The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 19, 2017, 21:10:15

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illuman's Dream Journal  (Read 200 times)
Illuman
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: September 09, 2017, 22:37:50 »

9-9-17

This is my first attempt at training myself to put more energy and thought into the astral and the exploration and experience of it.  For various reasons I have put this topic aside as "real life" took me off course and I did not get far at all (unless you consider it as training for me to recognize it NOW and use it to my advantage).  I will keep this updated regularly as really it is a tool for myself and I find it easier than physically writing them down.  I imagine as I immerse myself in all things astral experiences will ramp up so I want to go through the training so to speak correctly, without jumping ahead or trying to achieve anything but inner peace.  To begin my only real purpose is communicating with my "guide" (or guides?) in hopes that I can further this training and begin adventuring.  Anyhow I want to preface this with I usually NEVER remember my dreams unless they were so forceful in that dream state it was shocking once I returned to this reality.  Even then I never documented.  Last night I told myself I would remember my dream, and I did.  So that is progress enough to keep me on this path.

Night of 9-8-17

I can not remember any specific people and the whole of where I was however there were other people in it and I seemed to be "trapped" (for lack of a better term) on one specific street.  I had an apartment or house (or rather I was in one it could have been mine or someone elses).  I recall  being in a house and for whatever reason I was forcefully kept there.  I took a weapon from someone and pointed it at him while exiting the house.  I fired a shot through the door if my memory serves. me.  When I went across the street I avoided going into a specific house a few houses diaganal from where I was, I curled up on the corner of the street and waited to see if I was being watched or followed (felt like I needed protection for some reason).  I eventually made it into the house I intentionally passed and fell asleep with a woman (not sure who, just assumed my GF as this house was VERY similar to my actual apartment) (Heavy front door to the apartment) however I was upstairs. I know this because I hid under covers while people entered and I heard the footsteps indicting for me to hide.  Someone slowly pulled the covers from my face and with glee eerily said "ohhh its you"  I remember talk of him saying he was having the utilities off and they took belongings out of the house.  I also remember this person having an omnipotent feel to them.  I could combat them using normal means,  he had friend cops outside his house coming and going and seemed to have unlimited power in that regard.  I deadbolted the door and felt safe after they took things,  Then I vaguely recall "starting a war" or just engaging in a fight or something, burning down their house with stuffed animals.  (I set fire to the animals underneath the house to start it) that was towards the end I believe or thats all I remember.  Most of it is very hazy and foggy as most of the time when I wake up in the morning its because of screaming kids that need to be fed and changed etc.  Not leaving me with much time to do anything but dive back into reality. 

Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 00:00:06 »

That is great recall, many don't get near that much. Only you will know what this dream may represent to you. Possibly just a heads-up as you are now trying to 'fight' your way out of old thoughts, ideas and stretch a bit.

Thanks for sharing and added hugs.

You may never have proof of your importance but you are more important than you think. There are always those who couldn’t do without you. The rub is that you don’t always know who- Robert Fulgham
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 00:00:06 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 02:15:32 »

Nice work!

I hope it is immediately apparent how responsive your subconscious/inner self/higher self/whichever was to your 'intent' and the inner instructions you gave yourself by having and remembering these dreams. It isn't always this easy but this is a great start!

A Dream Journal is a great idea for several reasons.

Your desire for a specific type of experience is important and the idea that you have already stated, 'simply to contact guidance and experience the next best experience for your learning' is a great general form of INTENT, which you will come to learn is a central component to any experience/adventure.

A great exercise to begin at this point is the use of Affirmations to learn how easy and straight-forward it can be to communicate messages to your 'inner self'. Keep it simple, like basic programming for a simple computer, and choose one or two simple, positive phrases to repeat to yourself both during the day and as you go to bed.

"I remember my dreams and experiences every night."
"I become aware during my dreams."
"I wish to have contact with 'guidance' tonight."
"I wish to have the next experience that is best for my evolution."
"I am safe and protected always and during my dreams and adventures."

Come up with your own, word it your own way, keep it simple and positive. This works well generally for most people and very well for some. It is a great default technique when other techs seem to not work.

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
Illuman
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:24:39 »

Thank you both very much.  I appreciate any and all advice.  I dont see like an ultra noob guide on the forums its all sort of mixed pieces.  What I did understand is for most the "advanced" stuff learning to do affirmations and programming my mind prior to bed (I didnt know through the day will begin toying with it).  But I honestly took a bit to figure out I had to even remember my dreams to aid in LD or AP etc.  So im getting there, this is one of the topics I find most interesting so I plan on sticking with it. 

9-9-17

No dream recall however I awoke several times in the night which I never do (I was attempting to practice wbtb to some extent but my newborn baby makes this kind of hard.  Im toying with it.  I did wake with vibrations ( for lack of a better term) and I am sort of suprised I didnt remember dreaming any of the times I awoke.  I am going to record every night even if I dont recall.  But as you said.  I WILL remember my dreams when I awake. 
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 07:09:07 »

Right from the start, you are making a great observation and asking a difficult question, lol. Yes, there is no 'ultra noob guide'...it is rather 'all sort of mixed pieces'...I keep meaning to do one...sometime...

A few reasons might be that it is such a vast and unknowable subject, it would rival the Encyclopedia Britannica (does anyone even remember what that was/is? smiley), and most knowledgeable practitioners are reluctant to describe the parameters of such a subject that is so dependent on an individual's experience, perspective and interpretation...so you get 'mixed pieces'...plus most of us do have day jobs... wink

So I will recommend some 'pieces' that more or less reflect my current thinking.

I guess that it comes down to 2 aspects to consider: What do you expect to experience? And what will you experience or are experiencing? Our reluctance to describing the experience comes down to not wanting to limit or direct what might be your personal experience because that may take many possible forms; some of which may not resemble mine in any way.

To attempt to state the process in general terms and as a starting point- The OBE or Out of Body Experience should be re-stated as a changing of the Focus of your Awareness from Physical Reality (PR) to somewhere else, meaning Non-Physical Reality (NPR). You have already done this thousands of times quite naturally in the forms of Dreaming and Daydreaming. It is 're-focusing' away from the Physical perspective (PR). As simple as it seems, most of us don't realize the extent to which we can train and increase this ability. You already have a reservoir of dream experiences to remember, some of which you may find are more indicative of NP Reality than you first imagined. This is why the Dream Journal is so important.

Okay, so there are dreams and daydreams...so what? What do they offer?

By exercising this ability, it gets better. Your dreams become more lucid, which means you increase your awareness within them. These are Lucid Dreams. Then a shift occurs and you realize someone or something is challenging you to learn new skills. And you get some adventures along the way...You may recognize that certain childhood dreams were actually early examples of this educational process (yes, I said educational, implying school...it seems we never leave, lol). In some cases, you interact with aspects of yourself, your subconscious; other times you can meet sentient beings...yes they are actually out there (or in there). It is quite a shock when someone actually contacts you.

Your daydreams may become forms of visualization which are new forms of exercise or techniques to help you re-focus into NP realms.

So what do the other techniques offer and where do they take you?

Of course, nearly everyone wants to stay in control, from beginning to end of an experience...but frankly, for most, that only comes later. The resistance to disconnecting the awareness/consciousness from the physical body either comes naturally for a few or takes some time to learn. Usually a brief period of unconsciousness is required, but that's okay. So just let it happen if that's the way it needs to happen.

Whether it is a specific visualization technique or a meditative technique, I find that either of these is best applied within the context of a WBTB or Wake, Back To Bed technique. You get the additional ease of the natural sleep/disconnect process. Early morning wake-ups can be good, afternoon naps can sometimes be miraculous! Again, this is one of those personal things; it may work for you but not for me.

So the "classic" idea of an OBE can become a bit obsessive, the idea that you lie down, relax and float out of your physical body like a ghost and go wandering about the Earth Plane. Well, that can and often does happen, especially in the early stages; but no one should get hung up and obsessed with having that particular experience for a number of reasons. If it happens that way, then great! But it will change to something else eventually. Or it may start out as something else completely, like a Lucid Dream or an outright Phasing.

Here's how I opened the subject with another member-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_members_introductions/hello_from_switzerland-t45993.0.html

Xanth provides an excellent compilation of ideas that would be part of the 'comprehensive NOOB guide[ drats-the link doesn't work but you can access it from the 3rd Board]
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/xanths_free_60_page_book_“my_astral_projection_truth”-t32983.0.html

And Szaxx provides further context and specificity- This has over a hundred subtle yet exact particulars and nuances describing the NP process-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_consciousness/the_astral_blueprint-t38729.0.html

And PR has a pretty classic primer here- it also points out a hard fact that you have to often work hard at something unsuccessfully until the answer occurs to you in a most obvious fashion-
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_out_of_body_experiences/how_i_got_out_for_the_first_time-t30942.0.html

All that should give both a headache and load your subconscious with plenty of data to look for in your early experiences...

Enjoy, take two aspirin and call us in the morning... grin

EV

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 08:10:54 by EscapeVelocity » Logged

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 07:09:07 »

Illuman
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 15:21:59 »

Night of 9-10-17

No recall.

~~~~~~~~

I already downloaded Xanth's ebook and read most of it (I only stopped because on his recommendation somewhere in there he said to practice some things before going further so I trusted that.  I have to dig back into it because somehow I got distracted, that was 2 days ago and in theory I should have been more disciplined in my practice.  Again with so much info though I find myself getting off track and moving on to another and another and another because of ALL this info.  I am positive I will get there though.  I am going to dig through the links you posted first and hit Xanth's again see where it goes.  Thanks again EV
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: