The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 14, 2018, 20:06:37

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Staircase dream  (Read 484 times)
sheriff_rango
Astral Energy 2

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2014, 02:16:13 »

The last time I was lucid I decided that rather than 'jump' into darkness I would hang about in the dream for various reasons. I stepped out of the room I'd gained awareness in and started off down the stairs. I'm not sure if it was a place I knew or not  but I felt like it was only supposed to be maybe a short flight or two. It was very dark and gloomy despite it  being light in the room I'd just left. I ran down because I wanted to explore but the staircase just wouldn't end. I started talking to a tiny toy man on one step. I carried on walking and I saw a baby on another step and picked it up (it's not safe there!) and carried on. I went back up the steps and now the toy had turned into a tiny man and we walked out together into daylight. I saw the baby's mother who then handed me another kid to hold. But by the time I was out I felt that my lucidity was lowered and everything was kind of chaotic after that.

Now, I prefer to go into these things with some kind of game-plan. Lately its been to get lucid, run out of the scene as fast as I can until everything goes black and see where it takes me (I'm still working on this technique). This time though, I actually wanted to explore the present dream and planned as much because I wanted to test a few things out. But I couldn't get out of the building! I feel like there's a message or a lesson this - maybe that I should be focusing on moving onward and upwards instead of dawdling and being complacent? Or maybe something more practical like it was testing my navigation skills in the NPR and I should have willed an exit or walked through the walls or something? Or could it just be a case of if 'it ain't broke...' and I should persist with whatever I was doing first and not try to innovate too much?  Maybe all of the above? I'd appreciate anyone's interpretion. smiley
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: