The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 09, 2020, 02:52:06

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clearing the mind while driving  (Read 2006 times)
ethic
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« on: May 24, 2007, 16:35:27 »

I have heard lot of people about you can practice clearing your mind while driving, i've been trying too, but after some time i begin to feel drowsy, hence i think it's not after all a pretty good idea to do that, i mean i don't know why do i feel drowsy (i have slept well)? am i entering to slight trance or something?, because it happens only in the car while i am just driving, but i have also tried to clear mind while walking and that doesn't happen (probably because i'm moving). any idea? thanks.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 16:37:00 by ethic » Logged
Stookie
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 16:52:23 »

That's a good subject.

I think a good example of it is Zen buddhism. Any physical task can be completed with a clear, yet focused mind. You don't want to enter a trance - like you said, that will make you sleepy or too relaxed. But you can still get into a state of "zen" or passive awareness without entering a trance. It's good for just about any task.

Driving requires very little physical movement, so it's easy to slip into a trance. But something walking keeps your body active which helps with the body/brain/mind connection. (Henry David Thoreau's short book "Walking" is a great example of this).

I bet good racecar drivers enter a state of zen.
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 16:52:23 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

James S
Astral Energy 5

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:43:49 »

Yes, a full trance could have some rather... unwanted results while driving.  shocked

One very easy method is taking deep slow breaths and count them as you exhale.
Count however you want - from 10 back to 1 then back up to 10 again, or whatever works for you. This keeps the mind chatter down - you're focussed on both the counting and the breathing without being distracted from what's going on around you, and the deep breaths help keep you clear, energised and alert.

The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: