The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. August 22, 2018, 17:07:55

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you remember not to move when waking up?  (Read 1388 times)
Sp3ctral Sh4dow
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2018, 09:33:44 »

Hey guys, I haven't posted as much because life's been getting busy but I can finally balance it now so i'm starting to practice aping more which I missed  grin

I'm trying to phase by just waking up, not moving my body, then looking at the blobs behind my eyelids to hopefully astral travel or convert a LD into one. What's a good way to remember to not get out of bed when you wake up/remember to remain still?

Any tips i'm down to try it out and thanks for reading!

"If you fall, i got you." - The floor
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 13:10:36 »

Well, it's not quite enough to simply wake up and not move.
I mean, yes, you could do that and hope to have some success... BUT, by far the best and most effective way is to wake up without opening your eyes or moving.

If you can do that, I can almost guarantee that you'll be back in the non-physical almost immediately.

As for HOW to remind yourself to wake up slowly like that... I've always done it by accident, usually while coming out of an experience already.
Maybe try wearing a sleep mask?  Or affirmations at night to remember to wake up slowly keeping your eyes closed and body still?

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 13:10:36 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

ThaomasOfGrey
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 04:49:27 »

I think its just a habit that is built with repetition and the momentum of consecutive mornings attempting it. You might start the ritual by making remembering your dreams the first thing you do each morning. As you get into that habit you will find you not only remember the dreams more easily but will become aware at the ends of them more often. As the "earlyness" of your awareness is moved back further you might reach the point of being able to control wakeup without opening your eyes.
Xanth
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

Kitten of Terror says MEOW!!!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 10:18:02 »

Give this short article a read:  http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2010/09/26/phasing-method-dont-open-your-eyes-when-you-wake/

Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 21:07:12 »

I can't add much to the excellent advice already given, but if it hasn't been mentioned in Xanth's article, waking up naturally (i.e. without the use of an alarm clock/radio) is also beneficial.

The one thing that you can do if you have started to think about waking life or even opened your eyes is to snuggle back down. Then try to remember your dreams. Recreate them in your mind. If you have no recall, then go through the people you know. It may be that one of them was in one of your nightly adventures and it will trigger a memory. I sometimes make my mind become elastic and 'reach' for dream memories. If you are only getting a vague memory of food (for instance), then imagine scenarios involving food such as restaurants, banquets, cooking, kitchens or even being on a hunger strike.

As you are doing this mental exercise, relax your body lower and lower and lower...eventually getting your mind to 'drop' as well.

With practice and patience, you'll soon be able to wake without moving/opening eyes. And your dream recall should dramatically improve. And if you get really good at it, you may find that you can re-enter a dream that you've already woken up from - that's pretty cool.  cool

We all find nonsenses to believe in; it's part of being alive.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 21:07:12 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: