The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 14, 2018, 15:23:40

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendations please..  (Read 1695 times)
DLite
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2006, 09:22:45 »

I'm looking for literature about the link between the hindu-tantric khecari (or kecari) ability and OBEs. Or just any good literature about the OBE subject from a tantric viewpoint. Preferably not New-Age lit., but something written by a known yogi or an academic.

Any good books you would recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Fred M.
UiO.
andonitxo
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:01:21 »

I'm not sure but are you talking about kechari mudra?, that technique in which your tongue's bottom bridle is cut off?.

If that's so, I read that the sole purpose of it is to just have some device (in this case your own tongue) to restrain the air flow in your throat. Once freed (your tongue) it can reach the most inner part of your mouth's cavity to bung it.

The effect achieved is what is called kumbhaka in yogic science. It is, plainly, breath holding which leads you to an altered state of consciousness.

Kechari mudra, surgically speaking, is obtained by cutting the bridle millimeter by millimeter every weak and by applying a mixture of natural substances to help it heal. In some months it is totally freed.

Anyway I see this process, from my western viewpoint, unnecessary. You can hold your breath by other means. So as to say, that's a technique for a really advanced yoga practitioners (super advanced, indeed).

Don't know if this was the subject, hope it helped.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 10:01:21 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

DLite
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 22:10:16 »

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I'm quite familiar with the khecari techniques. I've already written a 120 page thesis on the subject, analyzing Yoga-Kundalini-Upanishad. I used James Mallinson's translation of Khecarividya a lot, which was quite enlightening. It's out on Routledge Tantric Series I believe. Anyway, I've searched for literature about the siddhis (powers) which come as a result of practicing these techniques, and I can't find anything but 1) New Age OOBE stuff on the one hand, and 2) shorter explanations of siddhis in academic lit. on the other. It's a bit frustrating. Mary Scott's "Kundalini in the Physical World" isn't half bad, and is approx. the kind of quasi-academic literature I had in mind. I need something that focuses on tantrism and OOBEs, or khecari ( khe "in the sky", carÔ "moving"). Siddhis vaguely described as OOBE are mentioned in connection with this practice, but I've yet to find any good studies on the subject.

Any ideas are welcome.

Cheers,
Fred M.
UiO.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: