The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 19, 2018, 18:57:47

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summerland Revisited  (Read 20961 times)
Lightning
Astral Energy 1

Mind Like Fire Unbound

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 06:25:10 »

Sounds interesting.

Gonna check out the videos soon, thanks for sharing.

This fire that has gone out... in which direction from here has it gone?
Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 19:05:50 »

Your welcome.  I've always found Sheldrake's view interesting...
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 19:05:50 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

David Warner
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2011, 23:54:36 »

Summerland,

I am not sure of your documenting methods, but I found it extremely useful to use Date,time of OBE, and Title and write about the experience. Also, categorize the type of OBE - EX: Dream to OBE, False Awakening, Wide Awake Induced.

A lot of people who start out projecting question when the next time it will happen. So by doing all these statistical tracking, it paints a clearer picture to focus on the good and the bad days of when, to try and project.

Hope this helps, but otherwise it looks like your on track.

Good work,

DW

InvisibleLight - Book Release 12.12.2012
www.invisiblelight.us
Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 15:13:18 »

Thanks David.  I was inspired by Robert Monroe in the way that I document my experiences.  At the beginning I completely forgot to date them.  Then I looked at Journeys Out of the Body and I thought that was a good way.  Now there is always a date...LOL   cheesy
Aims
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 03:58:19 »

Hello Summerlander,

You were granted a great privilege: to have a glimpse at some extraordinary reality that you yourself described of being of a higher order, a Higher Astral plane. Only rarely do mortals are permitted as observers there. It was not a coincidence you were let to see it, there was a purpose to it. You must have something in your spiritual make up which this experience was meant to intensify for your consciousness, providing this experience as a guiding beacon to steer you up internally as to where you should be aiming.

It does not appear thought that except for the initial recognition of the beauty, Love and harmony you saw there and maybe a bit of a nostalgia when you came to the everyday reality, anything much has bean steered up. Judging by the avatar you were previosly using, which was scary, fierce, and demonic looking, equally if no more scary as that of ether 2,  sadly, that experience has not right away changed you, has not “softened” you, has not made you more harmonious in your image. The image your avatar projected would not fit at all with the vibes of the Summerlenad you visited, is not of the same order, but appears to be more fitting with the low Astral reality. But I am glad to see that you havecchange it for your photo. So maybe it has changed you a bit afterall, or maybe the photo is serving some other material means, like making in this forum that would follow outside the farum for some other purposes (?). I hope it is because you are changing, to the better.

I don’t think you had even realized that you were placed by higher spiritual powers to face this dilemma and do something about it, to start changing, and changing rapidly in all aspects of your life, including the image of yourself as what you project to the outside world.

We are all spiritual beings and we all have a higher purpose. Are we fulfilling that purpose? Are experiences and stuff we focus upon making us more spiritual? Is astral projection making one more spiritual, or does there come a point where the astral experiences start deteriorating and one begins experiencing a lot of situations of being stuck in the walls and darkness, rather than attaining the light and beauty of the Summerland?

From you descriptions of your subsequent projections, one could sense a deterioration of sorts, even a remark in one of your posts about the wet dreams of a neighbor who you visited without their permission in your astral travel, leaves one with a sense of low vibes, rather than with any true spiritual advancement.

Other than that one experience of yours at the Summerland, I see no spiritual advancement or purpose with your further experimentations with the Astral projection and travel. It becomes experimentation, experiences that only serve a purpose to have  experiences, rather than growing into a truly advanced spiritual being. The preoccupation with these types of experiences and experimentations might even slow down one’s spiritual progress and journey.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2011, 04:13:30 by Aims » Logged
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2011, 03:58:19 »

Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2011, 12:37:30 »

You really believe that?

What about the possibility that perhaps my "summerland" experience stemmed from the fact that I was getting excited at the time at the prospect of astral projecting?  What if endorphins and endogenous DMT played a role?  What if these experiences are hallucinatory in nature?  What if that world was ACTIVELY imagined and has its source in fairytales that we read to me as a child?

I'm just pointing out other possibilities.  But your approach and interpretation is certainly interesting...

Btw, before I forget, my former avatar was not a demon.  It was a representation of a Jungian dream archetype: the trickster.  I've got more art like that if you are interested.

Whether sex in the phase is counter-productive to spiritual development of not is debatable.  I see sex as something that I greatly enjoy but deep down inside I know I could cope if I could never have it again.  You can still enjoy the things in life and still be enlightened IMO.  wink
Aims
« Reply #56 on: September 02, 2011, 17:24:25 »

You really believe that?

What about the possibility that perhaps my "summerland" experience stemmed from the fact that I was getting excited at the time at the prospect of astral projecting?  What if endorphins and endogenous DMT played a role?  What if these experiences are hallucinatory in nature?  What if that world was ACTIVELY imagined and has its source in fairytales that we read to me as a child?

I'm just pointing out other possibilities.  But your approach and interpretation is certainly interesting...

Btw, before I forget, my former avatar was not a demon.  It was a representation of a Jungian dream archetype: the trickster.  I've got more art like that if you are interested.

Whether sex in the phase is counter-productive to spiritual development of not is debatable.  I see sex as something that I greatly enjoy but deep down inside I know I could cope if I could never have it again.  You can still enjoy the things in life and still be enlightened IMO.  wink

Hello Summerlander,

As you know, astral worlds are of spiritual realm. If you did landed in spiritual realms, in that case I indeed believe that you were provided an opportunity by higher spiritual beings for a short visit to see for yourself the result of high personal vibrations and where that would lead.

Yes, you are correct, these experiences might simply be of dreams and childhood fairy tales, or some other memories and psycho states. In that case it has nothing to do with spirituality or even Astral planes, but one's own psychological make up. It would be no different than discussing your dreams with a psychologist or a psychiatrist, and although one gets a bit more understanding into one's personal reality it has really nothing much to do with an active spiritual advancement and path. For most, to engage in something like this, though you call it Astral projection, would be actually a waste of time and efforts, since it is of no value and does not raise one's vibes and therefore does not lead anywhere.

If you want to be a spiritually developed person, than even the act of sex, an activity not precluding spiritual grows if it is done as an act of love, with morality and dignity involved, can advance you. However, if you think nothing of barging into the private space of your neighbours, provided the experience was a real astral projection and not a dream, and even are expecting your neighbour's wife having a wet dream because of your astral visit, then your vibes have no spiritual footing and are of low order. These types of experiences would not make you grow spiritually.

I strongly believe that we are here in this physical world to progress spiritually. And we would really be wasting our time with activities that do not help us on this mission.

As for your previous avatar, the trickster is a dark entity or person. Somebody who tricks has low vibrations. The drawing appeared demonic to me and scary. No, I really do not want to see more of this type of scary images, do not want to pollute my psychi with low vibes. But thanks for offering to show your drawings.

Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #57 on: September 02, 2011, 18:09:01 »

Don't worry, I won't be putting up any more scary pictures!  wink

Btw, one can use these experiences to grow spiritually but there are also other practical goals to achieve with this phenomenon.  It is definitely not useful.  It all depends on what you want really...or sometimes...what you don't want:

http://obe4u.com/?page_id=10

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #58 on: September 02, 2011, 18:15:33 »

Aims,
It's important to realize that you shouldn't take your projections (or even your dreams, for that matter) literally.  There's nothing literal about what you experience in the non-physical... in my opinion, what you experience is an interpretation of experiences that are drawn from your direct experiences.  In other words, they're simply metaphors for what was actually going on.  Interpreting those metaphors correctly is a personal and individually unique thing.  Smiley

The "Summerland" that Summerlander experienced could have represented just about anything.  It's really up to Summerlander to determine it though... sure, it's cool to give suggestions and all, but in the end, it's really his opinion of his experience that is most important.

For example... Robert Monroe had his "Park" (at Focus 27) which he visited frequently.  I have no doubt that his "Park" was simply his interpretation of what he was experiencing.  If I was to visit "his" Park, I might not see a park at all... but something else I equate to the kind of area that he experienced there.  To me, it could be a nice sandy beach with people playing.  Or something else that I draw from my own personal experiences that I equate to "relaxation of the spirit, peace and happiness".    Smiley

Aims
« Reply #59 on: September 02, 2011, 19:16:01 »

If one is not to take one's projections literally, and if they are simply "what you experience is an interpretation of experiences" and not any reality outside of oneself, it appears to me that it is an activity where one is sort of "masturbating" with one's own experiences.

No doubt it could be useful and relaxing to indulge one's fantasies, to get lost in one's own fantasy world for a while. In the same way as people now en masse get lost in the video fantasy games. I am sure many find them relaxing and even a means of discovering oneself, or how one relates to the others and the surroundings, the fantasy ones and otherwise. Yet is this helping to fulfil one's mission with which one came to this physical world?
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2011, 19:34:53 »

If one is not to take one's projections literally, and if they are simply "what you experience is an interpretation of experiences" and not any reality outside of oneself, it appears to me that it is an activity where one is sort of "masturbating" with one's own experiences.

No doubt it could be useful and relaxing to indulge one's fantasies, to get lost in one's own fantasy world for a while. In the same way as people now en masse get lost in the video fantasy games. I am sure many find them relaxing and even a means of discovering oneself, or how one relates to the others and the surroundings, the fantasy ones and otherwise. Yet is this helping to fulfil one's mission with which one came to this physical world?
Nono, I'm not saying that what you experience is "fantasy" or "made up from your mind"... although in some cases, that *could* be true.  But, mostly it's not and depends entirely upon the source of what you're seeing, HOWEVER...

As a consciousness, you can only experience that which you experience within the paradigm of the sum of what you've experienced previously.  For example, describe to me what a "Dadipladouche" (I made that up btw LoL) is.  If you experienced a Dadipladouche in the non-physical how will you know it's a Dadipladouche?   Now, *I* know what a Dadipladouche is... so when I experience one, I have something from my experiences to draw from so that I experience a Dadipladouche.  If I didn't have the experience to draw from, it would appear to me as something as close to an interpretation that I have in my memory/experiences of something else.  If I didn't know what this mystical Dadipladouche was, and if it was a "big creature" of some kind, it might appear to me as a Dragon or a Dinosaur as just two examples.  Since that would be the closest matches that my consciousness could make in order to "define" it and make it "understandable" to me.

What you experience "IS REAL".  How you experience it is a metaphor... an interpretation based upon the sum of your previous experiences as something to draw from for that interpretation to take form.

Does that make sense?  Smiley

Aims
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2011, 00:14:50 »

Hello Ryan and Summerlander,

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no desire to experience any "Dadipladouche" or any such similar unknown things or entities.

I believe spiritual truths are simple and easy to grasp, if only our Ego did not stand in the way. Certain experiences are delivered from higher realms and should not be trivialized. We should not allow our Ego to do so. If we disregard such messages, there are consequences. Consider this quotation:

“If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.” Numbers 12:6

Summerlender without much realizing it, might have had such a prophetic dream concerning himself and destiny of those with spiritual aspirations. I simply wanted to point this out to him, regardless of whatever his Ego chooses to decide and believe this experience was all about.

I believe Adrian started this forum because of personal spiritual aspirations. But somehow, there is no spiritual focus in this forum at all.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2011, 00:46:16 »

Hello Ryan and Summerlander,

To tell you the truth, I have absolutely no desire to experience any "Dadipladouche" or any such similar unknown things or entities.
When you project, you open yourself up to everything the non-physical has to offer.  You don't really have a big choice in it.  You do have SOME choice, but not much.

I believe Adrian started this forum because of personal spiritual aspirations. But somehow, there is no spiritual focus in this forum at all.
The "MAIN FOCUS" of this forum is to teach beginners how to Astral Project.

I'm actually very baffled by your statement though... are you serious?  You see NO spiritual focus in this forum at all?  O_o

Aims
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2011, 01:46:15 »

Not really,

This forum gives me an impression of people aspiring to meditate on their own navel. Maybe some consider this spiritual…

I came periodically here and then I would always retreat. I prefer Adrian’s other forum, OUR ULTIMATE REALITY one, though it is a very slow forum, not as racy as this one.
http://www.ourultimatereality.com/forums/index.php
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2011, 02:18:55 »

Are you always this... crass?   huh

I'm terribly sorry that we don't live up to your expectations.
I can assure you that you're quite mistaken in your assumption though.

I invite you to stick around, read some more, take some more in... then if you still feel that way, feel free to not post.  Smiley

Aims
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2011, 02:50:51 »

When you project, you open yourself up to everything the non-physical has to offer.  You don't really have a big choice in it.  You do have SOME choice, but not much.

Crass??? Did I offend you or your ego by stating exactly what I think? There might be others who are reticent to say what they think...

What scares me in your statement above, one has no choice? I certainly would not like to be in a position where I have no choice, especially concerning spiritual matters. Even God gives free choice to everybody. Maybe this is what keeps me reticent about the astral projection business, because one does not really know what one is getting into and has no choice. One can be exposed to forces beyond one's comprehension and ability to protect oneself from. This might not simply be like playing an imaginary video game, but actually something, the forces, we should not be dealing with at all if we aspire for a Summerland. And we certainly always have a conscious ability to choose what we aspire for, and to move in that direction and even achieve it without any practices that have a potential to expose us to a lot of situations where we have no choice or control, and which might even detract us from our principle goal.

Life is simply too short... there are too many distractions...
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2011, 03:25:22 »

Crass??? Did I offend you or your ego by stating exactly what I think? There might be others who are reticent to say what they think...
Aren't you just the charmer.  Wink

What scares me in your statement above, one has no choice? I certainly would not like to be in a position where I have no choice, especially concerning spiritual matters. Even God gives free choice to everybody. Maybe this is what keeps me reticent about the astral projection business, because one does not really know what one is getting into and has no choice. One can be exposed to forces beyond one's comprehension and ability to protect oneself from. This might not simply be like playing an imaginary video game, but actually something, the forces, we should not be dealing with at all if we aspire for a Summerland. And we certainly always have a conscious ability to choose what we aspire for, and to move in that direction and even achieve it without any practices that have a potential to expose us to a lot of situations where we have no choice or control, and which might even detract us from our principle goal.

Life is simply too short... there are too many distractions...
It kind of sounds like you're not quite ready for astral projection... you're letting fear dictate your path.  If you can move past that and give it a try regardless, you can minimize any negativeness you might run into by exploring with only Good Intentions in your heart.  Smiley

Aims
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2011, 13:47:12 »

I think you are missing my point. It is not a question of fear but of spiritual aim and purpose. It is like getting caught in trivialities and missing all together the grand design and what one really should be deeply concerned about and work for. There might not be all that much time left, really... to make ones choices and decisions and to establish on which vibration level one is going to end up...

Where your thought goes, this is where your spirit goes. Does it go to "Dadipladouche"?

The spirituals realms were revealed to us in ancient books and are known. God had spoken to may ancient prophets and revealed the spiritual truths. So there is no point really in being preoccupied to experience any lesser vibes such as discovering any "Dadipladouche" or such.

The interesting fact is the God chooses to whom he speaks of his truth. And when that happens it should be greatly valued, and this was my point to Summerlander in case it had happened to him. This is why I decided to speak at all in this forum, not because I want to experience "Dadipladouche". I'd rather aim to experiencing the Summerland.

Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2011, 15:45:01 »

I think you are missing my point. It is not a question of fear but of spiritual aim and purpose. It is like getting caught in trivialities and missing all together the grand design and what one really should be deeply concerned about and work for. There might not be all that much time left, really... to make ones choices and decisions and to establish on which vibration level one is going to end up...

Where your thought goes, this is where your spirit goes. Does it go to "Dadipladouche"?

The spirituals realms were revealed to us in ancient books and are known. God had spoken to may ancient prophets and revealed the spiritual truths. So there is no point really in being preoccupied to experience any lesser vibes such as discovering any "Dadipladouche" or such.

The interesting fact is the God chooses to whom he speaks of his truth. And when that happens it should be greatly valued, and this was my point to Summerlander in case it had happened to him. This is why I decided to speak at all in this forum, not because I want to experience "Dadipladouche". I'd rather aim to experiencing the Summerland.
That sounds like a "fear" to me.

In any case, you won't *know* until you try.  Wink

Summerlander
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2011, 17:55:06 »

I don't know what that place was.  I call it "Summerland" because it is similar to descriptions I found of that afterlife world in Theosophy and Spiritualism.  But believing it to be an afterlife realm is an interpretation.

This is quite rhetorical and obviously written with the intent to draw masses together to support one interpretation too:

“If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.” Numbers 12:6

The truth is, nobody knows what it was that I and others have experienced.  There is no certainty.  Yes, it seemed magical, colourful, harmonious, loving...but was it anything divine?  Don't certain drugs make you experience similar things (bright colours, awesome hallucinations, dramatic changes in mood etc.)  What about the correlation between the release and activation of certain hormones and neurotransmitters and how an individual feels?

Another thing that sprung to mind.  When I returned to wakefulness from that amazing world, I felt extremely sad because I wanted to be there forever.  In a way, such experienced seemed to feed my ego, I felt driven by desire, I felt deprived of something great - like a child who had his lolly taken away, and, in that sense, it was spiritually counter-productive.

In Buddhism, nirvana is beyond spiritual development.  It is simply the annihilation of Self and the cessation of being.  Although it promotes altruism, the pursuit of such state should NOT be motivated by ego.  Also, the thought of nirvana sounds dreadful to most.  Why should I be concerned with where I am headed spiritually if being concerned means that I worry and I'm scared about where I'll end up?  I think the best way is not to worry.  Do what you like and just believe that there is nothing that will punish you.  The punishment will come from yourself if you believe that you should be punished for something that you've done.  

As long as you are not hurting anyone then everything is fine.  You are only truly free if you don't concern yourself with possible destinations.  If you don't worry about where you'll end up then you are truly free.

I could be told by St Pete that I'll be sent to hell, and if I want, in my mind, that wouldn't bother me.  Hell is only hell if you make it so.  If it is unpleasant at first, rather than see it as doom and gloom, you can see it as a challenge and make it fun in your mind.  If the situation is entrapment and desperation erupts...just give up and let nature take its course.  Build resistance to the pain.  If the demons get you and it means that it is the end of you...so be it.  In the end, hell only exists in the mind and it will be there for as long as you allow it too.

As the Roman philosopher Seneca once said:
"You must want nothing if you wish to challenge Jupiter who wants nothing himself."

« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 18:00:19 by Summerlander » Logged
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2011, 19:45:00 »

Pretty much... the best we can say is, "I don't know".  Smiley

If you can learn to live with uncertainty, you can learn to live with "I don't know" as an answer.

Aims
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2011, 02:17:31 »

Hello Summerlander and all,

The need and drive for spiritual advancement and for a personal spiritual journey progression upward does not come from one’s Ego but from one’s Higher Self. The longing for such advancement and desiring to reach the sublime planes, the nostalgia for it also comes from the Higher Self. One has to desire the spiritual growth, that’s one and only way to get on a spiritual journey. One has to choose it and desire it, desire to reach the highest sublime heights. This has nothing to do with Ego. In fact, one’s Ego could be the strongest deterrent to such a desire and to one’s  spiritual advancement, because it likes to play games with your mind.

Many people who had near death experiences reached some place not unlike as what you described as Summerland. They did not want to leave, but were sent back, and they also experienced a deep sense of nostalgia for that place. This experience changed their lives. Not all near death experiences are like that, some are truly hellish.

So basically one has to chose, and then deeply and sincerely desire to achieve their spiritual heights’ goal, and then restructure their inner and mental reality accordingly. That's the only way.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2011, 02:20:08 »

That's the only way.
The only thing I have to say is... beware of ultimatums. 

Aims
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2011, 02:33:50 »

Yes, it is the ultimate goal that has to be deeply desired to be able to achieve it.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 02:42:06 by Aims » Logged
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2011, 03:46:40 »

No, I mean beware of people who say "<so and so> is the ONLY way".
It shows a closed mind.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: