The Astral Pulse
News: http://www.astralpulse.com/aup.html. Acceptable Use Policy for the forums. Please read and ensure that you respect these policies. Thank you.

If you wish the join The Astral Pulse, please create an account and then email myself or one of the moderators your username and email address (do not send us your password please) and we will activate your account for you. 
If it's been over 24 hours and you still haven't been approved, please send another email, we are just people too and sometimes we get busy.
http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/welcome_to_astral_chat/member_registration_requiring_approval-t42962.0.html

We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it's the last resort we have to fighting the spam for now.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. July 19, 2019, 03:28:50

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pranic Healing?  (Read 1732 times)
Tom
« on: April 26, 2002, 20:41:33 »

Prana is a term from yoga. It is developed in a category of practices called pranayama. By starting with the breath, which is tangible and not as subtle, it is easier to have something to focus awareness on. Then energy makes its appearance and that is the focus. The prana is primarily used for self-healing and development of meditative states, but it can be used to heal other people as well. Pranayama is often combined with asanas to direct energy to specific body parts. A book of chi kung I read said that the problem with pranayama is that it works too well. The author whose name I've never learned said that beginners in chi kung can't raise enough energy on their own to do much damage, but that with pranayama it is very easy to do so.

Adrian
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 20:58:37 »

Greetings Tom!

Thanks for your response  - most interesting!

I am familiar with Pranayama. This whole area of energetics seems to be to be worthy of further investigation and discussion.

From your understanding (or anyone's), in what way does energy manifest itself when practicing Pranayama, and how is the energy collected and directed for healing and other energetic purposes?

Thanks and best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
The Astral Pulse
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2002, 20:58:37 »

logoVisit the website of Astral Pulse creator Adrian Cooper.

Home of the best selling book Our Ultimate Reality.

Astral Projection, Metaphysics and many other subjects.

Tom
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2002, 01:48:30 »

My experience with pranayama is limited, but I have tried to train myself to breathe abdominally, more slowly, and more deeply. This corrected my posture and helped remove some tension. As a result, the backaches and headaches I'd been getting are gone. It wasn't really that I had specific experiences of energy to point to, but I did feel more alert more of the time.

Helmut
Astral Energy 2

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2002, 09:49:25 »

Hi Adrian,
Pranic Healing is kind of brandmark of Choa Kok Sui, a philipin healer of chinese origin. I don`t know much about Reiki, so I canīt compaire the systems. The power of healing is depending on the persons abillities much more than on the system they use, I think. I learned a system that in it`s basics is very much like Pranic Healing, but the concept of Pranic Healing is  more elaborated. If you work with any energetic healing system you can also adapt the technics of PH. They use the term prana identical with chi. Choa Kok Sui being of chinise origin, the term Chi Healing would have been more aprobriate, so I don`t know why he choose Pranic Healing.
Llink to the US webside.http://http://www.pranichealing.com/
Helmut

matteus
Astral Energy 1

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 10:53:50 »

I'm using Pranic Healing from at least 3 years (taken 3 level: basic, advanced, psicotherapy). I also got reiki up to 2nd level. So i think i can say something about it.
I use a lot PranicHealing and i have found very effective. It's more specific than reiki and let you check what's happening during and after your Therapy.
With it you can measure aura, main and secondary chakra and the congestion of them (with your hands). Clean them and put ealthy energy and then stabilize.
In advanced you learn how to be more effective and quick managing different types of prana.
You can also use directly over internal organs. You don't need to be near patience and can do it by distance. The ealth comes by the rule that the body as an auto recover capability. By working on your energetic body nearest you phisical body (etheric) you improve a lot this capacity.
in Psicotherapy (3rd level) instead you learn to use higher energies and use them to remove psichic problems (derived by a sort of etheric bacteria: elementals, and your concentrated negative thoughts: thought forms being trapped into your aura)
I use very little reiki. I got it after pranic healing but i feel more confortable with PH.
You can find all tecnique on books by Master Choa Kok Sui, but, if you are really interested to learn, search for a good teacher (that can give you a lot more than a book can).
There is a lot more to say about...
I hope this can help you understand what is PH and what you can do with it.

The Astral Pulse
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2002, 10:53:50 »

Adrian
Administrator
Astral Energy 5

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2002, 20:33:44 »

Greetings everyone!

I have heard alot about Pranic healing and its powers recently.  It is supposed to be much more effective than Reikki even.

Does anyone practice Pranic healing here, and are there any good web sites on the subject?

With best regards,

Adrian.

Vincit Omnia Veritas
The Astral Pulse

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: