astral body feeling very sticky – at the time the word ‘elastic’ came to mind. There’s a void in my memory at this point. I was out. I was standing up in my bedroom. I was completely blind. Although I had great sense of where things were – I could even sense the light on my body but was unable to see it directly.

I wanted to fly – fly right out of the bedroom window. I started to run at it with the intention of jumping.  – This is when I felt fear –

ooOO(What if this isn’t an OBE? What if I jump through the window and fall to my death?!)

I was falling but stuck my arms out and started to fly. I was still without sight. I was flying I suppose 5/10 metres above the rooftops. At this time I remembered reading that when you move away from your physical body your sight will come…but it didn’t.

I remember nothing more…

LATER NOTE:

Upon further contemplation of this experience, I believe that I’ve witnessed the mind-split effect. I write this because I now remember laying in my bed and saying to myself, ‘The experience must have failed’.

Something I’d like to add is that in the last experience I remember having, I walked very stubbornly (there’s probably a better word for it). In this experience however  -- my walking skills seemed very refined.

Could it be that I’ve had many experiences which I simply don’t remember? If so, this may explain the way I was an accomplished mover (they say that practice makes perfect).

Looking back this really was a peculiar experience.

I don’t have many experiences and have never projected consciously. The reason is I’m quite fearful – a wimp you might say http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/images/icon_Smile_big.gif" border=0> I do often wake up in the middle of the night with the vibrations and paralysis but usually pull myself out of it before I get to project.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: