The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 22, 2020, 00:17:48

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well that was a little frightening!  (Read 1120 times)
bentheogen
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: April 06, 2003, 17:56:55 »

i kind of new to this, but what you described sounds familiar to my experiece.
i was focusing on the aura around my hand and eventually my hand seemed to disappear (in my peripheral view). then the same thing happened to my whole body after a while. it felt as if my body.. me... was no longer their + a feeling of severe vertigo 9which i have anyway). that's when i stood up too lol. it was night and i wasn't expecting it either.
smiley
i'm so glad summer's nearly here as i can't wait to try on a really nice bright day.
b
Casper_Spilly
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 19:13:39 »

quote:
Originally posted by bentheogen

was no longer their + a feeling of severe vertigo 9which i have anyway). that's when i stood up too lol. it was night and i wasn't expecting it either.

Severe Vertigo, that's a good description. I think that's what was the most frightening for me, sort of a nauseous disorientation. I just got up from a 1 hour meditation session and was able to almost get to that point again, not quite though.

Does this experience sound about right to some of you frequent flyers?
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2003, 19:13:39 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Casper_Spilly
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2003, 04:02:47 »

I was just meditating for about 45 minutes when I began to melt (so it seemed). I've never experienced any of the classic pre-projection symptons up until now.

Tell me if this sounds familiar-

Meditating, very much aware of my surrondings, cars passing by outside etc. My thoughts were teetering between the sensations produced by my skin and the big void. Suddenly I begin to "feel/see" a mixture of colors accompanied with almost complete loss of physical sensation... my eyes for some reason began to flutter very rapidly (a little like REM, except it was really difficult to stop them from opening all the way) until I began to get a little frightened and stood up. The thing that startled me the most was the sensation of disintegration! The oddest part was how aware I was of my surrondings the whole time. It's nighttime here now so I may heed to Robert's advice about practicing during the day until I'm a little more comfortable with the whole thing.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: