The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. November 21, 2017, 19:18:39

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Selski's Journal  (Read 4644 times)
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2017, 07:42:48 »

Love the stories Selski!

#98 I can comment on...

Many of my very low-level awareness dreams deal with a degree of frustration in trying to locate things in various environments, mostly houses or buildings which seem familiar, but either the environment or the 'thing' to be located is continually morphing or changing beyond my ability to keep up with it, hence a certain frustration.

With regard to #98, I had this dream back in June-

Early morning, 3 dreams in succession, I forgot the first one and the third was also somehow lost...the second went like this-

I was in a hotel, primarily the lobby area, very fancy and plush, looking for something...very low level awareness...I marched from one end of the lobby to the other, not finding what I expected and growing more frustrated...

At some point, I passed a woman sitting on a couch with a leopard resting next to her. As I turned back to re-trace my steps, the leopard bit me on my left arm and we stood there, immobile, staring at one another. I had a moment of fear but then realized I was NP; there was a bit of pain which startled me; but I was stuck...dealing with these incongruities..

I stared at the leopard , the moment not shaking me, and sent forth a feeling of warmth and love...it's bite relaxed for a moment.

This resulted in the leopard somehow increasing in size ten-fold...now my entire torso and head was within its mouth, its fangs gently but firmly biting into my back below my shoulder blades and the front teeth dug in beneath my rib-cage... this did cause me a bit of concern, a bit of physical concern but also something more energetic...

I did the only thing that the NP has taught me as a last resort, and that was to communicate as much 'love' as I was capable of at the moment...and the 12 foot tall leopard released its' bite on me...and I awoke...

EV

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2017, 15:50:59 »

Thanks EV.  smiley

The 'pain' test is one I'm familiar with - although I suspect I'm going to have to relearn how to deal with it, given that my lucidity seems to be no longer as important. When I'm lucid I know exactly what to do - become a hologram. However, whilst that works a treat if I retain lucidity AND am able to see the thing that is causing me pain, if my lucidity lessens, then one of two things happen. Either my NP personality kicks in and I choose to leave that place (i.e. awaken) or I drift right back to believing it's all physical.  shocked

Typing this up, I'm realising that for a month or two now I haven't made myself wake up. Perhaps the NP side of me is progressing nicely. I hope so.

I'm quite reluctant (and have always been) of exuding love in the NP. I don't really know why - thinking about it now, perhaps it's because I deem it a bit amateurish. Looking back at my experiences involving pain, I tend to focus on transmuting the pain into something else. Whenever I'm being harmed, I also change MYSELF rather than try to change the other person/character. Perhaps that's just part of my psyche - self-focused, inward rather than outward. Hmmmm. Food for thought.

Saying all that, I do like to experiment in the NP, so I'll no doubt give your idea a shot. One thing that springs to mind when I imagine myself gushing love is that I'll be pretending and it will be corny rather than sincere. Ha - should be fun whatever happens. That last sentence wasn't very sincere, was it? I'm amazed the Dream Operators want to use me - I'm not exactly ideal material for them.  wink  grin

Whatever happened to the dreamers...
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2017, 15:50:59 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 12, 2017, 11:48:17 »

I'm in an art class of some kind. One young girl, probably early teens, shows the class her painting. It's watercolour, abstract, subtle colours and really good. Unfortunately, the paper she is using isn't for watercolour paints - it's more for drawing, so it's way too thin.

I know I've got three watercolour pads and offer to give her (and everyone else who hasn't got the right paper) a sheet of mine. But when I go to get the pads out, the two which are A4 size haven't got any blank sheets left - I've used them for washes or to practise on. I do have a bigger pad, which is larger than A1, so probably A0 if there's such a size. I know I haven't done much painting in this pad, so should have plenty spare.

When I open it, it's full of images. These images are 3-D and form the basis of a game. The pictures are incredibly detailed, beautifully-carved and exquisite to look at. On top of a castle, the stonework is in relief - I am able to pick one stone up off the page (it's about the same size as a marble, but square and made of metal) and it's attached to the main picture by a magnet. It's amazingly done - each page of the book is filled with these images predominantly castles, soldiers, battles etc., - every one in metallic brown hues.

I realise it's a present to me from someone. But I can't think who could have sent me this; why; and when. I scan the images looking for a clue. On the second page, I spot some smallprint and notice an online username I recognise. I'm about to point it out to everyone, but can no longer find it. I'm quite excited to play the game and see what it's all about.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

The theme of the images is a bleedthrough from waking life. I'm currently re-watching Game of Thrones from the beginning as I've pre-ordered Season 7 and it's due to arrive in December. In addition, I play GoT Risk on a regular basis. Both myself and OH are big fans and whenever a new season comes out, we watch all the previous ones beforehand. (If anyone is reading this having already watched Season 7, please please please don't give anything away - we've managed to avoid all the hype and know nothing about it. ~ Thanks.  smiley)

Painting classes are fairly regular occurrences given I sometimes dabble with watercolours. In them, there's usually a piece of art or two that grabs my attention. However, I haven't painted for a good couple of years - I'm more into colouring at present.

Having typed up the dream, it seems quite ordinary composed mainly of waking life stuff. It was an enjoyable dream, nonetheless.

Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 20, 2017, 09:04:16 »

I'm at an outdoor meal - lots of people. Behind us is a river. I go to this river and stand in it - it comes up to my knees. The water is very clear and I am able to see to the bottom. I'm looking for life and see a tiddler right at the bottom. I watch him for a while, then a lizard-type fish appears nearer to the surface.

Later, I'm standing at the side of the river and two tortoises are trying to climb out right near me. They are close together, young and probably related. I move a little to my right as I don't want them to suffer by trying to get to me. They follow me and once again try to clamber out.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

In town with familiar people in a car. I'm not driving. We come to a junction and straight ahead opposite the junction is a large store. I recall having bought furniture from this place before and know that if we take a left and follow the road, we'll eventually come to my house, where the furniture was delivered.

We go left and I'm expecting to recognise the area any minute. We round a corner (to the right) and instead of my house, there is a bridge with a river running underneath. However, the river has broken its banks and it's running very fast and has flooded a few buildings on the other side. We are not sure whether we can drive across the bridge safely, but decide to give it a go as it doesn't look too treacherous.

We make it to the other side but now we don't quite know what to do as we are lost. I can't think where the house is and reckon we must have gone wrong somewhere. There are a number of people milling around outside one of the flooded buildings. They are office workers and have been drenched so are wearing company dressing gowns in white towelling with a blue 'Halifax' embroidered on them. They don't look too shocked or worried - it's as if they're used to being flooded every so often and know the drill.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

This past month or so, my focus on dreaming has waned somewhat. I haven't even listened to Uncle Bob in that time. Just other things in life have popped up that I prefer to do at present. Hence I'm not completing my journal daily and hence less recall. It is what it is - and I'm sure I'll regain enthusiasm eventually.

The above two dreams I note for various reasons. One is the detail in both. The clear water; the specific animals; the embroidery; the specific word. Another reason is the NP recognition of the furniture store. This dream memory was strong and knowing the house was in a certain direction was also strong - however I couldn't remember in the dream having ever lived there. Perhaps it was a dream memory from a dream my dream self dreamt...  tongue

I tend to accept the general interpretation of water as representing emotions in my dreams. I was pleased to note that, in both cases, the water (at least when I was around) wasn't too rough or choppy - or dangerous. In fact, in the first dream it was clear and calm.

I had other dreams last night - I remember at least two others, but not the content. That's lack of enthusiasm for you!

Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2017, 11:38:07 »

My parents have moved to a new house. I'm going to visit them for the weekend. The area is somewhere unfamiliar to me. The house is large and my bedroom more than adequate.

As I'm unpacking, I have the idea to move in with them. They are both getting on in years and I know it won't be long before one of them dies. I think it would be a good thing to be there when the first one dies - in order to help the other. And I'd be able to help around the house so my Mum wouldn't have to do everything.

I suggest this to them and explain that they've probably got 5-10 years left. They seem agreeable to my suggestion. My Dad then tells me that he'll be around until 2019 and then he'll be gone.

~~~ooo000ooo~~~

My parents are getting old and Mum has to go for a colonoscopy next week. It might be nothing; it might be something. Obviously, it's on my mind.

What is strange is that whilst in the dream, I didn't give one thought to my OH. He just wasn't part of the dream - not even a memory. In the dream, I knew that I didn't currently live with my parents and instead owned a house myself, but my dream self didn't remember that I was living with my partner. This is a recurring theme and it's a puzzling one. Considering he's a massive part of my waking life, it's odd that he doesn't take much part in my dreaming life.

The year from Dad could well be correct. He's got nothing life-threatening...but I know he's ready to go. I love it when dream dates/numbers/etc., make sense. Often they're illogical, but when they do 'fit' waking life, I listen.

The unfamiliarity of where they live is related to how our relationships have changed over the years - mine & Mum's; mine & Dad's; and Mum's and Dad's. It's another theme that crops up from time to time.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #104 on: October 23, 2017, 11:38:07 »

Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2017, 09:38:53 »

This past few nights have seen dreams of great detail, almost unnecessarily so. In addition, one dream had my dream self semi-asleep with the typical pre-OBE radio noises which I was able to focus on, despite my dream self being disturbed in the bedroom.

I add the above notes in the journal as I suspect they are messages from the Dream Operators that they are still around and simply waiting for me to regain focus on dreaming once more. I know that for some people, once they pay no heed to dreams, they pretty much stop dreaming (or should I say, stop remembering). Not so with me. I may get fewer dreams, but they are still rich, full and deeply involved.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: