The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 14, 2018, 20:04:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: wake back to bed question  (Read 941 times)
jmasterx
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: June 29, 2014, 23:05:53 »

does anyone know if you have to sleep for 5 hours straight  or just a total of 5 hours?
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:15:05 »

The technique recommends a range of 3 to 5 hours, but it's not a hard and fixed rule. Everyone varies and it also depends on how tired you are when initially going to sleep. So, it could be as little as an hour or even longer than 5 hours. That's why a daytime nap can sometimes work great.

The key to remember is that you are trying to find that 'window' where your physical body is somewhat rested, but still relaxed and tired enough to slip back into restorative sleep, but without the overpowering pull it usually has over your conscious awareness to drag it down into sleep along with it.

When the physical falls asleep you may consciously observe this or you may fall asleep briefly and either gain awareness within a LD or come aware in Sleep Paralysis or find yourself in MABA (Mind Awake/Body Asleep).

The other variable is how long do you stay awake before your attempt? I find that I need at least 20 minutes and 30 to 45 minutes is probably a better target.

Hope that clarifies things some.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 01:15:05 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Dreamshards
Astral Energy 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 11:53:30 »

I know there are times when I go to bed knowing that I am only going to get like four hours asleep before I have to get up. Amazingly I start dreaming after an hour to two hours, and by the time I have to get up I'm usually in a very intense dream. Of course this doesn't happen often, I usually don't sleep only four hours, but it's interesting how body prepares itself for not getting enough sleep and thus has a faster sleep cycle.

Volgerle
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 15:08:30 »

does anyone know if you have to sleep for 5 hours straight  or just a total of 5 hours?

I had already good results with only 3 hours of sleep. But it works well for me. within the 3-4-5 window anyway.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: