The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 14, 2019, 10:24:00

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wierd Phase...  (Read 1102 times)
knightlight
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2005, 05:15:36 »

Before going to bed last night I did a bit of noticing and had some strange pulsings of light and slight images appear and drifted off.  I started in a dream, a very archetypal dream, one where my teeth fall out.  I used to have these dreams alot and they where always the most vivid, 2nd only to my nightmares.  

If you havent had one of these dreams thank the stars.  Usually it always starts with one tooth and then before you know it your swishing and rolling all your teeth around in your mouth while the taste of blood overwhelms your senses and all you can hear is the clicking grinding sound of your teeth in your mouth.  Its even worse when you spit them out and your hand is covered in blood and a huge pile of teeth is laying there.  OK... ok... sorry for the horrific description but its something that has haunted me for a long time.  The point is I always would think when I woke up "WHY THE *&(& DID I NOT GO LUCID?!?!?!"  Its not like my teeth have a habit of falling out of my face on a regular basis.  Well last night I began to have another one of these dreams.  I was sitting in my room talking with my dad and suddenly I could taste the blood.  I could feel the tooth shifting and I grabbed it and pulled it out.  Other teeth started to loosen and suddenly for the first time in my entire life I realized what was going on.

I started laughing and said to my dad "hey!!!  I must be dreaming!  This is so awesome!"  and I pried another tooth free and looked at it.  It was all so real, no separation from this dreamscape and reality.  My dad just sort of sat there.  I reached into my mouth and started pulling teeth out, swishing my tongue around and spitting them into my hand.  I just kept laughing and wondering over it all.  I threw the hand full of teeth to the ground just as my mom walked into the room.  I turned to her and said "Hey there mom, dont mind me, I am just dreaming one of those damned tooth falling out dreams.  I think I'm going to go and do something fun now, all my teeth are out anyway."  and I tried to walk through my kitchen counter.  

Solid.  I couldnt push through it.  My stomach hurt as I jammed it into the counter.  I looked over my shoulder and my parents where watching me.  I said "Ok.... I hope I am dreaming...."  and headed towards the door.  

Suddenly I am awake, but not if you know what i mean.  I sit of slowly in my bed and instantly know it is a false awakening.  I look at my lamp and behind it on the wall is a strange little furry creature shaking and moving.  I start laughing uproariously and am so overjoyed by the experience.  Suddenly in my minds eye I see a satanic teddy bear walking next to my bed.  I can see it get closer.  I turn to look to see if it is there and I suddenly am in a grocery store.

Things get fuzzy at this point as I started to loose lucidity.  I remember only a few still images and not much else.  Strange experience but fun.  I always have fun whenever I am 100% lucid.

Heres some info on teeth dreams from dreammoods.com, I dont know how accurate this is considering it, of course, is sweeping and ambiguous.

"My Teeth Are Falling"

Dreams that your teeth are falling out are the most common dreams we here at Dream Moods receive. Common dream scenarios include having your teeth crumbling in your hands or your teeth falling out one by one with just a light tap. Such dreams are not only horrifying and shocking, but often leaves the dreamer with a lasting image of the dream. So what does it mean?

One theory is that dreams about your teeth reflect your anxiety about your appearance and how others perceive you. Sadly, we live in a world where good looks are valued highly and your teeth play an important role in conveying that image. Teeth are used in the game of flirtations, whether it be a dazzling and gleaming smile or affectionate necking. These dreams may stem from a fear of your sexual impotence or the consequences of getting old. Teeth are an important feature of our attractiveness and presentation to others. Everybody worries about how they appear to others. Caring about our appearance is natural and healthy.

Another rationalization for these falling teeth dream may be rooted in your fear of being embarrassed or making a fool of yourself in some specific situation. These dreams are an over-exaggeration of your worries and anxiety.

Teeth are used to bite, tear, chew and gnaw. In this regard, teeth represent power. And the loss of teeth in your dream may be from a sense of powerlessness. Are you lacking power in some current situation? Perhaps you are having difficulties expressing yourself or getting your point across. You feel frustrated when your voice is not being heard. You may be experiencing feelings of inferiority and a lack of self-confidence in some situation or relationship in your life. This dream is an indication that you need to be more assertive and believe in the value of your own opinion.

In the latest research, it has been shown that women in menopause have frequent dreams about teeth. This may be related to getting older and/or feeling unattractive and less feminine.

Traditionally, it was thought that dreaming that you did not have teeth, represent malnutrition which may be applicable to some dreamers.

Other Perspectives

A scriptural interpretation for bad or falling teeth indicate that you are putting your faith, trust, and beliefs in what man thinks rather than in the word of God. The bible says that God speaks once, yea twice in a dream or a vision in order to hide pride from us, to keep us back from the pit, to open our ears (spiritually) and to instruct and correct us.

In the Greek culture, when you dream about loose, rotten, or missing teeth, it indicates that a family member or close friend is very sick or even near death.

According to the Chinese, there is a saying that your teeth will fall out if your are telling lies.

It has also been said that if you dream of your teeth falling out, then it symbolizes money. This is based on the old tooth fairy story. If you lose a tooth and leave it under the pillow, a tooth fairy would bring you money.

(Thank you to Brook who emailed us with the biblical significance of teeth dreams and to Eleni who shared the Greek perspective. Anna contributed her mother's story about teeth and money).

Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.
Heather B.
Astral Energy 3

eireyume yozakura357
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 17:10:47 »

shocked  shocked  shocked

Oh my GOSH, I am ever so glad that I am not the only one who has those gross, freaky teeth dreams!  I have them rather frequently.  The worst part is tasting the blood!  Bleah!  Always so vivid!

Hm... maybe next time I will use it to make myself lucid!  Since, like you, I never have the problem in waking life. smiley

Interesting interpretations... For myself, I tend to think it comes from a physiological stimulus.  Grinding my teeth, maybe.  I also have an annoying nervous habit of biting at the insides of my cheeks and lips. Occasionally I draw a little blood.

|*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*@*~.,.~*|
:sunny:  Heather B.
(formerly known as Almost Mrs. Murphy)

Sky, far away sky
A murmured voice:
"Your dreams now turn
the wheel of the stars."

--Arai Akino, "Tsuki no Ie"
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 17:10:47 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

CFTraveler
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 22:46:15 »

Hmmm... smiley
I used to have these dreams all the time until  I became lucid in one and have never had another again.  Let's see if after becoming lucid in it any of you get it again.  That would be something to consider...
knightlight
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 08:13:03 »

For sure CFT.  I think I will have more of them as they have been a staple dream my whole life but it was about 6 months between the last time I dreamt it and this time.  Of course I wouldnt mind if it stopped.

Profound Impatience makes the blind struggle in Stupidity.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: