The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

Please note that due to the amount of spam posts we have been receiving over the past few months, we have switched Registration to require you to be approved by a moderator.  We will go through the approval list as often as we can, but if it's been 24 hours and you haven't been Approved yet or you've received a rejection email, please email myself or one of the moderators immediately so we may correct the application.

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. December 12, 2017, 16:16:47

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Interesting self discovery....harmful?  (Read 2575 times)
Daidrea
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2014, 01:41:36 »

So while practicing grounding since the pressure ontop of my head seems to be constant... Ive discovered something rather interesting. So Ive noticed that my head always wants to face the ceiling from the pressure/pulling sensation that I get. Hard to tell if its either the Crown or Third Eye Chakra...sometimes feels like both. Anyways. I decided to try grounding with my head straight up. The pressure I was feeling soon pressing against my throat Chakra. But the weird thing was it also felt like something was pressing against my mouth as well. I opened it up a little and the pressure increased....so I opened it as wide as I could and it actually felt like something was going down my throat. Like it actually felt like my neck was physically "swallowing" whatever it was. So I kept pushing it further down as much as I could to the Root. Surprisingly the pressure on my head reduced significantly. So I repeated the "process" a few more times....and each time it got harder and harder to move it past my throat. It got to where I physically gagged... it was very strange.
Each time I did this, I could feel my entire body sort of "bulge" from what I was taking in. Interestingly enough I didn't feel the same pressure I felt in my head or neck once it got past the Throat Chakra. Right now it feels like I put on another layer of clothing. The pressure on my head is still there, but it is lighter than before.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Bluefirephoenix
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:54:04 »

What your experiencing is illusional . The chakras are symbolic and metaphoric, but it's necessary to have metaphores to understand things that feel visceral but are spiritual in origin. The goal being to eliminate fear. In hinduism where the system originated the description of chakras as landmarks to spiritual events eliminate fear  of those events through poetry and metaphore. Understanding the beauty of this unity and describing it with poetical language and mystical symbolism is how this is accomplished.

In answer to your question it is not dangerous. The danger is focusing off the goal of what the chakras are meant to lead you to and that is divine unity. The focus should be on God however you view him. Awakening is about love and unity not about energy movment. Focusing on that and the energy body will do what it needs to do to follow the focus. 
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 08:54:04 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Daidrea
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 04:04:35 »

So I found out that I believe I was experiencing Kundalini. It got to the point where I pulled as much energy from my crown into pretty much every fiber of my physical body that I could think of. Towards the end I could actually feel something "moving me". I felt like a puppet on strings if I went limp and complied with the energy that was tugging at my head. Needless to say I was very surprised. Its been more than an hour and I'm still grounding down energy. Probably was rather foolish to try to attempt or control something I didn't completely understand. Luckily I have a level head so I didn't become overwhelmed from the energy I was feeling.

I had to put up with it most of the day and didn't find out what it was until near the end of it. So it was quite an ordeal...no doubt when I come "completely down" I'm probably going to feel exhausted. Foolish as it was... at least I have an idea where to put boundaries.
Bluefirephoenix
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 10:00:55 »

Kundalini isn't about energy. It's about being one with the Source. The primary characteristic of the experience is similar to near death experiences. ... in fact at one point I thought I was dead when this happened to me. It's an encounter with God. ...  Understand I realize everyone has a different experience with that. But the one defining character of the experience is that your in union with God and overwhelmed by a feeling of being loved  with an infinite love by an infinite being. The hard part is coming back and for me it took a month to come back to normal.
The chakras represent ascending a mountain and leaving your earthly baggage behind until you reach the point where you become aware of that presence and merge with it.

Your describing energy that has nothing to do with love or any divine presence.
When your developing when you first start out on this journey your very focused on the phsyical sensations. Focus on the physical represents the base of the mountain. Eventually your focus shifts towards spirit if you keep working on that focusing more on the divine than your body then the awakening will happen. 
Stillwater
Global Moderator
Astral Energy 5

IntangibleDust
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 11:15:07 »

So I found out that I believe I was experiencing Kundalini. It got to the point where I pulled as much energy from my crown into pretty much every fiber of my physical body that I could think of. Towards the end I could actually feel something "moving me". I felt like a puppet on strings if I went limp and complied with the energy that was tugging at my head. Needless to say I was very surprised. Its been more than an hour and I'm still grounding down energy. Probably was rather foolish to try to attempt or control something I didn't completely understand. Luckily I have a level head so I didn't become overwhelmed from the energy I was feeling.

I had to put up with it most of the day and didn't find out what it was until near the end of it. So it was quite an ordeal...no doubt when I come "completely down" I'm probably going to feel exhausted. Foolish as it was... at least I have an idea where to put boundaries.

I would say be careful about categorizing what happened to you. Kundalini is a concept that has been hijacked by pretty much everyone these days, and there is no way to separate the mythology and mis-information from what might be genuine material. You have to to take your own experiences for the individual character they possess, and try not to fit then into theories which others describe. I know how powerful these experiences can be though... I have had a few throughout life, and one very strong one recently I am still learning from. I can relate to the puppet feeling... forces like these can overload a person and take away their motor control.

I also very much relate to the thought that this can be harmful. It is so alarming, and has such force, it demands respect. Honestly, I would want to assure you that there is no danger, but I am not certain of that myself.

From being in a potentially similar experience, I might say take it slowly and learn from what you have been shown, and don't push anything. But we are sort of on our own with this stuff. You have to judge what is safe for you, and not put yourself outside of that sphere.

As Blue has said, I think these experiences can put a person in touch with greater realities and forces, that can show you all sorts of wonderful things, and change your outlook on existence.

Be safe, and I wish you well with this!

"The Gardener is but a dream of the Garden."

-Unattributed Zen monastic
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 11:15:07 »

Kzaal
Astral Energy 3

Walk the Path to your Higher Self

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 02:31:36 »

I would say be careful about categorizing what happened to you. Kundalini is a concept that has been hijacked by pretty much everyone these days, and there is no way to separate the mythology and mis-information from what might be genuine material. You have to to take your own experiences for the individual character they possess, and try not to fit then into theories which others describe. I know how powerful these experiences can be though... I have had a few throughout life, and one very strong one recently I am still learning from. I can relate to the puppet feeling... forces like these can overload a person and take away their motor control.

I also very much relate to the thought that this can be harmful. It is so alarming, and has such force, it demands respect. Honestly, I would want to assure you that there is no danger, but I am not certain of that myself.

From being in a potentially similar experience, I might say take it slowly and learn from what you have been shown, and don't push anything. But we are sort of on our own with this stuff. You have to judge what is safe for you, and not put yourself outside of that sphere.

As Blue has said, I think these experiences can put a person in touch with greater realities and forces, that can show you all sorts of wonderful things, and change your outlook on existence.

Be safe, and I wish you well with this!

I can't agree more with Stillwater on that, when you experience these feelings to me it only means that I'm on the right path or that I have to change it a little bit.
You have to find the meaning behind those feelings to understand where you should be going or if you should be going anywhere at all.

If I'm unlucky or that I'm sad everyday, to me those feelings are as much important as the vibrations/sensations I get when I meditate.
If I have bad days it means that I must do good around me to stop those bad days.
If I have great AP experiences it means that I have to either keep doing what I do, or do even more to experience higher planes/AP.
That's just how I see it tho.
To me even the slightest evil/bad thoughts about stuff can change the experiences I get.

The partial becomes complete; the crooked, straight; the empty,
full; the worn out, new. He whose (desires) are few gets them; he
whose (desires) are many goes astray.
Bluefirephoenix
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 09:16:52 »

I think the biggest danger is being changed from who you are. I have been told that the energy cannot harm you. If  you understand God as being totally loving and this energy is coming from him to bring you to  be one with him it would not make sense that he would hurt you in the process. It does demand respect I agree with that, but if your not ready for it you will not experience it.  Fear is your worst enemy.   Love is your best friend.
Daidrea
Astral Energy 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 01:23:39 »

So last night and today I followed the directions of whatever was pulling me. So what ended up happening...best I could explain is it was like my body was trying to "unwind" itself. Removing tension, probably from negative experiences and also restoring flexibility in ways I never thought I could possibly do in my current shape. Granted  I had to flex in ways that looked like something from say Exorcism of Emily Rose... I had to push myself in certain areas that caused discomfort or even pain because it took alot of effort and balance to unwind certain areas. Despite what I felt, I had complete control if I wanted to stop to take a break.  This process took hours and takes a lot out of you...

Although I dont think the process is completely done yet... I feel pretty rejuvenated. Even though I'm sore and kinda tired... overall I just feel... better. Probably the most noticeable is that I can use my pinky toes again. I never really thought about it much but I guess they atrophied and couldn't move them. Now that I can, I feel much more balanced while standing. It doesn't sound like much but I feel much better.

Now the pressure on my head is pretty much completely gone. Which I'm actually thankful for because it was distracting for my everyday life. Yet I still feel like I have a spiritual connection.
Bert23
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2015, 12:19:03 »

What your experiencing is illusional . The chakras are symbolic and metaphoric, but it's necessary to have metaphores to understand things that feel visceral but are spiritual in origin. The goal being to eliminate fear. In hinduism where the system originated the description of chakras as landmarks to spiritual events eliminate fear  of those events through poetry and metaphore. Understanding the beauty of this unity and describing it with poetical language and mystical symbolism is how this is accomplished.

In answer to your question it is not dangerous. The danger is focusing off the goal of what the chakras are meant to lead you to and that is divine unity. The focus should be on God however you view him. Awakening is about love and unity not about energy movment. Focusing on that and the energy body will do what it needs to do to follow the focus. 
Yeah. I totally agree with you.
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: