The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 23, 2018, 02:43:50

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: This is something that intrigues me, if you have ever seen your reflection in a mirror or other reflective surface while outside, what does it look like?
Identical to physical appearance - 5 (35.7%)
Minor differences (Different complexion, hair color, etc.) - 4 (28.6%)
Radically different - 1 (7.1%)
Don't even look human - 1 (7.1%)
Never seen a reflection - 3 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What does your reflection look like while projecting or having an OBE?  (Read 2824 times)
xp5000
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2010, 03:06:13 »

BTW, my appearance is only slightly different (Darker hair, very pale skin, so I have a very high contrast), but that's because I'm always in focus 10. So I wonder if it's different in other places or if the appearances are a reflection of something else.
Killa Rican
Astral Energy 3

KiLlA+RiCaN+814
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:25:43 »

Well during a False Awakening. I looked excactly the same so it didnt really trigger anything strange for me to appear lucid ~_~. THat is a good quesiton though and wonder what others see themselves as Smiley

For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice. ~Joseph Dunninger
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2010, 03:25:43 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Greytraveller
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 23:33:43 »

I can recall seeing my astral/ethereal body only once in a mirror during an OBE. Except for the (astral) clothing that I wore my astral body Was the same as my physical body.

Regards
Grey
CFTraveler
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 00:13:13 »

I've seen it a few times, and each time it's been different.  Once I was radically different, another time just a little different, and once I looked 'normal'.
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 21:37:39 »

That's interesting. Likewise for me, I've thought to check for my reflection 3 times and each time was different. The last time I seemed 'normal'; the second time I looked slightly out of focus and 'ghostly'; the first time was rather a shock as I appeared to be lacking an epidermal layer of skin, so what I saw was this mass of muscle and sinew, although it was not correctly arranged anatomically. The impression I got was "this is a big package of meat'. Very unsettling moment.

Several months back, in the Members Artwork section, someone posted a drawing of his reflection in a mirror and it was very similar to the 'meat package' image that I saw. It shocked me into remembering my own incident. The artwork is gone now, I guess lost when the Forum went down.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010, 21:37:39 »

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2010, 21:51:27 »

Your reflection will be whatever you subconsciously believe it'll be.  In most cases, it'll be what you fully expect... YOU.
It's a default reflection of your inner expectations.  If that makes any sense.  Smiley

With that said... I can't really remember a time when I looked at myself in a mirror in the non-physical.  Hmmm.

Timandra
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2010, 23:54:44 »

I never have seen a reflection of myself in the NP, but will try to have a look some time.   smiley

Some things have to be believed to be seen ~ Ralph Hodgson
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: