The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 12, 2017, 06:26:46

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Explorations in Consciousness - Book Release  (Read 17393 times)
Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2013, 02:01:53 »

So... all or any research I have conducted into neurological reasons for the vibrations is completely redundant?  cheesy

http://www.scientificexploration.org/journal/jse_15_1_terrillon.pdf

This actually describes the vibrations using a neurones... not 'brain neurones' but localised nerve neurones belonging to striated muscle groups that are affected by Atonia.

Hope it helps... obviously you need a bit of knowledge about neurones to understand it but this is the simplest paper I could find. Smiley

Obviously this only describes the physical modalities... not the nonphysical effects/reasons etc.
Major Tom
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 16:45:50 »

Hi Bedeekin,

No, not redundant at all in my opinion. It does a good of job in relation to atonia, which is very relevant to OBEs, but less so when it comes to explaining "energy sensations", or all the hypnagogic phenomena.

It falls short as an explanation, also because of those with quadraplegia experiencing vibrations and so forth, which is part of why I would tend to favor a more mechanical explanation along the lines of the late physicist Isaac Bentov and his work on kundalini phemomena.

It's very interesting literature, and it meshes with my experience of these sensations being pressure pulses travelling through the body, which become apparant under extreme relaxation and atonia (which is the part where the neurological explanation are relevant). The pulses bounce all over the place, at varying frequencies, eventually reaching the inner skull, which is why they are rarely at the same beat as the heart itself.  

This is actually something you can test out for yourself from a first person persective (as opposed to the neurological explanation) which I know tends to be your approach to begin with. More detail is my book.

Best wishes,
MT

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2013, 16:45:50 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Bedeekin
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2013, 10:35:34 »

Actually you know... the mechanism I am talking about are mechanical. They are staccato pulses of sensation (or electrical impulses) caused by neurone (nerve neurone not brain neurone) depolarisation. The slowing down of information TO the brain.
enlightnd
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 03:21:06 »

Just received this book in mail! look forward to reading it. Smiley
The Astral Pulse

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: