The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 19, 2021, 06:25:01

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two interesting OBE experiences !!!  (Read 998 times)
ralphm
Astral Energy 4

View Profile Email
« on: July 25, 2004, 04:14:41 »

weird stuff tends to happen in the obe state. My latest theory based on my experience and reading is the more energy/awareness you have in the RTZ state the more what you see correlates to what is actually there.
For the second experience you could also have the option of time travel-maybe these people were there at some past or future time? What I see never fails to amaze me and is never easy to label as obe/rtz/lucid dream.

In the world in general and in this nation
May not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard.
May virtuous qualities, merit, and prosperity greatly increase
And may continuous good fortune and subline well-being perfectly arise.
psych0naut
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 05:21:16 »

Just following up on my second experience below now that I could objectively verify some facts.

The family next door returned home from their trip.  I asked the oldest boy: "Were there lots of people staying in your grandparents house with you?"  His reply:  "I didn't stay at my grandparents house, I staying in a church and there were like 90 people there."  My response: "Where did you sleep?"  Him: "On the floor"  Me: "In a sleeping bag?"  Him:  "Yeah."  Me: Wow!!!

So it turns out that although I had no way of knowing he was out of town, or staying somewhere with lots of other people present, or sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor, I experienced that reality in my OBE/LD and it turned out to be spot-on!  

I intend to have OBE's more often!  I'm going to make and charge a talisman with the intent of producing more frequent OBE activity.

Regards,
psych0naut
(((-_-)))
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 05:21:16 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

psych0naut
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2004, 18:36:57 »

I've had two very interesting OBE-like experiences recently and I'd like to post a narrative here.  I'd love to hear any thoughts/opinions about my experiences and how I might have these more often.  Here we go:

The first experience happened thusly:

I had arisen to go to the bathroom around maybe 3:30am.  When I lay back down in bed rather than falling asleep I felt the sinking sensations characteristic of trance and had the feeling that my face was streeeetching out and then that I was rising towards the ceiling of my bedroom, turning counter-clockwise as I rose.  My expectation was that once I'd penetrated the ceiling I'd be floating above my house but instead I found myself in my attic.  I was a bit frightened and once I reached the ceiling of the attic I snapped back into my body.  I found this experience interesting for three reasons:

1.  The continuity of consciousness between laying down and having the OBE suggested to me that it was not a dream.

2.  The fact that rising through my ceiling gave me not the result I was expecting but rather the correct result that would have occurred had I actually passed through my ceiling further reinforced the seeming reality of the experience.

3.  I had never been in my attic before and upon inspection the following day I found the attic to look exactly as it did while "out of body".

Sooo....that was the first experience.  After doing some practices from the Astral Dyamics book I mentioned I eventually had another experience.  This one was much more involved but arose from the sleeping state rather than being a fully consicous OBE so this left me thinking it might have been a lucid dream or perhaps an *astral projection* as opposed to a *real-time zone projection* to use the nomenclature of Robert Bruce.  Here's a transcription of the second experience:

At some point in the very early morning I became semiconscious and felt myself float out of my body and come to a rest at the foot of my bed.  Very excited to be in an OBE!!!  Left my bedroom by passing through the northern wall and then floating down into my back yard.  Decided to float into neighbor's house to check things out.  I had the perception that there were lots of people there, like they were having a party or a sleepover.  I found a boy who seemed to be sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor.  Remebered I should keep my initial OBEs short so I decided to return to my body to I could have a conscious entry.  Floated out of his house and back into what I thought was me bedroom but there was a mirror on the wall - as in my office.  I decided to look at my projected-self in the mirror.  I saw myself floating, bobbing up and down and side to side and it did look surprisingly like me but a bit different.  I decided to try to pass through the mirror to enter an anomaly but I bounced off the mirror.  Tried to pass my left arm through but the mirror felt solid.  Returned to my bed and saw my body laying there.  Tried to enter through my abdomen and then awoke and found myself back in my body.  Got up and transcribed this experience.  FOLLOW-UP:  The next day I found out the neighbors I'd intended to visit were actually visiting relatives in another state and the house was empty.  Could my intention of visiting them have transported my projected double to their relatives house?  Would this explain why there seemed to be so many people present in the house?  When the boy returns I will ask him if there were lots of people in the house where he was staying and also where he slept (sleeping bag?).  INCONSISTENCIES:  It was dark outside during this experience but early morning light when I awoke in my body.  Seemed that the mirror was in my bedroom but this is, in fact, not the case.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: