The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 23, 2019, 17:39:56

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: awareness hands (Please welcome me)  (Read 3400 times)
Tom
« on: April 28, 2002, 15:29:05 »

Awareness hands can be made as detailed as your concentration allows. They can also be limited to cloudlike things almost without form. The idea is to experience them in the exact same way you experience your physical hands as they are attached to your body. You can connect your awareness hands to your physical shoulders or you can leave them without any clear connection to your physical body. It is your decision to create energy centers and conduits in your awareness hands. It never occured to me to do so, but having now tried it I found it to work just as well.

When an energy center does not respond after some time of stimulating it, working on the area surrounding it over a gradually larger area can help. Energy blocks can involve too much energy in places or not enough. Often places with too much have energy which was meant for the areas with less. It did not get there. Relaxing the area around where there is too much energy is an option. Adding energy to where it is needed is also an option. Sometimes one option is better than the other. Maybe a good on acupressure would help, but I don't know enough to suggest one.

junkie
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2002, 17:21:35 »

Thanks a lot for your help, Tom.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2002, 17:21:35 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2002, 20:01:17 »

Hi there junkie.  Why the name 'junkie'?  I am sitting here imagining you with a hyperdermic syringe by your side...

Awareness hands are really 'imaginary' hands (when you first start using them anyway).  So I dont think it's important who's hands they are, just that they do the work, and as long as you can FEEL their actions.  The exercises have to be tactile (you really have to imagine the feeling of their touch/sponge/sweep/stir) and dont get too hung up on what they look like, what they are made of or where they originate from.

junkie
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2002, 07:10:14 »

Hello Tia,

of course I'm not a "junkie" junkie, please don't worry.
Oh, I have another question. Are "vibrations" and energy movement sensations the same thing? I'm not sure. I think I'm able to experience whole body vibrations and do energy work at the same time. I've only just started practising NEW, and "stirring" still causes my muscles to cramp, thus I can tell the two apart.

Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 07:59:31 »

Energy movements can cause some very strange sensations, some of them not mentioned in the book, and are usually the result of blockages in the energy body.

The vibrations usually talked about on this forum are refering to the sensations pre OBE during the generation of the body double.  It's energy movement, but not really the same thing as felt during energy raising exercises.    

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 07:59:31 »

Mobius
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2002, 08:06:48 »

G,day junkie & welcome from a fellow member.

Maybe,go back to the beginning part of that awarness hands bit on pg 119 & 120 where he describes that he had to come up with a method for a blind person to use,as they could not visualize or imagine seeing hands.Practice those exercises he describes repeatedly until you get the sensation that all your focus is on that point for the moment,remembering it's a feeling that you first "trace" over your skin to familiarize your brain with the concept,so that it leaves a memory or imprint for you to work with.Hope I could help??

Good journeys

Mobius

junkie
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2002, 10:04:38 »

Hi Mobius,

um, no. Not quite.
I'm familar with the obe-"vibrations". I became aware of them first at the age of maybe 10 or 12 and as a consequence I became interested in the whole subject. (I don't remember how I found out that the vibrations are part of the obe-process. I suppose it happened by chance by reading a book on levitation or something like that.) I just wanted to add that I feel the vibrations every night before sleep, but also during daytime. My experience suggests that the NEW-sensations are a different thing. I can distinguish between them, because the NEW energy movements hurt or cause a variety of pleasant/ unpleasant feelings. The vibrations don't. They just... well, accelarate.
Blah, blah.
That's not important at all.
By the way, I've already had 2 real time obes, albeit very short ones and in the last century.
Yet another question: I don't understand an exercise in the book. Wait a second, I have to go fetch the book from underneath my bed. On page 156, it says that you can raise energy through arms into your sub navel storage center. But in order to accomplish this you have to pass by the higher storage centers (on your way down). How do I know whether I'm doing this correctly? Robert Bruce points out that at the early stages we are not allowed to touch the higher ones. How do you deal with this? Please help me avoid mistakes...

[/quote]

junkie
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2002, 08:28:56 »

Hi!

Could someone (preferably a woman) explain to me, where the "pubic line" is? I don't know this expression. Or, even better, the exact position of the sub navel storage center? I find it difficult to locate it. When I try to "find" it, my navel chakra activates, though I'm not sure.
Please answer.

Tom
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2002, 13:21:10 »

Should I try to answer this? I don't know ... I've not heard the term "pubic line" and I'm not a woman.

The subnavel storage area is called the tan tien in taoist methods. This is distinct from the yoga tradition in hinduism which uses seven main energy storage and transformation centers called chakras. Buddhism only uses five. In Japan, it seems to me that only the hara center matters. All of these have a center that is a couple of finger-widths bellow the navel (belly button). It is a big energy center and it is not necessary to be precise in locating it. You seem to have found yours whether you want to call it tan tien, third chakra, hara, navel chakra, or subnavel storage center.

junkie
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2002, 15:12:25 »

Hi Tom,

thanks for your answer, even if you're not a woman.
So, the "pubic line" is maybe where pubic hair stops growing?
Easy!

Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2002, 20:33:39 »

Yes, the pubic line is where the pubic hair starts - why do you need a 'woman' to explain this to you?  

No, dont tell me, I dont want to know...

The subnavel storage area is about an inch down from your belly button and, I think, about 2 inches inside, dont ask me how big it is as I cant seem to find a perimeter on mine.  

junkie
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2002, 21:01:30 »

Hi Tia,

because women do look different from men around that (genital) area!
And I am female.
So there.

Tia
Astral Energy 3

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2002, 21:17:35 »

Ha, ha, ha...  I am too quick to judge people!  First I thought you were a drug addict and then I thought you were a man and a pervert at that!

My apologies.

Anyways, I think both men and women's pubic hair starts about the same place dont they?  Unless you wax...  

Tom
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2002, 02:05:38 »

It is all a matter of opinion and speculation until we start to exchange pictures. Somehow I don't think that is the right kind of picture to exchange here, although according to the taoist system the hair on the body stores extra energy. The different types of hair store different varieties of energy. I think I recall hair on the head storing extra energy from the heart. As for associations with pubic hair, I don't have a clue.

junkie
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2002, 12:48:55 »

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this forum.
I've got a question concerning the anatomy of awareness hands. If they are made of some sort of energy, they should also have energy centers/ conduits, shouldn't they? Now, I generally have problems with the whole concept, although I'm fine with MBA and moving/ storing energy. But at times these techniques don't suffice (when some energy center is reluctant to respond), and that's when awareness hands control would come in handy! Does that somehow sound familiar to you? How do you handle it? I try to imagine someone else, i.e. another person, performing the sweeping/ sponging actions on my body instead of me. But I wonder if that's healthy...

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: