The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 17, 2017, 05:12:18

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Stimmt"  (Read 1618 times)
Telos
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2005, 15:29:16 »

(before lucidity)

In a dream and not knowing it, I was walking across a busy street with my backpack on towards the library. I saw my mother walking home from work. The library is near my house, as is my mother's work, so nothing was out of the ordinary. She asked me where I was going and I said, "to the library," and she walked with me the remainder across the street.

She said, "they're going to tear this whole place down soon."

I was like, "are you kidding? They just renovated it!" My mother reminded me that that happened more than 15 years ago. "Yeah, but, still that's not a very long time for..." I stopped as if to gasp that all the books were being removed.

We were walking into a "store" that they had set up, in order to sell or give away the books, complete with a ringer on the door and everything. Then, I saw my dog.

"Mom, tell me if I'm hallucinating.... do I see our dog over here?"

She looked over and smiled, "yes, that's her." But she hadn't been walking with us before. I picked her up to hug her, as is my custom, and carried her outside to bring her back home... thinking about how on Earth this could be real.

Then my dog was squirming in my arms, causing me to hold her up to the side of my head so that I could use it for support. Then I immediately felt as if I was lying in bed, on my side, with my pillow where my dog was. Luckily, I did not wake up, but said, "yep.. it's a dream alright." I put my dog down and let her run as she pleased. Then I walked back into the store.

(after lucidity)

Lucidity was never as it used to be. Instead of feeling awed, things just kind of became ... solidly unstable. Difficult to control.

My mom asked an old man sitting amongst the books a short question, and then went on browsing the other books. I went up to the old man, uncertain about whether he could help me. Things were becoming blurry, and I was going deaf.

I looked him in his eyes,  seriously and earnestly, strengthening my sight. "Can you teach me how to astral project?" I said succinctly. I figured any pointers would be helpful. He nodded and smiled somewhat, and began speaking in German. But I was still somewhat deaf.

"Auch(inaudible)....... (b?)leibe.. (be, de?) stimmt."

I heard the stimmt part alright, since it usually finishes a sentence or stands on it's own, meaning "correct" or "certain." I looked at him bemused, and put my focus into my hearing to strengthen it. This is when vibrations encircled my body, as if emanating outwards from my ears. It happened after my ears sort of gave in and "popped."

He shook his head slightly and said in heavily accented english, "Answer is the answer!" (ON-sah ist ze ON-sah!) And then said something about it in connection with the mind. I smiled, to let him know that I knew what he meant.

I tapped his arm gently, "thank you very much."

The rest of this is rather incidental, but I figured I'd tell you anyways!

(in a "higher" state)

I stood back, still vibrating, and arched my eyes upward to hold higher states. As I floated through the ceiling of the shop, things went black again, but I replaced it with what I wanted to see. Some lottery numbers!

The numbers appeared as if on a counter - not unlike that of an odometer. The numbers were spinning, and I stopped them on a selection through shear force of will. I tried to remember the numbers but, then the counter started spinning again and landed on a different selection. It even started acquiring more digits than what I had wanted.

Frustrated, I woke up, resolving that the "counter" technique is a bad one.

(afterwards)

There have been many times where I've tried this technique, and have seen the numbers land on multiple positions. I recorded all of them, thinking one of them might be right, but it always turned out that they were way off.

In retrospect, I think the German was saying the words bleibe bestimmt, which means, "remains certain," and that something remained certain. Hopefully, he meant my ability to project. ;)

As for the German himself, I was reading a book about Heidegger's and Husserl's monism before going to bed. I'll probably have to dig out my German-English dictionary a few times more. [Edit: Oh, and I did take a few German classes. This isn't an experience where I all of a sudden learned the language (although that'd be awesome).]
stone
Astral Energy 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 22:24:42 »

Telos,

Thanks for the vivid retelling of such an interesting experience.

I am often fascinated by the more "sentient" characters that appear in dreams.  It's as if they're indirectly or directly training us... or teaching us...

And they always stand out from the crowd.

cheers,
Stone
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 22:24:42 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

sunneysoul71
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2005, 15:52:43 »

Hello you two!

Telos: The "stimmt" part could take a slightly different spin. You stated that you also heard a "be" sound before it. There is a word in German "bestimmt" which means "surely" as in giving reassurance.

The *leibe part could only be "bleibe". You are correct on that one.
"Auch" means "also".

I have no clue what the old man was trying to tell you, though. The core of the sentence is missing.

I will say, however, that it is uncommon for a modern native German speaker to start a sentence with "auch". This is an old-fashioned way of speaking and you would find it in older literature.

Let me know if you hook up with the old man again.

All the best!

Michael

PS: Watch the spell checker go mad on this post.

The most dependable information on the six o'clock news is the weather report.
liquidreality
Astral Energy 2

snowrider0126
View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2005, 18:45:16 »

Telos that seems like such a vivid dream... you must be advanced with LD i still need help with that alot...

Ignorance is the result of the lack of motivation to learn
sweetbliss
Astral Energy 2

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 15:25:04 »

So, not only can he fly and visit people from other continents, but he can do such a 'terrible' thing like learning German... cheesy  cheesy

(No offense for any German native speaker  Smiley , I studied German myself and H. Hesse kind of saved my life once lol.)

Nice dream, Telos!
And I'm so curious about that old man in  the book shop, could you describe him a bit?

About your mother... It happens to me sometimes that my parents appear in my dreams, but I feel that they are not actually my parents as persons, but sort of archetypal ones. Like... maybe it's related to the degree we are able to dive in the unconscious: if we are still at the level of the personal unconscious, these characters appear like our parents, and if our attention shifts more towards the collective unconscious, they turn into collective representation, divine persons etc.
Anyway for me they are archetypal representations. An argument for this is that my relation with them is very harmonious, they seem to be free from any desire for themselves or conflict, they are just for me, to teach and support.
What do you think, can it be a similar situation?
Like the mother in your dream seems to teach you about a subtle understanding of learning (finally an allied against the limiting school system  Cool ?), that the book knowledge is only a step, but it is time to go over it and acquire another form of understanding. And here I was wondering whether this is a message for yourself or the announcement of a global transformation in the educational system smiley .

And the lovely dog is for me a form that your inner energy and strength took. Also, it's nice, you rose that energy above your head, or at least at the head level, so you did it!  Smiley

The old man seem to be sort of a Guide archetype, teaching you on an energy exchange basis. It seems that he, together with your mother, have activated a deeper hearing perception of yours. (Of course, it's not about hearing, but understanding, grasping.)

But the lottery numbers  huh / cheesy ... still I don't know what they are. And I don't' believe too much in this theory, that what we practice being awake influence the dreams, so there is no particular meaning. The so-called real world and the dream perspective are sides of the same psychic reality, so there must be a meaning. Any idea?

Nice dream!
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 15:25:04 »

Telos
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 20:09:05 »

Thank you for all of your replies.

Stone, I know just what you mean, to the point where I am convinced the more "sentient" characters must know me and are interested in me, for else would they be there? But I wonder if that's being presumptuous. ;)

sunneysoul, I appreciate your native perspective. Sorry I was too deaf to hear the bulk of what he had to say. Interesting that you said starting a sentence with "Auch" is old fashioned... maybe is it used in Enlightenment era philosophy?

liquidreality, dream journal dream journal dream journal!

sweetbliss, I always appreciate your thoughtfulness! I tend not to look too deeply into meaning or symbolism (I just end up confusing myself), so you've definitely given me a lot to consider. Aside from the clear metaphor of cleaning out a library as a change in one's personal belief systems, knowledge, memory, or learning etc., I'm not sure there's much meaning in this one. I doubt there will be any such global transformation of the educational system. That's even less likely than me winning the lottery lol. The old man was there because I was reading German philosophy before bed, and the lottery numbers... well, I just playing around. ;) And my mother didn't appear as anything very archetypal. She loves bargain-shopping, so she wouldn't be able to resist a library liquidation sale.

Stone, just to be clear with you, the old man didn't feel as "sentient" as many other sentient characters I've come across in previous dreams, so I'm hesitant to include him in that category. I say he barely fit. Just wanted to make that explicit.

I shared this experience mostly to see if it would help us understand vibrations more, perhaps how they come about as a response to a change in the senses? And the nature of this change of the senses? But that's no big deal, because not everyone experiences vibrations. Anyways, thanks again.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: