The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. October 18, 2017, 05:02:20

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's on the Menu for Tonight?  (Read 382 times)
EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« on: September 22, 2017, 08:28:32 »

Often for me, a NP experience needs a few weeks to coalesce, to condense into a story I can relate in what feels a trustworthy and authentic form. Some aspects, some ideas just need additional time to sort of percolate; I don't wish to mislead or mis-interpret for the reader or myself; I have learned to trust the need for that delay and not to simply rush forward and post something new.

In this case, two realizations came forward: One about an old experience and one about this particular experience, possibly...

This experience-

August 24, 2017   Thursday-early morning-

Not much sleep last night, surprising by getting a final hour of sleep that I am treated to this low-awareness LD, a 3-part adventure.

Scene 1- Several of us are dropped off from a bus at a large outdoor auto auction. We make our way to the main auction block as I make conversation about how these kinds of auctions operate to the Indian/Asian fellow following me. He carries a staff (which vaguely makes me aware that he is a guide) and responds in a neutral manner to my commentary. The auction is ending just as we arrive at the auction block, a unique and beautiful bright orange US domestic convertible, circa 1950's with flared fenders is just exiting and driving back to the storage lots; it is especially appealing to me; I watch it closely as it is driven off into one of the storage lots.

Fade out/fade in  

Scene 2- With the auction ended, we are challenged with multiple paths back to the main parking lots. The first path is an incredible stone stairway that arcs high up into a clear blue sky, some three hundred steps upward and over, with a handrail to the left side but a terrible fall of hundreds of feet off to the right. The hundreds of steps doesn't bother me but the height is a minor issue. My 'guide' says no way to the distance or the height, so I search for alternatives. To my immediate right is a series of dark and descending tunnels, which I trust can get me to the parking lots (transition areas) but I instinctively know these can be troublesome with uncertain distractions and possibly get us lost. My mind rationalizes/creates an alternative and I immediately perceive a set of double-swinging doors, which I know will take us to the main atrium of the auction house, whereby we can simply walk out the "front door".

Fade out/fade in

Scene 3a- My 'guide' and I are now seated at a table in a cafeteria; the female server hands us menus but he seems unfamiliar so it is an opportunity for me to prattle on about just how the menu is arranged, but of course, my awareness is hovering around a 3 or 4 (scale of 10).The server places 4 cookie-sized cardboard wafers before us that describe the various breads available. This is initially confusing and a bit comical as I push each one toward my companion offering him to try each card-board delicacy. I am still trying to read my menu and make a lunch choice but the numbers are confusing. Then it seems that I am required to pencil the number of my choice on a selection card and I am struggling to turn a 5 into a 15, when the lady server steps up (an Instructor likely) and declares, " It looks like you are getting a 6.", very clearly and unceremoniously...which I suddenly realize is the Level of Dream I am going to get...

Fade out/fade in

Scene 3b- I am in a similar cafeteria, much more hospital-like, maybe a secured, elder-care, dementia ward; my sub-sandwich on a plate in front of me and a strange, older woman seated opposite me. She is babbling almost incoherently, and taking pieces off her sandwich- slices of baloney, pepperoni, tomato, lettuce- and placing them on my plate one by one...she doesn't want these...I am a bit bothered by these actions...I am not sure how to respond to the situation...

I am unclear as to what is going on, still being in a fairly low-level awareness, but I know her difficulty is now the central issue. She reminds me for a moment, of my concern for my aging mother's possible eventual senility, so that is a distraction momentarily. She says to me, "It hasn't been worth it if we haven't found anything of value in all these antique fairs; not me, not you, your brother or your daughter..!"

Antique auctions have no relation to my family, and I don't have a daughter, so this realization allows me some psychological distance from her issues...so I ask her 'How can I help you?' 'What is wrong?' Unfortunately, this does not get a response, as she lowers her head into her folded arms to begin an uncontrollable sobbing, and I continue asking how I can help...

As her head lowers, two children are revealed to be standing behind her. The image is a 10 year old girl, putting on a winter-jacket, backwards onto her 8 year old brother...arms first, backwards...it doesn't make any obvious sense to me, at first...

The boy is looking at me very directly as his sister puts the jacket on him, and says matter-of-factly, "Gymnastics."

I say back to him- "You or me?"

He says, "Maybe both..."

Fade out

..................a dear friend turned me onto the rather esoteric idea of "the surgical astral team"...a group of rather short, chubby dudes, kind of a WW1 surgical team that responds to these issues...it took a few weeks to realize that the picture of a little sister putting a winter coat backwards onto a little brother may have been a simple mis-interpretation of one of the little "guys" being suited up in the appropriate surgical garb to take on a retrieval...

Always wondering...

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:20:54 by EscapeVelocity » Logged

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
                                                          -O. Wilde
Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 16:56:06 »

Wow EV, this was one grand experience. I know you most likely don't need my input but at the same time I know we love to toss around ideas. smiley

My first thought was 'paths'. Which one - the high ground, the low ground or the most straight forward. Of course you chose the most straightforward. Your lucidity might have been low but you got more than I think I would have.

Haha, I think you have indeed met the 'surgical astral team'. They may not appear to be very capable but I'm betting they are far more competent than they look.

You may never have proof of your importance but you are more important than you think. There are always those who couldnít do without you. The rub is that you donít always know who- Robert Fulgham
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 16:56:06 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 05:47:37 »

Nameless, I always enjoy a toss-around of ideas with you; it's what I am looking for...plus any ideas from anyone else...it is all a form of learning...

The subtle parts, the intricacies...they require more than one night's consideration...and often, more than a single post.

In such a low-level awareness experience, certain realizations occur real-time, but others do not. It is interesting to see the progress my NP personality is making. I feel a much greater confidence than even a year ago. In the final cafeteria scene, I still feel that I somehow came up short in helping her, but my instinctive awareness ran out of options.

It stinks in the sense that those moments are so brief, a few seconds at most...and then the scene fades...

To clarify, I did have these particular realizations-

In Scene 1, I did have a subtle awareness that the bus dropping us off at our destination was a sign of moving through the NP to an area of the Astral Dream Zone or a Simulation area. However, I was confused by why we were arriving at an auction once I realized it was just shutting down. The interesting bright orange car may have been a 'distraction test' or to keep my attention to the next phase of where we might be headed. Not sure. It may have been also an indicator of my level of dreaming (Level 6 according to K. Leland- sensing color and taste).

Scene 2 certainly gave me a choice of different paths. I was vaguely aware that my choices would dictate which way my awareness would go: Higher, lower, or a middle path...I wonder how different it would have been had I decided on the 'grand, narrow, staircase into the blue sky' versus the middle path I chose (which was in deference to my companion's comment [which calls for a whole different avenue of speculation]). Again, it seems like there is only a second or two to make the choice...indecision has taught me that it is an instant kick-out...

I think that I could have handled the huge number of stair-steps...the height-issue may have been a real problem.

Very frustrating. An instant feedback form of justice...you just have to 'go with the flow' as best you can at the time...and quickly...

The cafeteria scene I got lost in trying to understand the menu and missed out on the fact of an 'Instructor' showing up as a waitress...a scene within Leland's books and some of my favored StarGate episodes. I was stuck between two menu items, #5 and #6...two sub-sandwiches I liked, I was actually reading and understanding the ingredients, when these silly cardboard wafers were presented to us, complicating the scene (distractions).

So the waitress decided my choice for me...the scene shifted and I was dealing with what may have been a lost soul, stuck in her own personal BST. How was I supposed to know that, within an instant scene change?

Her thought that nothing of value was to be found from her numerous visits to auctions throughout her life brought forth a response from me that I communicated mentally as, " It is not the physical things that you gain from an auction but the value of what you derive from them; it is the experiences themselves, as well.".

I had maybe a 25% understanding that this was now a rescue/retrieval...again, from a very low-level of NP awareness...then her complaint morphed into a concern for my mother for a moment...I shook that off...and my only response could be, "How can I help you?"

Then the little guy stepped in...which was unexpected on my part...and I think that I got the translation screwed up initially. The 'gymnastics' was a mental form of question...not just for me, but anyone involved, including him...that is an indication of the dexterity involved...

Again and again and again...I just come away realizing how tricky, complicated, damnably frustrating and terribly wonderful this all is

-O. Wilde
Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 08:25:51 »

Quote from: EscapeVelocity
Again and again and again...I just come away realizing how tricky, complicated, damnably frustrating and terribly wonderful this all is

Hahahaha! Don't I know that feeling!  grin

I particularly like all the different aspects of your experience. I'm chewing it over and will come back with any thoughts I have as they pop up.  smiley

Whatever happened to the dreamers...
Nameless
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 23:59:40 »

Hahaha, yep!! What irks me is how we can know exactly what to do and what's going on and it all makes perfect since.. that is till we try to work it out. LOL

I've had a number of experiences lately myself but every time I think I'm going to post one of them something prevents it. Like internet connection goes wonky, someone suddenly needs me for something despite having not needed me at all a moment before. Power flickers or goes out. And yet here I am saying all that with no issue whatsoever.
Wait, just noticed my connection bugged out again. I'm gonna reconnect and hit post now, we'll see. Of course if you don't see this then you won't even know I was here. sad

You may never have proof of your importance but you are more important than you think. There are always those who couldnít do without you. The rub is that you donít always know who- Robert Fulgham
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 23:59:40 »

EscapeVelocity
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 04:33:13 »

Nameless and Selski-

Both of you, seem to me, a bit more successful in the final phase of what appear to be retrievals; I prefer reading your 'conclusions' rather than my own...but this one was maybe close enough, but I still left it feeling a bit 'incomplete'...

A little further consideration of the auction symbolism makes me think of how 'transactional' our life experiences are. So maybe that was the point of the auction discussion and imagery.

Nameless-

The lights going out, the power going off, the computer re-booting, a simple mis-placed keystroke...all of it serving to delete a response or post I had been working on...yeah, that happens... huh...it seems to be the territory we are traveling through...I just learned to accept the obvious synchrony...the NP editorial staff? grin

-O. Wilde
Selski
Experiencer
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 12:23:37 »

Reading through your dream(s) again, and recollecting some of mine, it does seem like a 'Very Big Ask' of the Dream Operators/Helpers to get us involved in retrievals. Not so much in asking per se, but in how they go about it. It's as if we have to pass/go through a series of tests first before we get to the actual retrieval. The trouble with this is that most of us have all-but lost any coherence we initially had by the time we are needed.

Perhaps that's deliberate. Perhaps they know better about these things. But...but...perhaps they don't. Perhaps they're fumbling around just as much as we do. I think there is a tendency in AP/OBE/Dreaming circles to assume that "guides" have infinite knowledge at their fingertips. Why do we assume this? They may have knowledge about things we don't, but they're not supergods.

This whole 'dream character' business is my current puzzle. What did the surgical astral team require of you? I've always thought they need living persons because the dead one can't see them until they accept they are/might be dead. But surely there's a much simpler or streamlined way of getting us to do that without all these daft tests and hoops they make us go through beforehand.

Bah, maybe I'm a bit disillusioned and it seems I've gone way off on a tangent in your thread - sorry!  tongue

It is a great experience and very interesting. If it were my dream, I'd be most curious about the comment 'Gymnastics'. Love it.  grin

Whatever happened to the dreamers...
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: