The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. September 23, 2020, 07:47:21

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What do I do next?  (Read 1572 times)
fredhedd
Astral Energy 4

fredheddd
View Profile Email
« on: December 08, 2002, 14:06:27 »

what position do you take meditating and what kind of meditation do you do?  we can help you w/ any problems you encounter but its really best to just read through this site.  there is a great treatise on oobe that robert wrote.  you should be able to find it from the main page.

debbi01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 05:38:29 »

Hi Fred,

Thanks for your reply. I mostly mediate while lying down. I tried sitting in a comfortable chair, but I feel too confined. As for method, I am just in the experimenting phase and do a lot of deep breathing and relaxing. I don't seem to have too much trouble getting into the trance state, it's after that where I haven't been able to move further (yet!). I will take your advice and do some reading here on the site. Perhaps I can find a better method.

Debbi smiley

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2002, 05:38:29 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Frank
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 08:51:49 »

Debbie: what you describe comes across as being about normal. If you want to work towards having a full-blown obe then you are going to have to get used to all manner of (what feel like at first) weird bodily sensations.

It is normal for you to see all kinds of swirls of colour, flashes of lights, and so forth. Which can often be accompanied by all kinds of sounds that can range from the odd popping or banging and stomping sound to hearing bells, chimes, tearing and ripping sounds, and even voices, plus whatever else I may have missed out.

Bodily sensations can range from feeling a slight shift, to a sensation of falling or rising at great speed. Together with feelings of pressure and vibration that can appear almost anywhere. But I mainly feel pressure around my back (sometimes) and vibrations coupled with pressure at the top of my head (almost always).

When (for want of a better term) my Crown Chakra activates the top of my head buzzes to the extent that it feels like my brain is vibrating from side to side. Which it isn't literally, but that's what it feels like. And often the pressure becomes such that I think my skull will burst open.

But it's all a very normal part of the traditional process.

If you find this sort of thing uncomfortable and feel you just can't go through with it, perhaps look at the Moen school of doing things as a starter. Then maybe come back to trying the more traditional ways. But if you have only recently started and are already getting such positive results, then I'd stick with it if I were you. Because it sounds like you have a knack for it.

Yours,
Frank

debbi01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 22:46:03 »

Frank,

Your words are very comforting. I did feel like my head was going to explode (for lack of a better term) and thought I may be doing some physical damage by continuing. However, if these feelings are all part of the pre-OBE, then I will learn how to manage them so they don't shock me so much.

I guess most "newbies" question what feelings are normal. I have read up a lot on what's supposed to happen, but it didn't totally prepare me for what really occurred. If I get stuck again I'm glad I can post on this board and will get some great advice smiley

debbi01
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 18:33:09 »

Hello,

I just found this forum, so I apologize if this topic has already been covered. But I do need some advice. I have recently started to meditate, and have experienced the beginnings of an OBE. The first time the feelings scared me and I brought myself out of it. But last night I got myself into a deep trance again and then my head started to "burn" and tingle so forcefully, and I could see white patterns flying all over the place with my eyes closed. The feeling on my head was so incredibly intense, I guess it startled me and I gradually came out of the trance. My question is, what do I do when I get into a state like this? Is there a next step to take to having an OBE? I felt like I was just waiting for something to happen and it felt imminent, but also very frightening. I kept telling myself to "banish the fear" and move past it. That helped a lot, but I don't know what to do next, or what to expect. If anyone has advice, I would love to hear it. I don't want to give up as this whole area intrigues me, and I know I can get somewhere if I have the right tools and mental attitude. Thank you!!

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2002, 18:33:09 »

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: