The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 15, 2018, 19:17:01

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summerland Revisited  (Read 21369 times)
Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« on: June 11, 2011, 17:38:21 »

Hi! This is the reason why I decided to call myself "Summerlander" in forums like these:

Some time around 2009:

"I entered the Phase post vibrations to find myself in an erratic replica of my house where I entertained myself by creating some thought-form objects. There was a clock on the hallway wall which was different to the one in actuality. I touched this metaphysical device, wondering if it contained some sort of mechanism, and felt its solidity. Then I noticed light coming from the large hallway mirror. I went through it and encountered a being who stood as though in the transition between two worlds. This being was humanoid in shape and I could not determine its gender. I wasn’t able to look at this character for long as I apparently shifted through the division marking the apparent dichotomy of two worlds after having entered the mirror-portal.

The entity smiled as I went through the mirror, and, on the other side, I found an unbelievable world! It had a serious emotional impact on me because it was so attractive and vibrant in colours. I also remember thinking: "I didn't imagine this". There were cottages and well-groomed trees that I was seeing from bird's eye view and I wondered who was inside. There was a vast magical forest adorned by rainbows and strange creatures flying over it. In the distance there was a golden city which seemed to blend with a multicoloured sunset sky where a vast river met the horizon. The smiling entity who stood between my illusory abode and this new and more settled mystical realm was nowhere to be seen now. It wasn’t just a visual experience. As I beheld it I felt love, harmony and so much happiness. It was a fairytale land, magical and mysterious and so alive. I still can't find enough words to describe it.

Then I felt myself being pulled back as though I didn't belong there or like something had teased me with it. When I woke up I felt extremely sad because I was no longer there. I opened the windows in my room to look at our world. The trees, the houses and the sky of our world is nothing compared to what I‘d seen. In comparison, our world looks somewhat like a decayed version of that vibrant wonderland. At the time I hadn't yet heard of the term “Summerland“ which is used to refer to an afterlife world by Spiritualist traditions. Weeks later I flicked through a book about the afterlife by David Fontana at my local library and found descriptions of beautiful cities, forests, rainbows and cottages (this struck a cord with me) by both the living who experienced OOBEs and NDEs, and the dead who allegedly came through mediums to tell their loved ones all about where they were.

According to the book, not all souls were in a happy place, but “Summerland” came up a few times as the appropriate name for the harmonious colourful worlds that were being described. I've never been one to like or think of cottages and it struck me that I saw them before coming across similar descriptions of Summerland. After that, I pondered over the idea of having come across another plane of existence populated by non-physical beings as much the possibility that I accessed an imagined world from my deep unconscious - possibly a thought-form construct that thrived from childhood after having been exposed to fairytales. This profound Phase experience made me fond of cottages and trees. It was an ideal world of many wonderful things which could have easily come from an innocent child's imagination and developed ever since, especially in an artistic mind such as mine, rather than becoming obsolete."

- Summerlander's Journal
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 17:45:50 by Summerlander » Logged
personalreality
Astral Energy 5

Something Profound

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 20:20:03 »

yea, summerland is a pagan name for the otherworlds.

be awesome.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 20:20:03 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 20:39:36 »

I see. There was a lot going on in my experience but I've never really read much about Summerland apart from what was in the David Fontana book. I think it was called Is There An Afterlife? - The book also referred to it as an "Upper Astral plane" or the "Plane of Colour". The "Lower Astral" was also called "Plane of Illusion". There were other spiritual planes of existence mentioned like the "Plane of Pure Light" otherwise known as the "Mental Plane". And then there were other 'cosmic' planes above that. The New Age view seemed to be well-documented. OOBEs, NDEs and lucid dreams were mentioned, of course - it wouldn't be a good book about the afterlife without mentioning that phenomena otherwise.

After my experience I decided to do an art piece in tribute to the experience. I don't think it's even close to capturing what I saw let alone what I felt. It was the perfect cure to psychosis. It conveyed beauty perfectly and the harmony was incredible. One thing I forgot to mention in my diary is that things radiated music too. I should really add this to my journal. I still remember those sounds as though coming from a thousand flutes combined with the chirping of birds. Here's the picture, btw:

« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 20:47:56 by Summerlander » Logged
urshebear
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 20:55:57 »

Thankyou for this Summerlander!!
That sounds amazing and I love the way you write so descriptive and with so much detail.
I always wonder where people get their usernames from lol
Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 20:58:00 »

Thanks, urshebear! Feel free to share with us where you got yours from! smiley
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 20:58:00 »

Astral316
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2011, 01:22:59 »

I love that picture, dude... captures the mystical earthy aura perfectly. Have you tried to return there?
urshebear
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 02:13:00 »

My username does have a little story behind it...

when my mum was pregnant with me she decided to call me Tempest but my dad had a dream that he had a newborn baby girl named Ursula and she could talk.
Anyway when I was born I cried out a really clear distinctive "mummy" my mum was really ticked cause she knew from that she had to name me Ursula Smiley

So later on my parents found out that Ursula means little she bear Cheesy
Ive been seeing and talking to a bear in my dreams for as long as I can remember and sometimes when I project I see him sitting by my bed watching over me.

Still dont know what to make of it and I know it sounds crazy but I cant help but love him because he makes me feel safe and I think I do the same for him..

People sometimes call me "ursh" as a nickname so urshebear is a combo of my name and the meaning Smiley
ether2
Astral Energy 3

PitBull Attitude Required-No Give Up-Love All=Care

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 03:18:35 »

yes that is a cool picture man...
i seen that over on AVers i think ya misses posted it(?), got the impression she did the picture, obviously not, you are good at ya pictures (art) no doubt about that, i've come across many artist that like to project and do things talked about on sites as this, so i looked into it around last year mmm interesting wonder if you know why, if not i'm sure you will one day...

good luck

love all

Don't Forget-Love All, Means To Care 4 all=being more ONE which is the highest of height of consciousnesses in the dimension we live in...love all doesnt mean cuddly cuddly

http://thewayitisether.wordpress.com/
sonoraroach
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 05:55:07 »

Wow your picture kinda gave me deja vu! I love it, its beautiful. It reminds me of a dream I had, I remember the three moons in a purple sky... one of my coolest dreams! trippy... cheesy
Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 19:41:26 »

I love that picture, dude... captures the mystical earthy aura perfectly. Have you tried to return there?

Thanks! I tried to return there but ended up in random places that did not convey the same emotions and weren't as brilliant. sad

So later on my parents found out that Ursula means little she bear Cheesy
Ive been seeing and talking to a bear in my dreams for as long as I can remember and sometimes when I project I see him sitting by my bed watching over me.

Still dont know what to make of it and I know it sounds crazy but I cant help but love him because he makes me feel safe and I think I do the same for him..

People sometimes call me "ursh" as a nickname so urshebear is a combo of my name and the meaning Smiley

That's cute, Ursh! smiley

yes that is a cool picture man...
i seen that over on AVers i think ya misses posted it(?), got the impression she did the picture, obviously not, you are good at ya pictures (art) no doubt about that, i've come across many artist that like to project and do things talked about on sites as this, so i looked into it around last year mmm interesting wonder if you know why, if not i'm sure you will one day...

Yeah, it was originally posted on AVers. It seems that a lot of the people into OOBEs on AVers are artistic too. I' ve no idea if there is a connection there...quite possible! cool

Wow your picture kinda gave me deja vu! I love it, its beautiful. It reminds me of a dream I had, I remember the three moons in a purple sky... one of my coolest dreams! trippy... cheesy

The sky was quite complex and multicoloured but pink and orange seemed to dominate. There was a lot going on...slightly confusing but beautiful to just take it all in or just to focus on a portion of the scenery. My drawing doesn't do it any justice to be frank. It is too deterministic, a travesty, a translation for the analytical mind or the waking self...it's a corrupt representation of what was experienced. I'm not sure if I'm getting across what I really mean but, something happened to me today which is sort of relevant and may serve as a weird example:

Today, at work, I was thinking about ways to improve memory. Then I imagined a scenario where I was being tested. In my imagination I was in a room and a person would come in wearing something that I would have to remember later. Another person would come in after that and I'd have to remember the details of what they were wearing too. I'd also have to remember their names and what order they came in. So I thought - how would I be able to remember it all? The answer came...I'd have to find a fun way to remember everything...

I started thinking that I could convert the memory into an interesting story where the people's names would be followed my nicknames that would match what they wore - example: Thomas Bluebow (blue bow/tie), and then Miss Amy Wineblouse (purple blouse) etc.

The story would develop with new subsequent characters as the "event" unfolds. This concept was devised in my head in a few seconds and I realised that, originally, in my mind, I had not thought of the details of the solution to improve memory. I had not thought of any specific names of people nor any type of clothing whatsoever. I merely thought this:

"TRIKKA TRENDY...PARA SHOOTER..."

Now this is what I found odd: "Trikka" is not even a name. "Trendy" is not a piece of clothing. When I generated this thought, it made perfect sense to me in my daydreaming mode and I knew its translation to be exactly what I've stated above:

But when I went back to reflect on the origins of the fun thought-solution, I found that it was less meaningful or almost lost in translation. I started to work out why "TRIKKA", why "TRENDY, "PARA" and "SHOOTER"...

Trikka could convey the idea of "trick" and tricks can provide solutions. Trendy, from "trend" can relate to clothing but also, it could mean exactly that - a trend - as in, "get used to applying this trick/method" in order to improve memory.

Para Shooter was translated to "parachute", which could convey a solution to stay out of the trouble of forgetting. Parachuting to safety can bring a sigh of relief.

I started to realise that the strange thoughts TRIKKA TRENDY PARA SHOOTER were archetypal and conveys the whole thing that I had in mind. It seems to be formulated in a type of consciousness of high entropy where abstract ideas manifest and can mean so many things but it eventually settles into low entropy consciousness where it means and becomes one thing only and thus more restricted! It becomes finite.

Perhaps there are levels of reality with infinite potential and closer to the abstract consciousness. Perhaps it all starts there and when we enter the Phase we can clearly see/experience these other potentials - the unborn reality! This could also explain why certain nonsensical dreams seem to make sense while we are in them but are hard to translate in the waking state or are deemed to be completely absurd.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 19:55:47 by Summerlander » Logged
Jilt
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 00:45:11 »

I had a fairytale-like experience like yours once and I'll always remember it too.

FYI there's a charming town named Summerland next door to the what I think is the most beautiful place in the world (Santa Barbara, California). It was named by the Spiritualist community that settled there at the turn of the century. It's aptly named since it's a magical area.
Lightning
Astral Energy 1

Mind Like Fire Unbound

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 05:07:54 »

Nice, so that's where your nickname came from  grin

It does look like some place out of a fairy tale. I can't wait to have my own experience visiting a place like that.

My name in the forum is related to the oldest LD (and possible projection) I recall. I was standing in my balcony, and the whole world outside was in complete darkness. Right in front of me I saw huge bolts of lightning, thousands of them. They were almost striking me, but I was standing still there, observing peacefully.

I saw lightning again in other dreams, and whenever it appears, everything else just stops and it feels like I'm witnessing a divine message. The feeling is powerful but not ominous, and I'm always calm during and after the event.

This fire that has gone out... in which direction from here has it gone?
sonoraroach
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2011, 06:38:14 »

I like your memory "trick" there, summerland! I get what you mean about dreams making sense and being absurd upon waking.... I also like the "unborn reality" analogy...this is the reason  I love this site, new ideas like that are great for my "learning experience" and they make me think beyond the limits. Very cool! I like all the posts I have read of yours, good stuff. I remember an awesome dream I had as a kid of a surrealistic beautiful scene with a silver winding road going up a mountain that appeared to have a beautiful temple at the top of the steep mountain. I tried to draw the dream but like you say, you cant capture it all, but it was still a cool picture, I wish I still had it. One reason I love your drawing is that it reminds me of that picture I drew years ago (I would seriously like put your picture on my wall if I had a copy Smiley) I think many great works of art were inspired by dreams, along with inventions, music, poems, etc. Dreamers are creative people in many ways... I think that creating a way to strengthen your memories of dreams would probably result in a flood of great ideas and creativity.... wow...were on to something...
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2011, 07:42:04 »

Yeah, the Summerland does indeed refer to the nethers. It was taken up again by the 19th century Spiritualists and Theosophists, and in vogue well into mid 20th century.

My name is the street I once lived on  wink

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic
Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2011, 18:24:41 »

I had a fairytale-like experience like yours once and I'll always remember it too.

FYI there's a charming town named Summerland next door to the what I think is the most beautiful place in the world (Santa Barbara, California). It was named by the Spiritualist community that settled there at the turn of the century. It's aptly named since it's a magical area.

Cool! Do you reckon these fairy-tale worlds are collective BSTs? I really felt like it wasn't mine. If Frank Kepple's model is correct, these worlds could have their existence in Focus 3 oC, possibly "up the tree" near Focus 4 - who knows. Maybe there are many "summerlands".

My name in the forum is related to the oldest LD (and possible projection) I recall. I was standing in my balcony, and the whole world outside was in complete darkness. Right in front of me I saw huge bolts of lightning, thousands of them. They were almost striking me, but I was standing still there, observing peacefully.

I saw lightning again in other dreams, and whenever it appears, everything else just stops and it feels like I'm witnessing a divine message. The feeling is powerful but not ominous, and I'm always calm during and after the event.

That's cool! You remind me of this:

I like your memory "trick" there, summerland! I get what you mean about dreams making sense and being absurd upon waking.... I also like the "unborn reality" analogy...this is the reason  I love this site, new ideas like that are great for my "learning experience" and they make me think beyond the limits. Very cool! I like all the posts I have read of yours, good stuff. I remember an awesome dream I had as a kid of a surrealistic beautiful scene with a silver winding road going up a mountain that appeared to have a beautiful temple at the top of the steep mountain. I tried to draw the dream but like you say, you cant capture it all, but it was still a cool picture, I wish I still had it. One reason I love your drawing is that it reminds me of that picture I drew years ago (I would seriously like put your picture on my wall if I had a copy Smiley) I think many great works of art were inspired by dreams, along with inventions, music, poems, etc. Dreamers are creative people in many ways... I think that creating a way to strengthen your memories of dreams would probably result in a flood of great ideas and creativity.... wow...were on to something...

Oh, man! I'm so glad I wasn't misunderstood there! Yes, these sites are great for sharing ideas and views! It's been a learning experience for me from the beginning. Also, you are spot on with the art thing...Salvador Dali is a blatant example! cheesy Also, my most recent art was influenced by my OOBEs. Btw, I'm planning to have my OOBE-art feature in the book that I'm currently writing, so, when I eventually publish it I will let you know - Summerland will definitely be there. wink

Yeah, the Summerland does indeed refer to the nethers. It was taken up again by the 19th century Spiritualists and Theosophists, and in vogue well into mid 20th century.

My name is the street I once lived on  wink

Stillwater Street or Road? Wow...it sounds so Buddhist! LOL! cheesy
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 18:37:13 by Summerlander » Logged
Jilt
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 20:42:57 »

Cool! Do you reckon these fairy-tale worlds are collective BSTs? I really felt like it wasn't mine. If Frank Kepple's model is correct, these worlds could have their existence in Focus 3 oC, possibly "up the tree" near Focus 4 - who knows. Maybe there are many "summerlands".

I realized right away this 'fairytale' world (in fact, I think I saw fairies) wasn't the average F3 location but I have no idea where it ranks on the scale. It was definitely surreal yet hyper-real (very technicolor and high-definition). Of note is that I wasn't able to enter this world, just observe it from a distance.

I haven't experienced anything like it again but hope to by raising my vibration while in the 'rushing through the black tube' phase. When I sing, chant, feel PUL in this stage I almost always end up at a lovely F3 location (although this morning I ended up on a spaceship full of humans that looked like they were from the 1950s and told me I had to leave - very odd).
Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 17:22:23 »

Hmmm...spaceship and other beings...I think the Phase also allows us to enter other realities made of different matter. You might have gone to an alternate reality made of dark or antimatter - can you imagine this!!! These theories are found in Robert Monroe's Journeys Out of the Body and Rick Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule. In the latter, you'll find reports of people who made contact with beings in other worlds and spaceships. I wonder how the "alternate humans" you encountered saw you...hmmm...
Lightning
Astral Energy 1

Mind Like Fire Unbound

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 21:18:50 »

That's cool! You remind me of this:

Ah yes  cool

Love the whole trilogy, not just the 1st movie.

Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2011, 09:36:11 »

The Matrix is one big lucid dream! grin
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2011, 13:48:44 »

The Matrix is one big lucid dream! grin
Actually, it would be one big "dream".  Not lucid, as everyone is just going about their business as if it was real life.  Smiley
It's the people who go into the "dream" that are consciously aware.

That's actually a good analogy to describe a dream vs an astral projection.

A Dream are the unknowing in the Matrix, the people who are just going about their day to day normal lives while in the Matrix.
An Astral Projection would be like the people who go into the Matrix, yet aren't part of the Matrix directly.  Smiley

Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 17:25:33 »

Neo = Astral Projects

Morpheus and Co = Lucid Dream

The people plugged into the Matrix = Vivid Dreaming

grin
Jilt
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2011, 19:35:45 »

Hmmm...spaceship and other beings...I think the Phase also allows us to enter other realities made of different matter. You might have gone to an alternate reality made of dark or antimatter - can you imagine this!!! These theories are found in Robert Monroe's Journeys Out of the Body and Rick Strassman's DMT: The Spirit Molecule. In the latter, you'll find reports of people who made contact with beings in other worlds and spaceships. I wonder how the "alternate humans" you encountered saw you...hmmm...

I've read all of Monroe and will check out Strassman. And yes, it occurred to me that what I observed as '50s humans in a classic flying saucer was just my translation of alien life in a form I could relate to without feeling fear. They looked surprised to see me and asked that I leave since "I was not of their dimension" so I hightailed it out of there. Perhaps I'll stick around next time and ask them more if I can reach that level again (I'm showing up in more and more interesting places now that I'm consciously raising my emotional state in the 'traveling tube' stage).
Lightning
Astral Energy 1

Mind Like Fire Unbound

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2011, 00:50:02 »

The people plugged into the Matrix = Vivid Dreaming

grin

A vivid dream... and that's what some people call this life.

Guess most of us will never find out till the day we wake up...

...dead! *cue Megadeth*  evil

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2011, 02:41:50 »

A vivid dream... and that's what some people call this life.

Guess most of us will never find out till the day we wake up...

...dead! *cue Megadeth*  evil
Actually, I would consider this a "dream awareness experience" because if it was "a dream" we certainly don't realize it.  Smiley

Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2011, 14:53:49 »

The Phase state is all about amazing experiences. Btw, Lightning, I like Megadeth too! LOL!
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: