The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. April 25, 2019, 04:03:46

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Powerful dream where I donated what?  (Read 3501 times)
Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« on: February 05, 2006, 20:35:40 »

I had this dream last week.

I don't know how old I was, but I kept begging my mom over and over again to take me to do this procedure, and I could feel inside that I wanted to do it really badly.

I was taken to a hospital room and lied down on a bed. I knew I was donating something, but I don't know what it was. They put some kind of needle in my head, near my ear. I passed out, came to and the thing was over. (I think the passing out was due to anasthesia, but I'm not sure). During the whole experience, "Coast to Coast" by Nite Flyte was playing in my head.

After the dream was over, it kept with me the whole day. I couldn't stop thinking about it! What was this mysterious substance that I donated through this tube in my neck??? As I was walking through the various buildings at work towards where I meet the shuttle to go home, I thought of this place I will refer to by the code name LSNC.

When I home, I got a letter from LSNC. I almost never hear from them, so this was a surprise. Therefore, I believe that was God or the higher power's way of validating my experience; saying to me that if one psychic intuition came true, than this one also must be for real.

When I got home, I researched donation of various body fluids online...plasma, platelets, etc. The thing that came closest to my dream was the donation of bone marrow. In most cases they draw it from the pelvis, but I read an account of a girl who had it drawn from her neck. This was because her veins were too small (and mine are also very small, so it makes sense). There's only one problem, though. According to marrow.org there is a maximum weight set for each height and I weigh too much Sad

So what is this mysterious fluid that gets drawn from near your ear or neck that you can donate? If this dream means I'll save a life, than I would really like to do it.

In the meantime, I think I am going to donate plasma (once I get the guts to do it).

Thanks,

Jeni

JenX
Web/Graphic Designer, Illustrator and Recording Artist
http://www.reverbnation.com/jenx
carlhungis
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 12:13:19 »

"What can I donate through my ear?"  Just reading your question I was going to say that your subconscious was telling you to listen more...  But reading your dream, it seems like that wasn't the case.

Interesting though Smiley

Build a man a fire and he will be warm for an hour.  Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 12:13:19 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 22:40:22 »

Thanks for your response, Carl.

Perhaps it's a spontaneous inspiration to start donating plasma. I'm seriously considering doing this.

Any other ideas, guys?

Thanks,

Jeni

JenX
Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 00:59:58 »

Well, I think i figured out the neck thing.

PBSC, or Peripheral Blood Stem Cell collection is a newer way of donating cells for bone marrow transplants. Some people have it drawn from the neck because their veins are too small (which makes sense because mine are small!)

See this web site for one person's account of the procedure:

http://www.cmlsupport.com/cmlmystemcellharvest0402.htm

I guess that will be my motivation to lose weight!

Jen

JenX
Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 05:07:16 »

I wrote a poem about this whole experience, and the effect it's having on my life...(this dream has really kept with me, and I'm on a mission to lose enough weight so that I can get on the marrow donor list!)

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=188858#188858

JenX
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 05:07:16 »

Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 03:16:05 »

Resurrecting this thread...dum dum dum!  grin

I would like to post an update. I have some medical conditions that would most likely prevent me from donating stem cells. However, I have a few ideas as to what the dream means, finally:

1. VNS Therapy - A device that gets implanted into the chest and the neck on the left hand side, which stimulates the vagus nerve. It is used to treat a number of conditions, including one that I have struggled with for a long time. The funny thing is, the day I first learned about this device, I got another letter from LSNC (the only one I've gotten since I moved out of their area, which is even stranger because I asked to get off their mailing list, as I can't volunteer for them anymore). Also: In my dream, the thing in my neck was on the left side, and stem cells are usually donated from the internal jugular vein on the right hand side). The "begging my mom" thing could symbolise that certain degree of resistance my mother would put up if I told her I was interested in getting this thing. The feeling better could symbolise the how I would feel after I got the device implanted.

2. I may have some condition that I don't know about that may require a central line in my neck...what I don't know. I'm also considering gastric bypass surgery for weight loss, for which a lot of doctors request a central line (why I don't know)...

3. Both.

Jen
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 03:19:03 by Kodemaster » Logged

JenX
CFTraveler
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 15:14:05 »

I'm also considering gastric bypass surgery for weight loss, for which a lot of doctors request a central line (why I don't know)...
A central line is used to monitor things such as blood gas levels and other things more accurately than using equipment such as O2Sat meters, and other monitoring.  I suppose that gastric bypass is involved enough (they do have to get inside to do it, lol) so that they want to make sure they can get in whatever meds they have to in case of emergency, I suppose.
Kodemaster
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2007, 02:19:30 »

Thank you for explaining that to me, CF. I was familiar with the many uses of the central line, but not the monitoring thing.

Jen

JenX
Golden Light
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2007, 18:34:05 »

Very interesting - I can see the similarity with the tables and the neck. The lady touched my neck on the large bone of my spine at the point where my shoulder muscles meet in the back of my neck. I read recently that that location is where the 5th Chakra or Throat chakra is located. Which I understand the 5th Chakra to be about communication and spirituality. 

Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 07:26:10 »

This is very interesting Kodemaster. I do wonder where you are at now with this.

Pulling myself together
Lumaza
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 08:40:20 »

This is very interesting Kodemaster. I do wonder where you are at now with this.
Lol, I know you are trying to get conversations going again Nameless, but Kodemaster hasn't logged on since 2011 . On the other threads that you just recently replied to, "Visionquest, the name of the person that made that thread, hasn't been active since 2004 and "Melody" isn't even a member here anymore .

You can see this by looking at their profile and what the date is beside the "Last Active" prompt.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 08:44:47 by Lumaza » Logged

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence."  Nicolai Tesla
Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 08:55:09 »

Oh I know but I figure if they are still getting notifications they might be interested enough to respond. No sweat if they don't. But these are conversations I am just now finding interesting and well sometimes I just want to toss in my 2 cents because I missed them at the time. I figure if it interest me it might also interest someone else. If not, again, no sweat. smiley

Pulling myself together
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: