The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 14, 2018, 20:03:48

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream questions!  (Read 1569 times)
jessicalynncp
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2014, 05:13:51 »

In Primary shool I could lucid dream a lot. And it was easy for me if I woke up to lay still and get back into the dream. But when that stopped in early high school i thought it was of a self sabotaging nature .. as soon as I realised I was in a dream my eyes would force themselvwes open and I coul never get it back, which was sad.

Then I developed the ability (perhaps due to my wasting my teenage years in front of a computer) to "reset the levbel" if I was captured by predator, so I had the chance to escape again.

Then up until a few years ago as I dont really have nightmares anymore I could realise I was in a nightmare and then force my eyes open.

Now I just have really kooky dreams, and am looking into astral travel for mind expanding benefits. My question is, is there a chance my infrequent dope use has effected my abilities to lucid dream? (Even though I was unable to stop lucid dreaming long before i smoked a joint haha) and do you thinks its possible its a self sabotage thing? Self sabotage is apparent in lots of areas of my life and im doing what i can to move past it. Thank you Smiley

Woohoo!
Rakkso
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:17:31 »

Hi Jess,
I myself im a former cannabis user.
The answer, if you accept it, is Yes.
I was a non-frequent, then frequent pot user, and for the 3 years i spent smoking, i can tell you with all my conviction that i had a moment in time were i asked myself the same quedtion, again, the answer is Yes.
If you stil wanna try, have a joint or puff/wathever after 6pm. You'll notice that your dreaming cappacity will lower so much that you'll end up having no dreams at all the next day in the morning, if you wake up at the same hours you normally do, best case is that you may have some blurry or perhaps a single moment of clarity and therefore some blush memory of a dream. But thats all.
I never had a councious projection if i smoked the day before, and believe me, i TRYED. And yes, i've had almost two handfulls of counciouss projections, meaning no blackness or lost of counciousness between laying in bed and being somewhere else.
I went a step ahead just to be sure and asked all of my smoke buddies, they all told me they dont remember dreaming after having used pot.

The most horrible thing to me is, that even knowing i wouldnt dream the next day, and thinking by myself that i should only use it for weekends, i would still use it. This was last year and begginings of this.

I greatly reduced it when I had a dream where mom was giving me a letter that had just arrived (i was as exited as a kid since letters are not normal where i live). The letter was appointed from The Cosmos to Me.
Telling me that I wouldnt be allowed to acces the astral due to my constant drug use (alcohol, cannabis, tobbaco) and calling me a Drug Addict.
The latter really hurt grin but wether it was the Real Cosmos or just my subcouncious trying to make me aware of what i really wanted. It worked brilliantly.

I hope you can relate to some of this and perhaps skip it, so you will learn how bad-influencing it can be without having to go trought it. Cheers.  smiley

Edit: forgot to say i tottaly quitted it and never been and feel better.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 09:19:09 by Rakkso » Logged
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 09:17:31 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

jessicalynncp
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 09:36:33 »

Thank you! I am yet to project and am reading about it and committed to getting it done for some mind expansion Smiley

I have had a similar experience where an entity shook me awake, whether that was inside or outside myself I had a similar experience, but of course I went back to doing it socially. I'm just trying to detach myself from instant gratification and work towards true gains in life / which on the astral level, I am committed to.

I haven't had any weed for a while and I've been dreaming consistantly every night. Nothing lucid, but I'm sure it will come back!

Woohoo!
Szaxx
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 11:11:28 »

Be keen and stay clean.
It rhymes  grin

Eventually the toxins will clear fro :lol:m your body and then you'll start to notice more nocturnal memories.
This is important if you wish to learn.
You may not get a letter from the cosmos lol.
Nice push that one Rakkso.
Impressed  cheesy

There's far more where the eye can't see.
Close your eyes and open your mind.
raditus
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 22:22:15 »

I've noticed this too, but with Mugwort instead of Pot. It was supposed to make dreams more vivid and stuff and I rarely smoke it enough as it is. But it seems that the small amounts I do take had decreased my dream memory a bit. Only recently, like in the past month or so, since I haven't smoke any lately, it's been on the uptake again.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 22:22:15 »

Rakkso
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 12:01:03 »

Thank you! I am yet to project and am reading about it and committed to getting it done for some mind expansion Smiley
Thats Great, just the perfect attitud to get started, everything else will come if you really want it. smiley

I'm just trying to detach myself from instant gratification and work towards true gains in life / which on the astral level, I am committed to.
This is perfect, i believe it translates in that you are starting to acquire the Long-Term thinking, instead of Short-term thinking and its instant 'feel good' impressions. The long-term will undoubtfully reward you, you'll see. grin

I haven't had any weed for a while and I've been dreaming consistantly every night. Nothing lucid, but I'm sure it will come back!
Glad to hear this, try to add some method to help you improve your dreams and obtain lucidity easily.

I found Affirmations work wonderfull to me for acquiring lucidity.  I.e. 'i am aware i am dreaming' 'i realize i am dreaming' 'i am projecting projecting right now' 'i am aware i am projecting' etc
Try mixing and combinig, they all work equally, and if you repeat them 3 to 7 times before sleep, youll be Re-programming your subcounciouss to do JUST that. tongue
Rakkso
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 12:17:24 »

Be keen and stay clean.
It rhymes  grin

Eventually the toxins will clear fro :lol:m your body and then you'll start to notice more nocturnal memories.
This is important if you wish to learn.
You may not get a letter from the cosmos lol.
Nice push that one Rakkso.
Impressed  cheesy
Completely true, thanks Szaxx grin

I've noticed this too, but with Mugwort instead of Pot. It was supposed to make dreams more vivid and stuff and I rarely smoke it enough as it is. But it seems that the small amounts I do take had decreased my dream memory a bit. Only recently, like in the past month or so, since I haven't smoke any lately, it's been on the uptake again.
I google it a bit, i see what you mean, from personal experience, and since it says it gives you a mild high, i can conclude with laziness its just another of the many psychoactive herbs scattered around the world.
I wont say a 'once in a while' use will permanently shut you down from projecting/dreaming, but perhaps if you quit it at all, you'll start feeling and overall betterness.
Oh, and also try affirmstions man, you dont see an effevt in day 2 or day 3 from having started in day 1 with them, but try them consecutevely for 7 days and let me know. hope it helps. smiley
raditus
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 20:29:31 »

Ok, thanks for that. I will definately try this asll well, with the affirmations. It's just been concerning me with the Mugwort. it's good that I probably won't have to quite entirely.
jessicalynncp
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 05:28:34 »

-Affirmations - man if it wasn't for this site I never would have thought of such a thing. Looking forward to it! I WILL PROJECT!!

Woohoo!
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: