The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 24, 2019, 04:36:33

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Strange bird experience....  (Read 5592 times)
knightlight
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2005, 23:08:48 »

I was trying to sleep last night and before I fell asleep I entered a trance and tried to reach the aspect of myself that is blocking me in any way when it comes to OBE's etc.  I didnt contact anything directly but I figured if it was out there it was listening.  I basically told it to stop blocking me in any way and to help me instead.  I fell asleep shortly afterwards.  I had a strange semi-lucid dream where I was in my house and suddenly there was a bird flying around my head.  It swooped behind me and nailed me with its beak right in the base of my spine.  It hurt like a mofo and the bird flew around and did it again!  I became more lucid and decided it was tinkling me off so I made myself wake up.  I opened my eyes and I could see a bird sitting on my chair in front of my computer!!!!!  :ughh:

I stared at it, it stayed stationary and then slowly faded.  I then went back to bed and soon after the sound of my phone vibrating on something woke me up.  It sounded like my phone was sitting on the book next to my bed and vibrating on the plastic cover causing a racket.  My eyes shot open and my phone wasnt there, it wasnt even in the ROOOMMM!!!!   :WTF:

I think about it for a second and shrug it off and go to bed again.  This time the sound of someone saying my name through a kazoo wakes me up.  I am about to go batty and commit myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :poh:

I didnt think of the following things related to the experience until I typed the above and went back and read it a couple of times and thought about everything involved.

A)  When the bird pecked me it made me lucid.  It effectively was giving me access to a lucid dream but it was causing me pain and freaking me out so unfortunately I didnt take advantage of it.

B)  The bird in my room seemed friendly, is it that aspect of myself??  Did I effectively reprogram it?

C)  The book the phone sounded like it was vibrating on is Astral Dynamics of all books... like the book is calling me....   :reading:
Cue twilight zone music!

If anyone has any input that would be awesome!
 :feedback:

Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.
The Present Moment
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 04:09:28 »

I've had a couple of hallucinations after suddenly waking from a deep sleep. I wouldn't worry about it unless they are persistent.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 04:09:28 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

knightlight
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 04:32:44 »

I wouldnt say I am worried I just think the whole thing is a little more in depth than any of my previous overlay experiences and a little creepy.  I must say that my level of vivid dreaming and lucid dreaming has gone up.

Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 21:38:30 »

Hi knightlight

I think there is more to this than meets the eye...  :cyclops:

I wonder if the bird represents the blocking aspect, or perhaps it is the base of your spine that is the blocker?  Do you get backache?

Or it could be that the bird is telling you that the sensation of touch is important for lucidity.  That seems to be the case with me.  And perhaps it is telling you this so severely that it is hurting you?  I don't know, I try to work out my experiences cryptically if I can't understand them literally.  :dont-know:   Bird, beak, peck, back, spine.  Hmmm.

Seeing the bird in front of your computer - gosh, again, I don't know, perhaps it's another confirmation.  This bird is really trying to get something across to you.

The vibrating phone - I've had similar.  When I was astral (but still housed in my physical body) I once heard a taxi coming down the road at 3am.  I was utterly convinced it was a taxi, although I was dubious about why it would be there.  When I finally came round, the noise was my partner snoring.   :rolling:

And another time I was convinced I could hear an overhead fan.  Absolutely sure of it.  Even though I don't have a fan!!

The kazoo is hilarious - do you know that I had a lucid dream a while ago where my lucidity depended on my blowing on a kazoo?  I posted it on the forums.  How utterly bizarre.  If you do decide to commit yourself, let me know and we'll go together  :drunks:

I suggest you take a look at Astral Dynamics.  Get yourself nice and relaxed, think about the phone vibrating and either open the book when you feel ready, or see what number comes at you, and open the book at that page.

All in all, an interesting experience.  Keep thinking about it.

Sarah

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.
Heather B.
Astral Energy 3

eireyume yozakura357
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 23:20:45 »

Wow! shocked

I'm not sure what to make of that experience except that in my experience, birds often represent spirits.  I associate birds with my fiance's spirit, with the Holy Spirit, and with divinities and wise men/women from mythology.  I think it could have been a guide, or an aspect of your own spirit.  Or it could have been a symbol for something else.

Just curious, what did the bird look like?  Was the 2nd bird exactly like the first?  I have the image of a raven, because that's the symbol of both wisdom and foreboding (at least in the Euro-American tradition).  It could represent hard-to-accept wisdom, hard-earned wisdom, or wisdom gained through harshness, difficulty, or tragedy.  Or it could represent a metaphorical death--a major transition.  

I do think the book was calling you--rather literally perhaps! cheesy

I have yet to experience the false awakenings thing... it sounds very frustrating!

|*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*|
:sunny:  Heather B.
(formerly known as Almost Mrs. Murphy)

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

--Arai Akino, "Tsuki no Ie"
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 23:20:45 »

knightlight
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 23:54:10 »

Quote from: Sarah
I think there is more to this than meets the eye...

For sure!  I knew the more i thought about it the more I would uncover and I figured what a better way to figure it out than to post it and get comments on it!

I wonder if the bird represents the blocking aspect, or perhaps it is the base of your spine that is the blocker? Do you get backache?

I was wondering the same thing... I get the impression that the bird in the dream is blocking because it was black and seemed aggressive in nature.  I do not get backache normally and did I say spine?Huh  I guess I meant where the spine goes into the base of my skull if that makes any difference to anyone.

Seeing the bird in front of your computer - gosh, again, I don't know, perhaps it's another confirmation. This bird is really trying to get something across to you.

Well it was superimposed on the chair that is in front of my computer so maybe it was trying to tell me to sit up in a chair when I try to phase?

Or it could be that the bird is telling you that the sensation of touch is important for lucidity. That seems to be the case with me. And perhaps it is telling you this so severely that it is hurting you? I don't know, I try to work out my experiences cryptically if I can't understand them literally.  Bird, beak, peck, back, spine. Hmmm.

That does make sense because for me tactile sensations of any kind during a phasing attempt usually pull me in totally, it gives me something to grab onto literally!

The kazoo is hilarious - do you know that I had a lucid dream a while ago where my lucidity depended on my blowing on a kazoo? I posted it on the forums. How utterly bizarre. If you do decide to commit yourself, let me know and we'll go together

I remember reading that... I think that was one of the first experiences I read on here actually if I remember correctly maybe I should look that up?  It would be a pleasure to share a cell in a psycho ward with you, we could get alot done if we worked on phasing together!  :happy5:

I suggest you take a look at Astral Dynamics. Get yourself nice and relaxed, think about the phone vibrating and either open the book when you feel ready, or see what number comes at you, and open the book at that page.

Exactly what I was thinking... right as I read that the # 13 came to mind... 13th chapter?  13th page?  13th paragraph?HuhHuh??   :freak:   Thanks for the advice Sarah and keep the feedback coming!

Quote from: AMM
Just curious, what did the bird look like? Was the 2nd bird exactly like the first? I have the image of a raven, because that's the symbol of both wisdom and foreboding (at least in the Euro-American tradition). It could represent hard-to-accept wisdom, hard-earned wisdom, or wisdom gained through harshness, difficulty, or tragedy. Or it could represent a metaphorical death--a major transition.

I will try to find a picture, it was a bird I have seen before but I dont know the name.  The bird in the dream was like a crow but not.  It was black but it seemed almost like it was spray painted black or something.  I forgot to mention in the first post that during my dream my dad was there and he said something about my uncle dying but hes fine... maybe its a bit of a premonition!!  :nervous:   The bird in my room was small like a finch or chickadee and was almost cartoonish and seemed happy.

EDIT: This is what it looked like basically.  A type of Sparrow for sure, the head seemed bigger and more puffy though.

I do think the book was calling you--rather literally perhaps!

I know!!!!  That was the easiest part to understand and also the most bizarre.  I had to laugh!

Heather B.
Astral Energy 3

eireyume yozakura357
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 20:26:57 »

[Did] I say spine?Huh I guess I meant where the spine goes into the base of my skull if that makes any difference to anyone.

Actually, I think that might be quite significant!  I can't quote the source at the moment, but I very clearly recall reading that the medulla oblongata, or brainstem, plays an important role in astral projection.  According to this book, which was about OBE, that is where the "silver cord" connects the astral body and the physical body.  I remember using that information in a story I wrote once, so I know I'm not making it up.

Of course... I personally think the cord and the "astral body" are just constructions.  However, that part of the brain could still have a lot of influence on astral projection--whether OBE or phasing.  We should maybe try a Web search about this.  I'll let you know if I find anything...

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2005, 20:54:44 »

Quote from: Almost Mrs. Murphy
[Did] I say spine?Huh I guess I meant where the spine goes into the base of my skull if that makes any difference to anyone.

Actually, I think that might be quite significant!  

Oh wow!  That's great.  Tell us more when you have it Almost Mrs Murphy.

I have also been thinking about the change in position.  Cryptically that is.  Almost like a headache.  Or a hangover headache  cheesy

Either they're good (and I concur that I too have more experiences when I'm a little hungover) or they're bad and alcohol should be avoided.  Hah, what to do birds know anyway...  :evilbat:  

As to 13th something or other in the book - what have you decided?  Knowing me, I'd narrow it down to something so obscure so that it either HAD to mean something or it was my ego showing off.  So I'd say to my ego (I wonder if it would be my ego talking to my ego  cheesy )  "OK chaps, 13th line down on 31st page. 3rd word is totally relevant".  Now if the word turns out to be "the" or something just as silly, I'd still take it on board as a learning process for me...  :confused:  then again, I may wake up the next day and tell myself not to be so stupid and perhaps commit myself :crazy3:

That's it.  Nothing complicated.  One word.

And that's what I'd do.

But then I'm uncomplicated.  

Sarah

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.
knightlight
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2005, 03:23:57 »

Quote from: AMM
Actually, I think that might be quite significant! I can't quote the source at the moment, but I very clearly recall reading that the medulla oblongata, or brainstem, plays an important role in astral projection. According to this book, which was about OBE, that is where the "silver cord" connects the astral body and the physical body. I remember using that information in a story I wrote once, so I know I'm not making it up.

Thats interesting, I was also thinking about the pineal gland as well.  I will do some digging of my own.

Of course... I personally think the cord and the "astral body" are just constructions.

Me too, never seen the cord myself!

Quote from: Sarah
As to 13th something or other in the book - what have you decided? Knowing me, I'd narrow it down to something so obscure so that it either HAD to mean something or it was my ego showing off. So I'd say to my ego (I wonder if it would be my ego talking to my ego  ) "OK chaps, 13th line down on 31st page. 3rd word is totally relevant". Now if the word turns out to be "the" or something just as silly, I'd still take it on board as a learning process for me...  then again, I may wake up the next day and tell myself not to be so stupid and perhaps commit myself

My mind tends to simplify things easily so I only checked the 13th page and the 13th chapter as I dont think my subconscious would give me anything too hard to figure out, it knows me too well!  The 13th page is the beginning of the preface and the 13th chapter is about energy raising!  I have been having more experiences lately where I will and look at my clock, lay back and just sit and play with my chakras until I drift off again.  Maybe it is telling me to keep working on my energy body and develop my pineal gland???  I dont know...  I had my first OBE after day 2 of working with NEW and recently when I have been doing energy work at night I have more vivid dreams or spontaneous OBEs more frequently.  I guess it makes sense that way.  Maybe thats it???   :scratchy:

Heather B.
Astral Energy 3

eireyume yozakura357
View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2005, 05:29:56 »

Occasionally, I'll have projections where I get an intense buzzing/vibrating sensation at the back of the head, where the base of the skull joins to the neck vertibrae ... this is the area of the medulla oblongata (brain stem ... leads into spinal cord). Is this the same area you feel the discomfort? FWIW, I don't feel discomfort ... it just feels like there's a 20-lb humming bird buzzing against the back of my head!
--SOURCE:  http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/archive.php/o_t__t_2129__start_0__index.html

Normal sleep paralysis is thought to be due to mechanisms in the brain stem, particularly the reticular, vestibular, and oculomotor neurons, which prevent bodily movements, block sensory input and provide the forebrain with the internally generated activity that characterises brain activity during REM sleep. This is thought to be necessary to prevent the body from moving in response to dream stimuli. Eyes however are not paralyzed by this system, and this exception was used to prove that lucid dreaming was an objectively verifiable phenomenon.
--SOURCE: http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Sleep%20paralysis

And what was that thing attached to or stuck to the back of my head. It was in or at the medulla oblongata or brain stem area, at the rear base of my skull. I perceived a protrusion or rod like shape perhaps 5 inches long in my head at that area. It reminds me of the silver cord dilemma.
--SOURCE:  http://www.newagereseller.com/jonas/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=print;num=1076306328

It is true that in a variety of practices heat sensations can occur (both physiological and of more energetic unknown origin).  I experienced it a couple of times in lower back part of the head (medulla).  Yes, it can burn, but I have never experienced any unwanted side effects.
--SOURCE: http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18115

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

dmoney
Astral Energy 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2005, 05:59:43 »

Quote from: Almost Mrs. Murphy

Normal sleep paralysis is thought to be due to mechanisms in the brain stem, particularly the reticular, vestibular, and oculomotor neurons, which prevent bodily movements, block sensory input and provide the forebrain with the internally generated activity that characterises brain activity during REM sleep. This is thought to be necessary to prevent the body from moving in response to dream stimuli. Eyes however are not paralyzed by this system, and this exception was used to prove that lucid dreaming was an objectively verifiable phenomenon.
--SOURCE: http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/Sleep%20paralysis

I've had that happen once, it may have been the scariest thing to ever happen to me. i was almost asleep and i tried to move my arm, but my body wouldn't move and the more i tried to fight it, the number i felt and i got a ringing that was louder and louder every second, i finally said a quick prayer and was able to will myself free.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: